• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Itachi Releases True Goon Energy and Vaporizes Akainu

Akainu < those trees around the Uchiha hideout.

Premise:
As of now we consider Akainu's feat of burning away this pirate's sword as vaporization since we don't visually see ash particles above the upper half of the blade, and since this was done through heat, it could be because of vaporization.

The issue with this reasoning is that ash particles can reduce in size through experiencing extended amounts of time near sources which burn, just like how the blade was originally reduced to smaller particles. It will continually be reduced until it reaches a state where the particle(s) can't be burned anymore. Since this blade was in close proximity with Akainu's lava, with Akainu's manga fist approaching the blade more and more, increasing the amount of heat the blade is in contact with. This would explain the lack of ash particles visually remaining from the upper-half of that burnt blade.

It would take a higher preponderance of evidence to assume that the upper-half of the blade was vaporized when the visual evidence that we see of the blade was purely just ashed, nothing else, just ashed. It also didn't leave behind vapor, which if this was vaporization, it should've because of the solid matter transferring from a solid into a gas.

Concluion:
Akainu's feat should be considered as just ashing/charring the blade instead of vaporizing it. Simple.

Voting:
Agree:

Disagree: @KingTempest, @DarkDragonMedeus

Neutral:

Last edited:
one-piece-time-one-piece.gif

Ash doesn't hold its form like that. If this were ash it would have been blown away.

Akainu is lunging towards them, which would produce force, thus blowing "ash." away
Screenshot-20230629-164412-Gallery.jpg

Actually the only thing I don’t get about the image is I don’t see how that was caused by Akainu’s “passive” heat.

To me it seemed like the pirate swung at Akainu and got his sword burned as a result, not that like being near Akainu just instantly vaporized that blade.

We literally don't see the sword turn into ash? Whenever you burn metal the shit turns ******* black. Also "steel." doesn't matter. Metal doesn't turn into ash period.
We directly see the blade turning into particles which look like ash, the charred remains which are falling off the blade looks like ash. It literally bellows up like ash. It can be assumed as ash.

It doesn't need to be ash then, it still wouldn't negate the fact that particles, when introduced with enough heat, can be reduced to sizes which are invisible to the naked eye, it doesn't necessarily have to be vaporization.

Agree. This very obviously isn't vaporization. We still see some chunks of the sword and no clear indicators of vaporization like gas.

You should get the sound effect translated, as it may give insight into what's happening,

We directly see the blade turning into particles which look like ash, the charred remains which are falling off the blade looks like ash. It literally bellows up like ash. It can be assumed as ash.

It doesn't need to be ash then, it still wouldn't negate the fact that particles, when introduced with enough heat, can be reduced to sizes which are invisible to the naked eye, it doesn't necessarily have to be vaporization.
Steel blackens when intense heat is applied to it. That doesn't necessarily mean that its ash. Especially since steel (and metals in general) can't ash.

We don't see "particles." at all, that's the issue. We only see the top half of the sword gone. Those "particles." are literally bits of Akainu's magma being flung around.

You know the magma man? Who's made of magma? Who's currently propelling himself towards someone at high velocity? Yeah no. Your argument makes no sense.

Steel blackens when intense heat is applied to it. That doesn't necessarily mean that its ash. Especially since steel (and metals in general) can't ash.
That kinda makes the feat more fodder no? It's not vape and it's not ash, meaning it's some lower form of heat/destruction.

Idrc what conclusion we come too tbh, all I can say right now is this shit is not vaporization.

Ok I think it’s best to get some raw numbers here.

If the sword isn’t made out of steel and therefore not vaporization, what should the sword be considered it made out of and what value of heat should we scale the feat to for turning the blade into a charred pile of black.

Stop hyperfocusing on the semantic usage of ash and focus on the idea that matter, when introduced to enough heat, can reduce in size to the point they're invisible to the naked eye.

If the sword isn’t made out of steel and therefore not vaporization, what should the sword be considered it made out of and what value of heat should we scale the feat to for turning the blade into a charred pile of black.
Metals don't turn into ash regardless of its steel or not.

I didn't, I hyper-focused on the idea that matter can be reduced to the point of being invisible to the naked eye without it being vaporization. That's my main, central argument. My usage of the word ash seems to be incorrect, I'll admit that. My point still remains however.

Tell me what else makes metal go you know, vanish into nothingness from sheer intense heat alone? Unless it's EE you can't really argue that it's not vaporization.

Tell me what else makes metal go you know, vanish into nothingness from sheer intense heat alone? Unless it's EE you can't really argue that it's not vaporization.
Broski, the point is that you don't know it literally is vanishing into nothing.

It could just be in pieces to small to see. Everything about the feat contradicts vaporization, and it would be you burden to prove it is.

Broski, the point is that you don't know it literally is vanishing into nothing.

It could just be in pieces to small to see. Everything about the feat contradicts vaporization, and it would be you burden to prove it is.
The OP made the claim therefore he needs to provide evidence of his interpretation taking priority of my own interpretation which is blatant vaporization.

"It's possible that with enough heat that he simply turned it into particles and made them thin enough to be completely invisible." whenever that would still imply the metal turning into ash which is impossible vs "he just vaporized it since we see nothing."

You use a lot more assumptions than mine.

"It's possible that with enough heat that he simply turned it into particles and made them thin enough to be completely invisible." whenever that would still imply the metal turning into ash which is impossible vs "he just vaporized it since we see nothing."

You use a lot more assumptions than mine.
Improper usage of Occams Razor. It doesn't apply here.

The problem is that one of these hypotheses is not possible, guess which one it is.

Particles are just small localized objects, it doesn't actually give a quality behind them. I'm saying that Akainu turned this solid object into smaller solid particles, not that the quality of solid particles was changed to gas particles or liquid particles.

Particles are just localized areas within space, it doesn't actually give a quality behind them. I'm saying that Akainu turned this solid object into smaller solid particles, not that the quality of solid particles was changed to gas particles or liquid particles.
Which you have no actual basis of other than "hey this is a possibility that could have happened."

Your acting as if your interpretation overwrites mine whenever it doesn't.

Why would heat turn a solid into another solid? That's not how heat works, heat doesn't magically turn things into smaller particles of metal. Metal either melts or vaporizes when introduced to heat.

Give me an example of high amounts of heat turning metal into smaller particles.

Back