• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Zelda revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's fine this way. Most Links that get the Master Sword still struggle to fight 6-B bosses before the end of the game.

TriforcePower1 said:
No, it's fine this way. Most Links that get the Master Sword still struggle to fight 6-B bosses before the end of the game.
Which 6-B boss does BotW Link struggle with? And I'm also concerned about the implication that those bosses wouldn't scale to Link and not vice versa.

You mean the bosses that scales to a casual 6-B feat? That's what we're using to argue against 6-A? Alright so either MS profile needs to be revised or we need to revise bosses that scale to MS. Either way, a revision needs to go through. It is not remotely fine this way.

A normal sword is 9-C, but in the hands of a toddler it's not going to do more than a superficial cut.

The justification needs to change. I made the current justification because, due to having the Master Sword, he should have been stronger than Links that don't have it. Which is wrong, so instead, we'll use something else. In order to take the Master Sword in BOTW, you need 13 hearts, and it's a test of strength according to the Great Deku Tree. You're most likely going to take the sword at a point where you've faced the Blights, both due to the geographical position of the lost woods and for the 13 hearts restriction. As such, because PreCalamity Link also pulled the Master Sword, he should be comparable to Midgame Link, who's 6-B.

Bruh.

What if I defeat Calamity with a random wood stick? 2 hours after stsrting the game?

Joke answer: Just downgrade Zelda verse to 10-C then ovo

Serious answer: Getting the Master Sword is one of the main quests of the game

Is it possible that the Master Sword was never downgraded during a revision?

GiverOfThePeace said:
Master Sword clearly isn't a regular sword, it amps the user. https://youtu.be/-mecaGjOoDQ?list=PLHLhcULPCm0y8Ztt-Yyizso5XH0myShEm&t=588

The true power of the master sword would be 3-A. We're asking for a 6-A upgrade or a master sword downgrade. Triforce, it's full potential is 3-A.
That's wrong. 6-A is the tier of the GODDESS sword, not the Master Sword. For some reason the High 4-C tier for the actual Master Sword is absent, or replaced by the 3-A tier of the Golden Master Sword. Also, the sword immediately amping people to High 4-C, or even 6-A, is contradicted by Link struggling against 6-B bosses in every game in which he takes the Master Sword (not considering Skyward Sword).

Remember that Link before the Trial of the Sword can't use the full power of Master Sword against all his enemies, but only against Blights and Ganon.

I'd argue that even after that it still aint full power for a handful of reasons.

And isnt calamity ganon the weakest ganon? At least in jpn? BOTW Link should scale to baseline Master sword though.

TriforcePower1 said:
GiverOfThePeace said:
Master Sword clearly isn't a regular sword, it amps the user. https://youtu.be/-mecaGjOoDQ?list=PLHLhcULPCm0y8Ztt-Yyizso5XH0myShEm&t=588

The true power of the master sword would be 3-A. We're asking for a 6-A upgrade or a master sword downgrade. Triforce, it's full potential is 3-A.
That's wrong. 6-A is the tier of the GODDESS sword, not the Master Sword. For some reason the High 4-C tier for the actual Master Sword is absent, or replaced by the 3-A tier of the Golden Master Sword. Also, the sword immediately amping people to High 4-C, or even 6-A, is contradicted by Link struggling against 6-B bosses in every game in which he takes the Master Sword (not considering Skyward Sword).
So what you're claiming is, the Goddess Sword, the sword that gets upgraded into the master sword is higher then the master sword? A 6-B feat bosses scale to. That isn't even done with effort. That's not remotely contradicted. That's just meas the 6-B feat isn't the end all be all and it should stop being treated as that. So again. Either.

A. Downgrade the Master Sword.

B. Upgrade the bosses.

I've never said that. Goddess Sword is 6-A, (True) Master Sword is High 4-C and the Golden Master Sword is 3-A.

Just because the Master Sword is High 4-C (At least 5-A, possibly High 4-C to be exact) doesn't mean that Link is that same tier the exact moment he pulls the Sword, as that's contradicted by Link struggling against the bosses.

Doesnt the master sword almost always get an upgrade. In the games where it gets an upgrade, it wont scale to it's best prior to the upgrade if even.

In games where it doesnt and there's nothing stating it's weaker, well things are gonna have to be upgraded unles you wanna call an entire game's catalog of bosses outliers but that's iffy.

Why does this suddenly put it below the Goddess Sword?

The bosses feat is scaling to a casual feat, so no I didn't call it an outlier, if anything I outright said, either the Master Sword needs to be downgraded or the bosses need to be upgraded. Nothing I stated here was using an outlier.

I wasnt talking about you specifically, I was agreeing with upgrading bosses as long as it fits under the conditions that I said.

I was saying that the only way it'd contradict it is if the boss' were outliers in the wrong way, which is very iffy and i wouldnt agree to it without substantial evidence.

So what are the TL;DR conclusions here?

Also, has anybody asked the knowledgeable staff members yet?

Actually someone should message I think cal howard or medeus as theyre the only admins linked on the supporter list (other than you and azazoth). I'll drop a message on their walls.

But honestly this seems straight forward, it actually feels like a simple overlooked thing. If link has the master sword just scale him to it's lowest output and those he fights after getting it. If the master sword is weaker than normal just scale it to it's lowest (because it cant be weaker than goddess sword from skyward).

I suppose, but I want to take as small chances as possible.

I think it was discussed that the Master Sword's tier is pretty outdated and that there should be more keys for it. I know True Master Sword and Golden Sword was another suggestion agreed to be seperated and it does admittedly appear to be mostly based on the Skyward Sword portrayal. True Master Sword is High 4-C scaling from Demise and Golden Sword is 3-A scaling from Complete Triforce empowered Ganon. But like what's said, there appears to be some inconsistencies. There was one suggestion a while back to make various Temple bosses that are currently 6-B to High 6-B upgraded to 6-A, but I believe Cal was unsure about that.

So I think it might be best to revise the Master Sword first. The two strongest keys are pretty straightforward, but all the weaker versions may need to be reevaluated. There could be more keys or maybe the main Master Sword could get a variable Tier. I'm open for more suggestions, but want to here thoughts from Cal Howard or @Dark649 whom I also recall is knowledgeable on Zelda.

Would it still not be >The Godess Sword, no matter what?

While the master sword changes in potency depending on game due to outside forces, it should uner no circumstane drop below the goddess sword.

It should always be that +1.

Perhaps, but unlike the main Master Sword, it is unclear if the Goddess Sword enhances the wielder. And at the same time, it's also dubious if Goddess Sword should scale from Link in the first place. Typically, melee weapons are like wielder dependant in which the Tier is dependant on the wielder. I know the Master Sword is different and actually has Magic Powers that enhance the Wielders physical strength and durability in canon. But it's unknown if the regular Goddess Sword is quite like that or at least to the same extent.

Why would it not? Enhancing the goddess sword wasnt supposed to give it magical powers that amp the weilder, it's safe to assume that is something inherent to it prior to being forged.

And the goddess sword should scale to Ghirahim anyway pre-transformation in spite of link.

The Master Sword is described as the Blade of Evil's Bane. So it would inherently be stronger against all evil enemies by that logic. Though, I think Triforce found that to be a mistranslation and that the correction is that it's an Anti-Demon Sword. Again, I'm overall neutral and want to here more thoughts first, but either the lower keys could be downgraded, or we have a whole bunch of Temple bosses to upgrade to 6-A and above scaling from Goddess Sword.

The 6-A scaling is because Base Ghirahim fought Faro, who has her 6-A+ feat . Early SW Link fought Ghirahim twice with the Goddess Sword and Goddess Longsword, indeed harming him in both forms.

These two versions of the sword are like the embryonic states of the Master Sword, meaning that even the Incomplete Master Sword that Link just picked up in WW [And which WW Ganondorf deemed as very weak to him] should be stronger than the Goddess Longsword.

Only the bosses that fought Link with a Master Sword scale above the Goddess Longsword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back