• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Smash Upgrade (No, not tier 2)

It is consistent, but aparently, just because someone is an admin and can close threads means your arguments cannot be debunked...isnt that right?

No, that's not what happened. Azathoth gave pretty fair points as to why said scaling is invalid, and the thread went on longer after that, and most people agreed with his reasoning.

Just after most of the people that agreed with the scaling were warned or even blocked.

Isnt that a coincidence?

Not to mention that its even logical to accept the reasoning based on the final fight, or is anyone really denying that you can beat the final boss?

If you are not going to use direct scaling from the Adventure Mode, dont use it at all.

Most of the people that agreed with the scaling were not warned or blocked. If you want, I can show you proof of that. I was there, and you're either misremembering or just explaining the previous situation spitefully.

If you want to try tier 2 scaling again, first of all, make another thread for it. Cal made this thread specifically to discuss scaling regarding much lower tiers and now you're derailing it with stuff the title of the thread literally denies.

Second of all, you're going to have to debunk Azzy's reasoning for rejecting tier 2 scaling.

And also, if many feats and trophy statement scalings are within reasonable range of said feat that's being calced, there is no problem with using it.

@Marco thid thread is not for debating tier 2 smash. Please drop that.

Ever so slightly off topic, but Sheik should be able to have a smash profile. Maybe ZSS as well.

@Cal

Peach just messaged me about that. Saying Sheik should have a profile XD

Lol. Great minds think alike XD.

Speaking of Sheik, she could damage and intercept an Arwing by her lonesome. Arwings are faster than the Halberd and survived the Halberd's explosion. So she's FTL and whatever tier that explosion was in her own.

FTL Arwings are consistent with the original canon; anyway, Tier 6 is most definitely reasonable.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
May I ask where this Tier 6 stuff is coming from?
It's a guess, as it has been stated repeatedly, there is no calc.

EVERYONE here is waiting for a calc.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
If we still use Pokémon trophy descriptions for scaling, Kyogre formed all of the seas with his rain, Moltres changes the season to spring from winter with his presence, Zapdos from spring to summer, and Articuno from summer to winter. Reshiram and Zekrom can also just obliterate the world, but they don't even come out of Pokéballs. Kyurem does, though, but all his trophy description says is that he is what was left over after Zekrom and Reshiram split apart.

Okay now this kind of stuff I'm in support of.

I can give the subspace cannon a try.

My issue is that I can't seem to find a good frontal shot of The Halberd so finding precisely how wide it is is proving to be very difficult.

I can actually use Blender to open up a 3D model of the subspace gunship and determine some measurements there. The problem with this feat is that the destruction of the gunship was done via the Dragoon, and nobody has really shown to be capable of tanking that; in fact it's a OHKO move.

To piggyback off of what Saik said, if you use it in Stamina mode, if it doesn't ring out you, it won't one-shot.

It's not a perfect OHKO but it's near impossible to survive it unless the stage is conveniently built with walls placed to prevent you from flying off the screen.

Meanwhile, here Kirby is shown tanking the collision without being harmed. It's contradictory; Kirby has one of the lowest resistances to being launched or KO'd in the game. So him of all characters being treated as capable of tanking the Dragoon, which is more often than not a OHKO attack, just wouldn't work.

I'm not adamantly against that reasoning, but allowing it would be pretty generous.

so is stamina mode

Kirby is explicitly stated by his Sm4sh trophy that he is lightweight and launched easily tho

That's also stated by Palutena's Guidance statement to Pit if he fights Kirby.

But, I mean, Kirby getting knocked off-screen by it doesn't mean he doesn't tank it. It knocking Kirby off of the battlefield doesn't mean that he would get oneshotted by it. You can visually see he isn't getting obliterated in the regular sense. Like you said Arb, if the stage was built with walls in front of the cannon, then Kirby would easily just not get knocked off.

Yeah, the characters don't seem to actually get knocked out or anything by it. Sure, he goes flying, but it's shown on larger stages that Kirby can tank it. In fact, it doesn't even do a massive amount of damage. It's mostly just knockback. Also, I know this might derail it, but can someone just really quickly summarize why Smash isn't tier 2?

Noahkaismith said:
Yeah, the characters don't seem to actually get knocked out or anything by it. Sure, he goes flying, but it's shown on larger stages that Kirby can tank it. In fact, it doesn't even do a massive amount of damage. It's mostly just knockback. Also, I know this might derail it, but can someone just really quickly summarize why Smash isn't tier 2?
But the thing in smash is that knocking people off the stage = kill.

Tier 2 Smash was rejected by Azathoth because scaling the characters to bosses that are superior to the guy who literally views them as toys is faulty scaling.

Getting knocked off the stage is not the same as being killed. It's literally just being launched away from the battlefield.

Back