• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What a Beautiful Series: Cracking Page Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
I made a sandbox, which details a new verse specific ability that I want to add to the relevant WAB profiles; Cracking.

I have touched on parts of this ability over multiple CRT's, so much of this is already accepted.

New stuff that has not been accepted, and need to be evaluated:

• Matter Manipulation
  • Spatial Manipulation
  • Probability Manipulation
  • Void Manipulation

This ability serves as the basis for so many different things. Next CRT I suppose will touch on "Cracking Being Physiology", in other words beings made of Cracking, such as Critters, Messengers etc.

As for who will get this ability, quite a few people from the verse, too many to list, lots people have this ability, and or resist it.

The page will be updated as we go along, if anything new comes up, another CRT will add it.

Last edited:
I agree for this. Though I do want to add we should add how some cracking users use different things (gii with healing and kerkan with fire) so while cracking has these things, not all can use it

A bit funny how the more basic healing and fire are specialized, but the broken hax is smth almost all can just use lmfao.

I guess we could add another section explaining that not all Cracking works on the same scale, or achieves the same effects.

But I get what you are saying, all the abilities I listed aren't being used as those abilities by themselves, ie Gii isn't just warping reality to turn someone else into paper or something, but more like he is warping reality to perform healing.

It's just the mechanism behind their abilities basically.

Gii uses Cracking to heal, Critter's use it to control minds, scatter death, Messengers use it to destroy things at a conceptual/metaphysical level etc.

Even if we don't do that, maybe a note on the Cracking page could also be made that explains that the effects of Cracking varies from user to user also.

The Gii example being made. While he clearly does use Cracking, it isn't used offensively but rather for healing and all the medical stuff.

Likewise, the things used offensively like Kerkan's Cracking is just that. Very much also the same for Critters and Kikai being able to affect space and affect the mind, Messengers being able to affect things on a conceptual/metaphysical level, Golden King and his Crimson Eyes used to glare things to atoms, and so on.

This is of course a thing stated in various setting glossaries like Inganock's Astaire Theory to Gahkthun's Arts that what Cracking manifests will vary from user to user meaning while the mechanics of what Cracking is used by varies, the functions behind it are the same.

Coolio. That can suffice unless someone else wants to suggest a better one.

Now have to get the other abilities evaluated plus the main Cracking page itself so we can get onto another if any at this point.

Just another thing to add but I think we can add regen cuz cracking beings and people who use cracking like Gii do have regen but ofc it varies. Gii's being the lowest we see to the highest being crackings beings like Lily and Porshion coming back from whatever Thoth's smelly breath was

That's way too varied to list, and imo is better served being listed on the actual profiles. Not to mention the fact not every Cracking being has demonstrated that ability.

Hmmm fair enough though you can probs add that to the Kikai section or smth (As at least the final stage, they do have regen)

Porshion has shown regen, Thoth hasn't, unless I am forgetting something.

Time manipulation is a better argument since both have shown that, anyway irrelevant to this thread, this is strictly about Cracking, and not Cracking Biengs, that will be next.

Thoth/Evolved Xerxes never showed regen. Neither the other Kikai who Porshion fought before them for that matter.

Although idk if that's just due to Porshion being the OPM of Kikai, or Porshion is just that unique to have regen but the others don't?

Right I forgot about Thoth not having and just assumed they scale. Tbf Porshion is kinda unique as he is the only one that died in two different ways amazingly enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back