• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lonkitt

He/Him
VS Battles
Retired
Alright, so while I'm writing up another revision, I wanted to try and tackle this one because I've been questioning it for awhile, and with all the MCU revisions going on, this isn't one that's gonna change the course of the scaling chain

My proposal is that we combine the Homemade Suit/Stealth Suit/Suitless and Tech Suit/Bosco Suit keys

Why? Well, it's simple, there's no reason to argue that the Tech Suits are any stronger than how Peter is with less advanced suits

The Suits
Unlike the Iron Spider, which works similarly to many of Tony's suits, there's nothing about the Tech or Bosco Suits that imply he's being enhanced to any degree. All they do is give him far more versatility through the suit's functions.

Spider-Man vs Vulture
"Held his own against Vulture, albeit barely"

This is a very misleading way of describing the final fight. For context, Peter just learned that his crush's father is Adrian Toomes, the same criminal he's been aiming to stop. From this point on, he doesn't approach him with the intent to fight, but rather try and convince him that he's making the wrong decisions. In the final confrontation, he focuses more on avoiding his attacks and uses a few webs to keep him at bay. He only ever strikes Toomes once in the fight and after that he just wants to save the guy from getting blown up.

From this point on, it should be clear: Peter was holding back. Even our Vulture page takes note of this. On that note, I also think we shouldn't claim that Vulture "Overpowered Spider-Man". Oh, wow, he beat down on the guy trying not to hurt him. Keep in mind that when he supposedly "overpowers" him, Peter's able to prevent him from continuing his onslaught which leads to Toomes resorting to dragging him into the air.

Durability
In his Homemade Suit, he's taking hits from gauntlets canonically superior to Crossbones', which did enough damage to Captain America to briefly exhaust him. Peter tanked the Shocker Gauntlet hits and still got up in both his Homemade and Tech Suit. We've seen Spider-Man catch a punch from Bucky and fight Cap. Why should it be implied Peter in Non-Tech Suits should be any lesser in durability or his AP?

Conclusions

Essentially, I propose that the keys look like this:

Key: Base | Iron Spider

Spider-Man's AP and Durability reasonings (for the Base key) should look like this:

Attack Potency: Building level (Held a ferry together. Fought Captain America, though the latter was holding back. Harmed Bucky with a swing kick. Kicked Giant-Man in the face hard enough to make him sidestep. Destroyed Mysterio's drones)

Durability: Building level (Survived being blasted through school buses by the Shocker, whose gauntlets are even more powerful than the ones Crossbones used to harm Captain America. Survived holding a ferry together, a jet bridge falling onto him, an accidental slap from Giant-Man, a few serious hits from Captain America. Withstood missiles from Mysterio's drones)

As for his Base key's speed:

Speed: Subsonic movement speed (Jumped on the roof of a bus and shot webs before a drone could perform a strike. Easily outran Black Widow. Comparable to Captain America) with Massively Hypersonic reflexes and combat speed (Matched Winter Soldier and Falcon in combat at the same time. Dodged Scarlet Witch's attacks and should be comparable to her. Dodged attacks from Chitauri-based technology). Higher with Spider-Sense (Dodged multiple automatic fire attacks from Mysterio's drones at the same time)

All the lifting strength stuff can just be from the stuff he has on his current Tech Suits key

And now onto Vulture

Attack Potency: Building level (Harmed Spider-Man)

Durability: Building level (Took a hit from Spider-Man, albeit he was holding back)

Thoughts?

EDIT: Three clarifications, I removed any mention of Cull from the stats given they're huge outliers that I think we can all agree don't support anything. Secondly, Iron Spider is not affected by this proposal. Lastly, Cull's lifting strength section will be edited because of the first clarification. Spider-Man is not superior to him in lifting strength

Last edited:
Caughting bucky bionic arm without any damage is weird evidence for building when his bionic arm is like City Block
Rest is good

Caughting bucky bionic arm without any damage is weird evidence for building when his bionic arm is like City Block
Rest is good
From Bucky's page:

Note: The likes of Captain America, Black Panther and Spider-Man do not scale to Winter Soldier's bionic arm due to its inconsistency, as well as the significant difference between piercing or crushing to punching.

Oddly enough I feel like Spider-Man should be the only one free from that as he was able to catch cull obsidian's blow he's been portrayed as having really superior LS than those two but I believe cull is considered an outlier unfortunately so it should probably be removed unless that's changed

Iron spider should prolly scale
He easily overpowered cull and i don't remember any anti feat outside of maybe the star lord stuff
Then again iirc Peter wasn't aware of the blaster full strength and quill wasn't aware of how exactly strong iron spider is

So far it seems like the majority of people are alright with the key combination + Vulture changes, but what and what shouldn't be the reasoning for 8-C is being questioned

Instead of the Bucky feat, would it be easier to list "Fought against Captain America" instead?

I agree with the proposed changes for the key combination.

Also, if we're treating the Cull stuff as an outlier, this stuff on Cull's profile should be changed:

Lifting Strength: Class M (Should be weaker than Spider-Man, Ripped the arm off of Hulkbuster 2.0 and should be comparable to it)

The first part should be removed, and the second part should at bare minimum upgrade him (and Hulk's Hulkbuster 2.0 key) to 'At least Class M', as the Hulkbuster 2.0 should be at least equal in LS to the first Hulkbuster, which is 'At least Class M'. I don't remember Cull or Hulkbuster 2.0 grappling with any Class T characters, so that might be the extent of LS for them.

Lifting Strength: Class M (Should be weaker than Spider-Man, Ripped the arm off of Hulkbuster 2.0 and should be comparable to it)

The first part should be removed, and the second part should at bare minimum upgrade him (and Hulk's Hulkbuster 2.0 key) to 'At least Class M', as the Hulkbuster 2.0 should be at least equal in LS to the first Hulkbuster, which is 'At least Class M'. I don't remember Cull or Hulkbuster 2.0 grappling with any Class T characters, so that might be the extent of LS for them.
Just realized that the section is implying that Spider-Man > Hulkbuster 2.0 in lifting strength. Insane. Yeah, agreed, it's gotta be changed. I think that's all in terms of profiles getting altered and thankfully it's not even a huge edit

Well, Cull is High 7-A and can tear off the arm of a Hulkbuster armour supposedly superior to the one that matches Hulk

TLDR: Spider-Man isn’t High 7-A and if you’d wanna argue that, I’d really not wanna do it in this specific thread
Nah was just asking i can see why base Spider-Man is considerated but not iron

Iron spider should prolly scale
He easily overpowered cull and i don't remember any anti feat outside of maybe the star lord stuff
Then again iirc Peter wasn't aware of the blaster full strength and quill wasn't aware of how exactly strong iron spider is
Iron Spider didn't, normal suit Spidey did.

Didn't seen that part
O well good point should be removed for lifting strength via that reasoning
Was more Like question ING why is that an outlier for an different reason but Doesn't matter now

Back