• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Shanks Addition

Eminiteable

He/Him
Shanks and his sword Grypho should get resistance to heat similar to Whitebeard. Both him and the sword came into contact with Akainu's magma fist and resisted the heat produced by said magma with no notable struggle.

Rather, I think CoA should get a degree of heat resistance (If it doesn't already have it) since that's more than likely what Shanks used when he blocked Akainu's attack.

Purgy said:
Rather, I think CoA should get a degree of heat resistance (If it doesn't already have it) since that's more than likely what Shanks used when he blocked Akainu's attack.
Koka already grants resistance to heat but in the panel that I'm referring too Shanks isn't using Koka on himself or his blade, maybe he used Goken but it's not as clear as other cases of that ability for it to be applied.

You are referring to this right?

A221ae8b9890e96a6592588c91689eb9

Because there were dozen of times in the Marineford arc where Armament Haki was used without it being shown.

Haki can also be used without the addition of Koka, Koka is a statistics amplification and although it's likely Shanks can use it he didn't show it.

Either way regardless Shanks himself would still be eligible for Heat resistance (and his sword as well since it's not reasonable to assume he used Koka just due to the fact we don't know) since It's resistance to Akainu's heat aura.

Strings40404 said:
I mean Shanks is a lot more powerful than Akainu so why would he need resistance?
The same reason Whitebeard has it, the Admirals' devil fruits are Powerful.

Strings40404 said:
That's a stupid reason.
It's a simplified reason, the actual reason is Akainu's magma completely melted through Whitebeards skin and head and the heat it gave off was capable of instantly melting swords.

Dr.Fix said:
Seems straightforward. I kind of wonder where we draw the line with Akainu's limited durability negation? :S
I imagine with Kaido since the dude was captured by the marines and set to be executed, I assume the marines didn't just give up on killing Kaido once the blades failed to work.

Should be fine to add.

We've seen Akainu's heat melt swords in close proximity, and Shanks' sword is fine even after direct contact. So there's some resistance.

Right should be fine to add then, while we're on the topic tho, Whitebeards Murakumogiri should also get resistance to heat since it came into contact with Akainu's magma twice without any damage noticeable.
One-piece-1038360
Screenshot 20200130-115656 Samsung Internet

Ace got off with just a slight bur instead of losing his hand. That's in spite of the DF advantage.

Whitebeard backhanded it too.

So I feel like 6-B might be the cut off when Akainu's potency wears off. Whetehr its a weapon or their flesh they're just too powerful.

But if @Calaca decides to give everyone who resisted Akainu's magma heat resistance that's his call. Just pointing out eventually we have to set a standard or we get Akainu beating chracters far above him.

P:S Tried to link the scan of WB but got an error message.

I still think Shank's sword shouldn't get it since again, CoA was more than likely used (Doesn't need to be Koka, the Enhancement variation still does everything Koka does just to a lesser extent). However, Shanks should get some amount of it since he was standing close to Akainu.

If you think otherwise, then you should be considering giving Whitebeard's Bisento and Shank's Gryphon non-physical interaction since they interacted with Kizaru and Akainu respectively but the panel never showed them using CoA.

Based on what? It enhances durability and offence and allows you to interact with Logia, it does everything Koka does just to a weaker extent.

You're staff now. You commented on the thread. @Damage hasn't. @Ant hadn't at the time.

Damage has commented.

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

Back