• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skullgirls DLC characters CRT: Part 1 (Annie)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was about time to do this one, especially since 3rd DLC character is known and will get for that one more stuff in the future, but for now we will focus on the 1st character

Hax

So on this i propose the following:

-Heat Generation (she can hurtle forward at so fast that she generates intense heat)

-Transmutation and Homing Attack (she can transmute her sword into a disc of pure energy, which can home in on at the opponent)

-Gravity Manipulation and Damage Boost (Annie can harness energy of the cosmos [and fame] to enhance her dmg, as well as causing a gravitational collapse that sends out a burst of energy)

-Radiation Manipulation (via Sagan, Annie can summon forth a beam of cosmic rays to blast opponents)

AP and Speed

On this one her AP reasoning needs to be changed after we have been shown how powerful Annie is compared to the cast in her own story mode

This should be the reasoning: At least Small Town level (fought and likely killed Double in Beowulf storyline, defeated Robo-Fortune, Ms. Fortune, Peacock, Beowulf, Painwheel, Marie and then fought Double 3 times in a row, first two fights with her being against 2, respectively 3 of hers), likely higher (she helped fighting against the previous skullgirls, Selene and Queen Nancy, also assisted in slowing down an army of giant robots from Robo-Fortune powered by the Skull Heart)

As for speed, she needs to get Relativistic attack speed via Sagan being able to summon forth a beam of cosmic ray, which was given in the radiation manipulation ability earlier, cosmic rays move at near light speed and thats only for attack speed with Sagan as pointed already, so it doesnt scale to her physicals at all

Thats all for now about Skullgirls at the moment

mwyM1BHsyBs.jpg

Anyway, yeah I agree with CRT.

Few things which could noted in addition. We can probably also demonstrate abilities, by at least, well, giving link to one of the videos which contains a demonstration of her moveset (instance), visual demonstration can be helpful in other words.

As well as it could be noted that she likely defeated dozens of skullgirls before Queen Nancy and Selene, (we could theoretically say how many if we knew the year events of Skullgirls accured and the year at which Annie was wished to be not aging).
We know that Annie already lives for centuries, and only in a single century (considering Skullheart appears once for a seven years), Annie should've beaten about 14 Skullgilrs. It is arguable that there are probably other characters that have killed skullgirls in one century or another, but still Annie is at least should've assisted against those unknown to us Skullgirls.

That can be taken with a grain of salt of course, since we don't have so much context about Annie's previous battles, as well as there's factor that Skullheart could be just lying somewhere for a longer time, but still, potentially it could be noted as intelligence and AP justification somewhere.

Last edited:
mwyM1BHsyBs.jpg

Anyway, yeah I agree with CRT.

Few things which could noted in addition. We can probably also demonstrate abilities, by at least, well, giving link to one of the videos which contains a demonstration of her moveset (instance), visual demonstration can be helpful in other words.
Thats more on the move set aspect of the character which takes time imo
As well as it could be noted that she likely defeated dozens of skullgirls before Queen Nancy and Selene, (we could theoretically say how many if we knew the year events of Skullgirls accured and the year at which Annie was wished to be not aging).
We know that Annie already lives for centuries, and only in a single century (considering Skullheart appears once for a seven years), Annie should've beaten about 14 Skullgilrs. It is arguable that there are probably other characters that have killed skullgirls in one century or another, but still Annie is at least should've assisted against those unknown to us Skullgirls.
Not sure if she fought others before those 2 way back also it needs more info on this encounters if they happened which we dont have about
That can be taken with a grain of salt of course, since we don't have so much context about Annie's previous battles, as well as there's factor that Skullheart could be just lying somewhere for a longer time, but still, potentially it could be noted as intelligence and AP justification somewhere.
Can be noted in intelligence of her skill and the like instead, if it is elaborated

Can be noted in intelligence of her skill and the like instead, if it is elaborated
We can probably see here mentioned that most of her in-show stories are actually based on feats Annie performed in actuality and not just folklore/show-script (the problem is that we rarely see show to talk about those feats).
As well as she started her career as Radio star, so it is kind of implied she fought multiple enemies (and possibly skullgirls, considering she also uses her radio/show for people to exactly be ready for a Skullgirl and not to fall into tricks of Skullheart) before well, events of her story mode.

Maaaaaaybe she even killed her own mother, who became a skullgirl for obvious reasons, but that's already more like a hypothesis here.

Last edited:
Hax is good, but Transmutation should be Limited, and Radiation Manip should just be Energy projection, as we don't know if those comic rays behave as real ones, let alone what type of rays, and the description only mentions them being used an energy attack.
The same goes for her speed, do we know the beam of cosmic rays works just like actual cosmic rays, instead of a generic beam of energy like the description says?

Her AP looks good, and her transformed form can just be merged into a single key.

The additions to her intelligence section should be fine, as long as you keep noted that they are hypothesis with some possible truth behind.

Hax is good, but Transmutation should be Limited
Fair
And Radiation Manip should just be Energy projection, as we don't know if those comic rays behave as real ones, let alone what type of rays, and the description only mentions them being used an energy attack.
It says it summons forth of a beam of cosmic rays to blast the opponent, Annie move set in general is basically something to do with the cosmos or akin to it
The same goes for her speed, do we know the beam of cosmic rays works just like actual cosmic rays, instead of a generic beam of energy like the description says?
I mean Sagan summons a beam of these, i doubt they cant be real actual cosmic rays, the fact it says cosmis rays in the description should be clear enough, we had other characters from the verse gain attack speed via their attacks from a description of statements on them being what they are accepted as well by staff
Her AP looks good, and her transformed form can just be merged into a single key.
A higher via transformed form its good?
The additions to her intelligence section should be fine, as long as you keep noted that they are hypothesis with some possible truth behind.
Ok on this

It says it summons forth of a beam of cosmic rays to blast the opponent, Annie move set in general is basically something to do with the cosmos or akin to it

I mean Sagan summons a beam of these, i doubt they cant be real actual cosmic rays, the fact it says cosmis rays in the description should be clear enough, we had other characters from the verse gain attack speed via their attacks from a description of statements on them being what they are accepted as well by staff
I mean, would real cosmic rays even take the form an enermy beam if summoned on Earth?
Other attacks are a different story, we evaluate each thing on its own.

A higher via transformed form its good?
Yes.

Also would you mind tagging more persons to comment here please
Do you know anyone specific?

Also yeah, I am fine with it, considering the stuff I said is mostly just assumable with consideration of non-direct statements and not visuals or well, direct statement(s).

I mean, would real cosmic rays even take the form an enermy beam if summoned on Earth?
They are described in real life this: "cosmic rays are a form of high-energy radiation that originate from outside our solar system"

The summon part with them being called cosmic rays is straight forward they are the real deal

Otherwise any beam like attack a character has is counted as just energy projection, unless pointed out to be different from a source
Neat
Do you know anyone specific?
Staff basically, from supporters dont think many are active as much

They are described in real life this: "cosmic rays are a form of high-energy radiation that originate from outside our solar system"
The summon part with them being called cosmic rays is straight forward they are the real deal
Otherwise any beam like attack a character has is counted as just energy projection, unless pointed out to be different from a source
To assume Annie's rays move at light speed, we must make sure they are 100% identical to real cosmic rays.
Would they behave like her energy beam, if they were to be summoned like that in real life?
The last bit is actually what we do, energy beams are just energy, and then they might have additional properties depending on each one.

Staff basically, from supporters dont think many are active as much
We can probably go with these who are mentioned as supporters of the verse (not counting me, @BlackDarkness679 and weekly)
@Problemexe @Ailamiona @CrackerVolley @DarkDragonMedeus (and I don't know what other staff members I could call, I'll see who I can get)

The main issue is whether or not the following thing can be considered a radiation-based light-speed attack.
Here's a collection of what has been said so far.

-Radiation Manipulation (via Sagan, Annie can summon forth a beam of cosmic rays to blast opponents)
As for speed, she needs to get Relativistic attack speed via Sagan being able to summon forth a beam of cosmic ray, which was given in the radiation manipulation ability earlier, cosmic rays move at near light speed and thats only for attack speed with Sagan as pointed already, so it doesnt scale to her physicals at all
Radiation Manip should just be Energy projection, as we don't know if those comic rays behave as real ones, let alone what type of rays, and the description only mentions them being used an energy attack.
To assume Annie's rays move at light speed, we must make sure they are 100% identical to real cosmic rays.
Would they behave like her energy beam, if they were to be summoned like that in real life?
The last bit is actually what we do, energy beams are just energy, and then they might have additional properties depending on each one.

I didnt suggest light speed for them nor anything to do with light, i suggested relativistic cuz cosmic rays are moving that fast which says in the link given for them too

Right, my bad, but the point is the same.
To assume her beam moves as fast as real cosmic rays, it must be proven it is totally identical to them.

Yeah, I don't think we can considered that real light but outside the solar system seems like an interesting note. But what calculation makes it Relativistic?

I’m against considering the rays to be SoL as unless there’s more concrete stuff as Saman said we can’t assume it’s identical

Right, my bad, but the point is the same.
To assume her beam moves as fast as real cosmic rays, it must be proven it is totally identical to them.
It says it summon cosmic rays to blast the opponent, that cant be more direct then this

Why do we need to prove if like a cosmic ray, i seen for a different character his attack to be stated to be a particle beam and it wasnt asked for anything more, why do we do for Annie here, it is a similar case

Because it's the same thing we do with lightnings and light, just be called in a that way doesn't mean they are the same as real ones, and cosmic rays are just more exotic.
And if they don't behave realistically, then we shouldn't assume they have all the real properties of cosmic rays.

Lightning and light need further checking cuz they are more common and anyone can point out any shiny beam or electric strike as being irl light or lightning

Dont see whats the issue with anything else not falling under that, i seen a few around here that were suggested and accepted without need of anything else

Edit: for the example above with particle beam, now we need to prove it is like one to be fine? Even tho such a case its already accepted just by being stated to be one

Neutral for now

Also, why aren't abilities from SGM used for the pages, but feats are? Another key for the extra abilities for each SGM variant would grant lots of hax

Neutral for now

Also, why aren't abilities from SGM used for the pages, but feats are? Another key for the extra abilities for each SGM variant would grant lots of hax
If you wish, you can provide proof for those in a separate content revision thread, get them accepted and problem solved

Well, so far I guess the only disagreement is with Sol Annie beams though the purpose was to make it Rela for near light speed statement.
And disagreement with radiation manipulation.

I guess that's it for disagreement.

I dont get why it needs further elaboration, there was a case for character getting rela speed in attack only for being stated its just a particle beam and no further explaination was required

Tbh yeah, we already have like 2 characters(Peacock and Robo-Fortune), who has SoL weaponry, Annie shouldn't bring something new for the verse by that.

I have to work, so I unfortunately have to leave after posting this. I just want to ask, since the profiles seem to include skullgirls mobile (I think a speed feat comes from it) won’t the powers from that game like stun, curse, and others be usable or should the the speed feat from mobile just be removed and the game be treated as non canon. Just want to mention, since I can’t think of a better time to bring it up, I also hate how canon is used on this site because what should be considered canon varies so drastically from person to person and staff to staff.

I have to work, so I unfortunately have to leave after posting this. I just want to ask, since the profiles seem to include skullgirls mobile (I think a speed feat comes from it) won’t the powers from that game like stun, curse, and others be usable or should the the speed feat from mobile just be removed and the game be treated as non canon. I also hate how canon is used on this site because what should be considered canon varies so drastically from person to person and staff to staff.
Mobile should be fair to use on Skullgirls case.

At least I don't see reasons not to use.

The point about cosmic rays isn't really about consistency with other characters.

If we want to put Annie's beam at relativistic because real cosmic rays are such, we must make sure such beam is made of realistic cosmic rays in every aspect, otherwise we fall into a contradiction.

To have her beam at relativistic speed because her rays are realistic, then we must figure out whether or not real cosmic rays could theoretically be focused in such a thing (with magic, tech, whatever), a colored energy beam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back