• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garfield comic additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multiple weather Manipulation feats
Here, Here, Here
Fear Manipulation via his claws which works on living creatures as well as inanimate objects
Here, Here, Here, Here
Mind hax additions
Here
Regeneration from being turned into bones
Here
Age Manipulation via calendar
Here
Some how survives being blown up
Garfield's law speed calc
Possibly reality warping via calenders

Last edited:
About the Regeneration thing... That would fall more along the lines of Resurrection since the comic clearly showed Garfield getting old and dying while waiting on the pizza.

The rest I can agree with for sure.

The picture of the regeneration part didn't open for me, so I can't say anything about that.

But I agree for the rest.

Multiple weather Manipulation feats
Here, Here, Here
2nd one might qualify as Dream Manipulation, since, although altering the contents of one's own dream isn't anything supernatural, the snow did come from his dream.
I wonder if it qualifies as Creation.
Fear Manipulation via his claws which works on living creatures as well as inanimate objects
Here, Here, Here, Here
First one might be Odie being timid, "more bark than bite", but Garfield scaring Inanimate Objects puts slight doubt on that skepticism.
The third may (also) qualify as Light or Weather Manipulation. Unsure.
Mind hax additions
Here
Garfield loves to sleep, so it's dubious that he actually successfully hypnotized himself rather than just made a showy joke of pretending to hypnotize himself to have an excuse to fall asleep suddenly.
We see that Garfield at least mentally weakened Jon, so that's good.
The 3rd scan has Garfield claiming Odie clucking like a chicken is because Odie is just stupid. It may be worth considering the possibility that Odie really WAS dumb enough to start acting like a chicken because being told he was convinced him; Odie is often comedically, exceptionally dumb. Though there is the possibility that Garfield was just lying to Jon to either avoid getting in trouble for hypnotizing Odie, or lying because he doesn't respect Jon & for comedy.

So I'd say:
1. Dubious, feels more like Garfield just making an "I fall asleep easily" joke. Leaning more disagreeing.
2. Valid, but we only see that Garfield mentally weakened Jon, presumably to the idea of ordering pizza again.
3. Dubious, could just be Odie being comedically stupid, assuming Garfield isn't lying to Jon about Odie being dumb rather than hypnotized.

He at least has Limited Mind Manipulation, but his Hypnotic capabilities seem more debatable, IMHO.
Some how survives being blown up
Dubious that he survived, but the thought bubble at least implies survival in the second.
Frustratingly, negative continuity often means changes to status quo from 1 strip don't carry over to the next, meaning Garfield being alive after the 1st of those scans where he exploded seems like a product of negative continuity.

Sorry for any bother; I assure you, your great efforts are much appreciated, by me at least! Looking forward to how this goes!

Should we add Conceptual Manipulation for Garfield as just by tearing off the page of Monday all of reality is erased as a result.

I'm no expert on Conceptual Manipulation, but if removing Mondays straight-up caused reality to go dark, then there's gotta be bigger fish to fry than plain reality warping.

The Garfield buffs are going in pretty heavy
9h5z9288xfd81.jpg

2011-01-12.gif

Not sure if Garfield's weight sank the Continent or he just thought up all this water.
Has he shown to be able to lift him self ( like doing a hand stand )? Because if he can sink a whole continent with his weight and lift that weight he should get a LS upgrade as well.

2011-01-12.gif

Not sure if Garfield's weight sank the Continent or he just thought up all this water.
The link in your post is broken for me.
The image works, but to view it, I have to visit the link myself.
IDK if it has anything to do with it being an archive link or such.

For some reason, it shows up just fine in the current version of my post & previewing it, but that may be because I've visited the link now.
2011-01-12.gif
Does that work? Kinda large resolution.

On the topic of the feat, I'd say that the joke is Garfield is so heavy he has caused the continent -& thus, the ground on which they stand- they're on to sink below sea level; Hence Jon telling Garfield to go on a diet.

Last edited:

I found possible resistance to extreme heat

garfield getting melted by a sunny day is more of an anti-feat than anything

i agree with all other ability additions.

i’m not sure what i think about him sinking a continent or eating the moon. either those are outliers or he should get a variable tier.

I concur with BigSmoke4269 on the continent sinking and the moon-eating thing. That's a pretty freaking huge jump from Wall level.

i’m not sure what i think about him sinking a continent or eating the moon. either those are outliers or he should get a variable tier.
In my opinion, the sinking the continent thing arguably isn't even his feat.

The joke is that it's an effect of his weight, so the only way this scales to him is if we're like, considering him lifting his own weight as a feat, as well as to be that much in circumstances where he can move, like, for example, in other comics or that one, where he lifted his arms/forelegs.
Given negative continuity & my terrible memory having confidence that Garfield has managed to stand on at least ONE scale without breaking it before, among probably other stuff, I think it's safe to assume he doesn't weigh that much in most other circumstances.

& also we don't know why it sunk.
Did he destroy a layer of dirt or topsoil or such? Did his weight break a concentrated area of the continent's geological foundation? There may be other possibilities I haven't considered
So it'd be a little ambiguous in how it'd be calced, & it might be a case of Environmental Destruction AP that can't be scaled to his other stats anyway.

MAYBE we can give him like, a "Possibly X LS" for being able to lift his arms in the same strip where he was heavy enough to sink a continent?

In my opinion, the sinking the continent thing arguably isn't even his feat.

The joke is that it's an effect of his weight, so the only way this scales to him is if we're like, considering him lifting his own weight as a feat, as well as to be that much in circumstances where he can move, like, for example, in other comics or that one, where he lifted his arms/forelegs.
Given negative continuity & my terrible memory having confidence that Garfield has managed to stand on at least ONE scale without breaking it before, among probably other stuff, I think it's safe to assume he doesn't weigh that much in most other circumstances.
In MOST. Honestly it's similar to making a tier for Garfield when he is unfed, well-fed and fully fed just like Galactus.
& also we don't know why it sunk.
Did he destroy a layer of dirt or topsoil or such? Did his weight break a concentrated area of the continent's geological foundation? There may be other possibilities I haven't considered
So it'd be a little ambiguous in how it'd be calced, & it might be a case of Environmental Destruction AP that can't be scaled to his other stats anyway.
Wouldn't call it environmental destruction if he just needs to step on izuku to shatter his bones, pulverize flesh and etc.
MAYBE we can give him like, a "Possibly X LS" for being able to lift his arms in the same strip where he was heavy enough to sink a continent?
Yep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back