• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Shanks Profile Revamp

Eminiteable

He/Him
Revamp for the Shanks profile.

Main changes:
  1. Many Justification Updates with added references (The Sandbox should be self-explanatory):Power and Abilities, Stamina, Range, Standard Equipment, Intelligence, Weaknesses and Notable Attacks/Techniques.
    1. The only thing I feel is worth explaining further from these justification changes is that I removed his Weakness justification because the current one already indicates that it isn't a weakness for him at this point (i.e., not notable).
  2. Supernatural Willpower addition: This is a new additional ability added to his profile that I felt needed further explanation than the sandbox alone provided. We already accept the whole willpower scaling from these threads (Here and Here); this is just adding an ability that would come with that.

3. "Breath" Cutting abilities: The ability skilled swordsmen in the verse use to cut through materials like iron and steel is described as the 'pinnacle of swordsmanship' by Zoro's master. After learning this ability, Zoro's swordsmanship is stated to have evolved to a higher level. However, it is worth noting that Zoro was only stated to have acquired the skills worthy of a master/great swordsman, both in name and actuality, after his two years of training with Mihawk. This means that the level of swordsmanship Zoro possessed before the timeskip, which allowed him to use these abilities at will, still falls below the level of a master swordsman/great swordsman. We know this to be true because even swordsmen like Kin'emon and Hyogoro are capable of it, yet they didn't possess the title of "Great Swordsmen" like others in their own country did. Additionally, we know that Shanks achieved such titles and level of swordsmanship, as he was identified as Mihawk's last worthy foe, and he currently serves as the benchmark for the level of swordmaster that Mihawk is eagerly waiting to fight.

Simply put, Shanks is undeniably at a level of swordsmanship where he can use this ability at will. He is already capable of utilizing the necessary level of Busoshoku Haki for this technique, and there are reasons to believe that he has employed it in the story; As although it may not serve as explicit proof, we witness Shanks effortlessly cutting through Kid's metal rail gun.
Gotta thank @MonkeyOfLife and @Fireld for reviewing the sandbox.

Last edited:
I'm unsure. I could see it being argued that he would be above Beginning of Timeskip Zoro, but Zoro's Enma-empowered slashes don't seem as well supported.

This looks really good, although we don’t list “Pain Tolerance” in the P&A anymore. That goes in the stamina justification.

Also wouldn't this also effect his range via Goken's air slashes? Tbh he should scale to non Enma Zoro's Goken range.
Do you mean something like this?
At least Kilometers with flying slashes (Shanks has superior destructive force and sword skills compared to Dressrosa Arc Zoro, which are crucial for executing flying slashes. thus, it can be inferred that Shanks can produce flying slashes greater than Zoro)

Back