• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garfield comic additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
that isn't evidence, it's conjecture based on one-off toon force gag feats which jim davis probably hasn't thought about since he wrote them
That's a death of the author type claim to say that Jim davis doesn't take this seriously so we shouldn't take this seriously since it's not a serious series. Also, they can't be called outliers or one off feats if they're being used in referenced as a line of feats across the comics to come to a conclusion that he has this type of power in the first place.

because you're taking a strange, vague event and just assuming that garfield warped reality because he's ****** with dreams before

because you're taking a strange, vague event and just assuming that garfield warped reality because he's ****** with dreams before
It being a vague dream/hallucination was your subjective opinion to view it that way, so it's not illogical for us to make a assumption of it being reailty warping based of prior feats Garfield has as a whole.

I'm of the opinion it was a hallucination. The intent of the author is clear, & while Garfield does have prior Reality Warping feats, those weren't referenced at all in the Halloween storyline & it's clear from the narrative & visuals that the storyline is about his imagination running wild & him being in denial of the truth of reality.

Garfield warps reality in comedic circumstances, that much is true.
Garfield being portrayed as a reality warper in a dark & serious, multi-strip storyline is totally nonstandard for the tone of the strip, as is referencing past supernatural or weird stuff.
It's one thing to ignore the author forgetting continuity or feats.
It's another thing to misinterpret the kind of story being told & ignore what kind of stories this author tells.
It's much more in line with Jim Davis to portray Garfield as exaggerating, pitiable & endearing, much like an actual pet housecat.

Also, Garfield exaggerates his hunger & feelings all the time. I could believe it's the case here.

So I oppose treating the Halloween storyline as reality warping.

It being a vague dream/hallucination was your subjective opinion to view it that way, so it's not illogical for us to make a assumption of it being reailty warping based of prior feats Garfield has as a whole.
fun fact: assumptions are not viable as feats

Ok, outside of the Halloween strip who else agrees with everything else mentioned here
i agree with everything aside from this:
nothing suggests he got blown up. actually, he talks from out of the frame in one of them, suggesting he was instead blown away

garfield’s law should be separate from his normal speed rating. it only works when food is present, and in another comic he caps out at mach 2 when food is not nearby.
everything else is fine

Other than any of my previously expressed disagreements (For example, the recently discussed Halloween storyline.), I think I find the contents of this thread generally agreeable, as best I can remember.
Or at least, not disagreeable.

I'll just review everything here, everything else but the Regeneration from exploding, Halloween strip, and eating a chunk of the moon were accepted right? Just trying to keep up with everything.

51OcY5UmpeL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

It do be like that sometimes

I am VERY barely keeping up with all of my combined responsibilities in this community and IRL, and need the time to sleep, eat, and exercise just like everybody else, so only ask me for help if it is genuinely about extremely important issues for this community as a whole, concerns very well-considered tier 1-A to 0 revisions, or Marvel Comics, DC Comics, Medaka Box, Phineas and Ferb, My Little Pony, The Wheel of Time, or Tenchi Muyo. Otherwise, please ask a few of our thread moderators or administrators for help instead, preferably ones that are listed as interested via our wiki's verse pages and knowledgeable members list.
oh

NOOOOOO but honestly they will probably get added into the profile

you know I have seen that calendar feat thrown around as proof for outerversal garfield for destroying the concept of Mondays lol

you know I have seen that calendar feat thrown around as proof for outerversal garfield for destroying the concept of Mondays lol
how is that outerversal lol

at best you can maybe argue uni+ for destroying ten days worth of spacetime (we see him ripping both mondays and sundays off the calendar (garfield disrespecting the day of the lord?!?!????) and judging by the direction of his hand he would have destroyed ten days in total) but i don’t even think that’s really a quantifiable feat. uni+ is seemingly reserved for destroying entire spacetime continuums anyways, so i’m pretty sure it’s a uni feat

he didn’t even destroy the concept of mondays, he just destroyed the next five mondays, as shown by the presence of mondays in later comics

NOOOOOO but honestly they will probably get added into the profile

Nah, you pulled that one out of joke wiki not even character stats and profiles goes that wild with Garfield. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back