• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Itachi Releases True Goon Energy and Vaporizes Akainu

Because you say so? Not a reason.
Broski. I explained it in the next sentence.
Metal turning into ******* ash and particles ya genius.
Okie dokie. So since you're just going back to old talking points, i'm just gonna ask u to explain
Can someone show me where the vapor is in that panel?
Also the OP high key just explained vaporization. Vapor still has particles, just not liquid particles, so your attempting to say that Akainu just kinda turned the metal into particles...? That we can't see.....? Like vaporization?
I think you're just misunderstanding the OP by a mile

He's just saying that the sword could just be in pieces to small to see, which is not vape at all. You still haven't explained
  • Where is the vapor in this supposed vaporization feat
  • Why can we still see solid pieces of the sword if it's being vaporized
  • Where exactly is the evidence of vape that puts it over our hypotheses
You have failed to reconcile the contradictions in your hypotheses and failed to explain the evidence for your hypotheses that puts it over ours. All you are doing is getting hung up on the semantics of "ash" and "particle" instead of actually addressing the argument, which has been made clear to you.
Well Deceived you still need to explain the process. I hope you know that
If it being ash is debunked, then what happened?
It's just in pieces to small to see. No one has defeated this, stop leaning into semantics to dodge the fact your position is contradictory and baseless.

It's just in pieces to small to see. No one has defeated this, stop leaning into semantics to dodge the fact your position is contradictory and baseless.
I have no position. I've been memeing the whole time. I haven't even agreed or disagreed.

That's that.

Also, how the **** does heat turn metal into smaller particles of said metal

He's just saying that the sword could just be in pieces to small to see, which is not vape at all. You still haven't explained
Why would magma break shit into smaller pieces?
  • Where is the vapor in this supposed vaporization feat
Not all vapor is visible, similarly to how you said "it could just be invisible." the same can be said for the vapor. After all, it's not large quantities of metal being vaporized hence there wouldn't be a lot of vapor.
  • Why can we still see solid pieces of the sword if it's being vaporized
That's the piece that didn't touch Akainu.
  • Where exactly is the evidence of vape that puts it over our hypotheses
Read above. Logic, physics, etc

Why do y'all believe this feat was done through just pure heat?

Like, the feat was done by Akainu's magma first, which generates KE because it's a solid object moving at a speed. It's just as possible that Akainu's heat charred the blade to the point the structural integrity of it was compromised, and because of this, when the KE of Akainu's punch was traveling directly in the path of where that blade was, it caused the blade to break apart into smaller pieces, to the point we can't visually see them anymore.

I don't see how y'all can't understand this. Everything we have about the feat doesn't imply vaporization, we see zero vapor, which would've been made if this was vaporization. None of y'all have actually countered this idea, like at all.

It's because we see zero vapor that I believe my interpretation holds more weight compared to my opponent's interpretation.

I have no position. I've been memeing the whole time. I haven't even agreed or disagreed.

That's that.
7984f189d9ba7c3d0676e83de3bb6d2f.jpg

Sounds like cope that this attack above heat solo's OP.
Also, how the **** does heat turn metal into smaller particles of said metal
When a metal chars, it becomes brittle, when a force is applied upon it (Say Akainu flying toward it), it'll break.
Why would magma break shit into smaller pieces?
See above. This shit isn't difficult.

Also it's heat, not magma. The magma never touched the sword.
Not all vapor is visible, similarly to how you said "it could just be invisible." the same can be said for the vapor. After all, it's not large quantities of metal being vaporized hence there wouldn't be a lot of vapor.
I find this extraordinarily unconvincing, especially when we see affected parts of the blade still have physical form.
That's the piece that didn't touch Akainu.
Akainu did not touch the blade. Is this not the passive heat from being around him????????????
Read above. Logic, physics, etc
Yeh more cope.

Battle ready swords are heat treated, most blades are so there goes the "the heat could have effected the integrity." argument.

The better question is how does the heat disintegrate a sword near Akainu, but the fodder pirate holding the sword standing next to him looks perfectly untouched.
not in range, sword handle and lower end of sword's still fine
Why do y'all believe this feat was done through just pure heat?

Like, the feat was done by Akainu's magma first, which generates KE because it's a solid object moving at a speed. It's just as possible that Akainu's heat charred the blade to the point the structural integrity of it was compromised, and because of this, when the KE of Akainu's punch was traveling directly in the path of where that blade was, it caused the blade to break apart into smaller pieces, to the point we can't visually see them anymore.

I don't see how y'all can't understand this. Everything we have about the feat doesn't imply vaporization, we see zero vapor, which would've been made if this was vaporization. None of y'all have actually countered this idea, like at all.
His fist didn't touch the blade

Like the OP's interpretation literally requires extra assumptions for no good reason.

Also for the record, just look at Amaterasu and even that doesn't show "vapor." just the Kunai burning and then it's gone. No vapor, so I don't even see the point in the "no vapor." argument.

His fist didn't touch the blade
His fist doesn't need to touch the blade, the energy created can still hit it because kinetic energy generates further out then the actual mass of the object, it's why people can still die from the forward pressure created by tank shells traveling through the air without the actual tank shell hitting them.

KE doesn't just stick to the object like glue, it expands out.....

His fist doesn't need to touch the blade, the energy created can still hit it because kinetic energy generates further out then the actual mass of the object, it's why people can still die from the forward pressure created by tank shells traveling through the air without the actual tank shell hitting them.
Literally his passive heat has never hurt anyone with its KE. His heat aura doesn't produce kinetic energy, it produces thermal energy.

Literally his passive heat has never hurt anyone with its KE. His heat aura doesn't produce kinetic energy, it produces thermal energy.
I didn't say heat bruh, I said his magma fist, which is a solid object, and has, in-fact, hurt people through KE.

Please read what I'm typing bruh.

it has hurt people through KE
it has never hurt people via KE prior to touching them
I don't see how this addresses anything, it still produces outward force because of said KE. It wouldn't negate my argument if his fist has or hasn't damaged people with his KE shockwaves or whatever, when I'm arguing a brittle sword was destroyed by the KE. It could just mean those people are more durable than a brittle sword.

I don't know what to tell you but I would consider that Akainu's fist is near the sword. Definitely near enough to have KE affect it.

Battle ready swords are heat treated, most blades are so there goes the "the heat could have effected the integrity." argument.
There goes the "brittle." argument.

Shit swords have been heat treated since the medieval times unless you think pirates in the midst of war are rolling up with nerf swords and super soakers.

I don't know what to tell you but I would consider that Akainu's fist is near the sword. Definitely near enough to have KE affect it.
His fist isn't extending, his pulling it back for a punch first of all. Secondly, again not his fist its his heat aura which doesn't create KE. It's just sheer thermal energy, so again wrong.

Swords being heat tested doesn't mean they're incapable of becoming brittle through enough heat?

Can I have a source which states that heat tested objects are incapable of becoming brittle through heat?

His fist isn't extending, his pulling it back for a punch first of all. Secondly, again not his fist its his heat aura which doesn't create KE. It's just sheer thermal energy, so again wrong.
He's literally moving forward, his body, which would include his arm that was raised to strike Luffy, would be generating KE.

It's magma, not just pure thermal energy or fire, magma. Which means it can create KE as it's a solid that's moving.

Swords being heat tested doesn't mean they're incapable of becoming brittle through enough heat?

Can I have a source which states that heat tested objects are incapable of becoming brittle through heat?
Sure. The whole ass point of heat treatment is is make sure the blade doesn't become brittle again.

Also it not heat that makes metals brittle lol, what makes it brittle is after it cools off so you'd be wrong there too.

He's literally moving forward, his body, which would include his arm that was raised to strike Luffy, would be generating KE.
Again, that's his body and fist, not his aura. Neither his fist nor body makes contact with the sword, it's his aura which is thermal energy.
It's magma, not just pure thermal energy or fire, magma.
His aura isn't magma, its the ambient thermal energy his magma produces.
Which means it can create KE as it's a solid that's moving.
Read above.

Sure. The whole ass point of heat treatment is is make sure the blade doesn't become brittle again.

Also it not heat that makes metals brittle lol, what makes it brittle is after it cools off so you'd be wrong there too.
"Heat treating can improve wear resistance by hardening the material. Metals (including steel, titanium, inconel, and some copper alloys) can be hardened either on the surface (case hardening) or all the way through (through hardening), to make the material stronger, tougher, more durable and more resistant to wear"

I don't see in any of this which states heat-resistant weaponry is incapable of becoming brittle, it just states that heat-resistant objects are more resistant to heat, not immune or incapable of. This actively disproves your original point.

Charring something will make it brittle, the blade was charred, ergo it's more brittle.

Charing a hunk of metal to where it just breaks apart makes no sense.

That shit will melt way before it becomes brittle enough. The black shit that is "brittle." is just a burnt up layer of carbon.

Charring something will make it brittle, the blade was charred, ergo it's more brittle.
Wrong. That's what tempering does.

Brittleness occurs when metal is tempered for too short of a time. Lower your hardening temperature and allow for proper tempering and you'll avoid brittleness.

If you want to correct brittleness, increase your hardening temperature and the amount of time you're giving your metal if you're noticing improper tempering. If your metal suffers from too much hardness, change your formula.

We literally see the blade start falling apart, it isn't just a "burnt layer of carbon", it clearly affected the structural integrity of the blade itself.

We literally see the blade start falling apart, it isn't just a "burnt layer of carbon", it clearly affected the structural integrity of the blade itself.
Sure for the bottom half. The upper half is quite literally gone, you can't argue that they just got magically deconstructed into sub atomic particles or some shit whenever Akainu never even hit the damn thing.

Yeah, I agree with what the others said. Burning something into black steel salt isn't exactly vaporization nor is it the same thing as ash.

Akainu's Magma Fist never touched the sword.
To me personally

7CKfuzU.png

This image looks like the pirate swung his sword at Akainu (to try and protect Luffy who was also in the panel) and that’s how it got dissolved. Not that like Akainu just being next to the sword completely vaporized it. Especially since there seems to be trace amounts of magma flying at the sword.

Back