• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slay The Princess Page Creation Discussion

Actually I just watched the scene where the PC kills the Tower, she punches him hard enough to break the floor of the basement, so no "likely" is necessary

I've added the Tier 2 and 1 stuff.

Looking at the profile we may want to change the layout

In addition I would suggest that we change the order of the keys so they go up rather than down.

Currently its this
Base | Adversary | Fury | Beast | Specter | Nightmare | Tower | Apotheosis | Thorn | Razor | Wraith | Witch | Wild | The Multitude | Ever Changing Mound
I would recommend the following
Base | Specter | Wraith | Nightmare | Thorn | Adversary | Beast | Razor | Witch | Tower | Fury | Apotheosis | Wild | The Multitude | Ever Changing Mound
That way we're generally moving "Up" in physical power.
EDIT: I have added those things to the blog page.
I have accidently removed them with the above edit. I have added them back my apologies.

If I missed anything please correct it.

I want to bring up a topic we haven't discussed yet: stamina.

I know the Echo says something along the lines of "we can only hope that the wounds you inflicted will be enough to kill her" in the Chapter 1 endings where you fight the Princess and lose, but I'm not sure the Princess actually gets fatigued in any of the fights? Do you think we can give her Infinite stamina in all forms?

The Princess's Stamina is dependent on how the other views her.

I know for the Adversary they literally fight through death wounds because the stubborn refuses to let either die.

So imo I think infinite is fine for all forms, especially because we know the base Princess can wait so long that stones rot without issue, the Multitude can wait and exist for eons without issue and the Shifting Mound when fighting the Long Quiet says that even it takes eternity she'll wear the Long Quiet down since time is meaningless to them.

Yeah, I don't recall any occasion where the PC is convinced that the Princess is getting tired. She always seems like she's ready for more, except for the occasions where she's been stabbed in the heart and is "dying".
What in the freak is this?
Why are you on this thread if you don't know what Slay the Princess is?

Yeah, I don't recall any occasion where the PC is convinced that the Princess is getting tired.
They afaik. But I agreed that they all should have infinite, since they're based on how someone views her. She'd only not be infinite if you always assumed she could get tired. Since if you think that she can't get tired she'll never get tired.

Base | Specter | Wraith | Nightmare | Thorn | Adversary | Beast | Razor | Witch | Tower | Fury | Apotheosis | Wild | The Multitude | Ever Changing Mound
I'm not sure about Wraith being below Nightmare physically, seeing as they can just crush your ankle by grabbing it
Also what about the Giant Beast?

I'm not sure about Wraith being below Nightmare physically, seeing as they can just crush your ankle by grabbing it
We can flip them I guess

Also what about the Giant Beast?
After the Beast due to greater size. Though for Nightmare, Adversary and the Beast we may just want to include their Tier 3 forms since they're just bigger versions of their Tier 2 forms.

The Wild should have a 'higher' rating. If they push their limits even the Narrator can't stop them, and they manage to make the smallest hole in the Construct.

Are you trying to organize the keys from weak to strong?
Yeah
Current
Base | Adversary | Fury | Beast | Specter | Nightmare | Tower | Apotheosis | Thorn | Razor | Wraith | Witch | Wild | The Multitude | Ever Changing Mound
Suggestion
Base | Specter | Wraith | Nightmare | Witch | Thorn | Adversary | Beast | Razor | Tower | Fury | Apotheosis | Wild | The Multitude | Ever Changing Mound
I also asked if we should replace "Weaker" Tier 2 Princesses with their Tier 3 version if they don't have more to them: Like Adversary -> The Eye of the Needle / The Nightmare -> The Moment of Clarity / The Beast -> The Den / Witch -> Thorn

Why is Specter 9-C?
She has no physical form, and her main attack feat was removing the MC's heart via phasing
I think Unknown works better for her

That's what the page had her at (I think). But yeah she can be Unknown. Nightmare and the Moment of Clarity might also need to be Unknown as well.
Meh they still have a physical body unlike Specter, so I don't think there's a reason to assume they became weaker
Also for the weaknesses section, why did you remove key divides?

Also I wonder if the Wild can have fusionism/Absorption, iirc she tries to assimilate you no?

Also for the weaknesses section, why did you remove key divides?
I figured they'd all have the same weaknesses and strength other than the last forms. So I'm wasn't sure if we should keep like 15 tabs that say the same thing.
Also I wonder if the Wild can have fusionism/Absorption, iirc she tries to assimilate you no?
I think it would fusionism, since you're still independent and can break out of it if you want to.

Yeah

I also asked if we should replace "Weaker" Tier 2 Princesses with their Tier 3 version if they don't have more to them: Like Adversary -> The Eye of the Needle / The Nightmare -> The Moment of Clarity / The Beast -> The Den / Witch -> Thorn
The only issue with this is the Beast/Den substitution, as the Den has significantly lower intelligence than the Beast and shows no real concrete increase in strength or speed over the Beast form.

The only issue with this is the Beast/Den substitution, as the Den has significantly lower intelligence than the Beast and shows no real concrete increase in strength or speed over the Beast form.
That is a good point. The reduced intelligence along with the size change could probably warrant another key.

In addition would this feat be enough to raise Adversary to 9-B? She shatters a stone door in a couple punches.

That is a good point. The reduced intelligence along with the size change could probably warrant another key.
We might not even need another key, just note in the Intelligence section "Average as the Beast, Animalistic as the Den". She's very likely in the same class of Large Size too so we don't need another key for the Den, we just need to note the variation between them.
In addition would this feat be enough to raise Adversary to 9-B? She shatters a stone door in a couple punches.
Yeah, it's gotta be 9-B. I can calc that at a later date.

Last edited:
We also probably need a cosmology blog or some explanation for the Tier 2 and 1 rating.

Also what do we do with the Damsel/Prisoner Grey. Give her a key or just through it in with Spectre?

smashing the doors in three hits is somewhere between 165,194 to 330,388 joules, ten to twenty times above baseline 9-B.
Nice.

I also gave the Witch plant manipulation and Nightmare fear manipulation.

The Greys have Fire and Water manipulation but they may need to be their own key I guess.

Going off the common feats references page, smashing the doors in three hits is somewhere between 165,194 to 330,388 joules, ten to twenty times above baseline 9-B.

Edit: miscounted number of digits
Edit 2: I was right the first time, 9-B starts at 15,000, not 150,000. I am too tired to be doing calcs rn lmao.
The page doesn't specifically mention stone doors but you just gotta replace the fragmentation value with that of stone and it's good to go.

The page doesn't specifically mention stone doors but you just gotta replace the fragmentation value with that of stone and it's good to go.
I did in fact do that. I merely nabbed the volume of the doors off of the references page.

Back