• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Garfield revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garfield has mild Time Manipulation. In two comics, Garfield said he would kick Odie into next week. Odie was abselt for multiple strips, before landing on Garfield the next week.

Kicking odie into next week

Odie next week

As is impressive as this is described, it may be worthwhile to verify the dates the comics were posted. 6-29 & 7-2 of 1984, assuming those are date markers.

Supposing the comics bases what day itis on real life's time, then Garfield sent Odie roughly 3 or 4 days into the future with that kick.

Garfield comics are online, officially, & sorted by date, right? Could anyone verify what dates these comics correspond to?

Yes. I also own a collection book of comic strips, and the strips in question are close to each other.

Edit: I found the exact dates.

The first strip shown was published on June 29th 1984. The second one was published on July 2nd the same year.

Garfield can also have Acausaility (Type 1) via being able to escape the time loop he wished to a genie.

If only I remembered the name of the episode...

I will unlock it for you. Tell me here when you are done.

I've added the "kicking Odie into next week" changes to Garfield's profile, but skipped Bobsican's proposal for Time stop and acausality, as they were done by one-off gadgets and not Garfield himself.

You can lock the page now.

I suppose, since this thread is still open, would this be a good thread for discussing other Garfield-related matters? If not, would there be openness towards a Garfield discussion thread?

Garfield does have some missing abilities. Like getting his face blown off and being fine afterwards, and reading people's minds

I would prefer if there was a separate discussion thread for Garfield created, as any other discussion regarding his abilities is just derailing

So should we close this thread?

Also, should the profile remain unlocked? It does not seem all that controversial.

Close this thread, I think all the topics concerning it have be resolved.

Garfield should remain unlocked I think, since people barely know him to be on the wiki as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back