• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skullgirls DLC characters CRT: Part 1 (Annie)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just said what needs to be evaluated....

The attack speed at relativistic speed/radiation manipulation via cosmic rays she shoots at the opponent, its presented in the OP as well

@DontTalkDT Do you happen to know anything about how cosmic rays work and if this attack can be considered realistic in terms of how it works?

The main posts of this debate can be found here (the first message is a collection of relevant messages)
For a summary of the debate, check the posts tagged in the post above, and DDT's post here below. (and maybe the ones that came after, but not necessarily)

I mean, I'm no expert or anything.
Let me say that the colours in the second quote refer to those used in the graphic that the source uses, I think. Cosmic rays are particle beams. They shouldn't really be visible, unless they interact with something in some way to make it emit light. But even then I'm not sure if they would have a fixed color. Actually, pretty sure they are invisible. (btw. near the speed of light can easily mean as low as 43%)

Generally, there is the question of whether we want to accept a cosmic rays speed as fixed, seeing as we are talking about a particle beam that can vary in speed. In theory, the more power the beam has the faster it would beam (well, the more power per particle.)
I can see arguments for and against that.

Cosmic Rays do indeed typically travel very close to the speed of light, in the vacuum of space at least, but I haven't seen any evidence here that would suggest that these attacks are real cosmic rays. From what I can tell, the cast of Skullgirls is Supersonic+ too otherwise so there's definitely a need for a burden of proof.

So far, I disagree with Annie's attack speed being Relativistic

Cosmic Rays do indeed typically travel very close to the speed of light, in the vacuum of space at least, but I haven't seen any evidence here that would suggest that these attacks are real cosmic rays. From what I can tell, the cast of Skullgirls is Supersonic+ too otherwise so there's definitely a need for a burden of proof.

So far, I disagree with Annie's attack speed being Relativistic
Hope you realize that there are already other characters with attack speed in that range, so i dont know what does regular speed have to do with this as that one doesnt get changed or anything

Let alone this crap of "real cosmic rays", mighy as well downgrade any series that gotta prove a specific thing with a specific speed is like the real deal by this logic

Also all points out as they actual ones from space, so dont see what to you doesnt click here

Honestly don't know what you're trying to say tbh. It should go without saying that you need proof to back up a speed rating far above a character's standard speed.

And to point out again, the cast being supersonic+ in general has no importance to attack speed of one of them, neither depend on each other for rating

Also there are characters already with attack speed at similar ratings as the one suggested for Annie, from their respective things

Reread and understand then, cuz i made it clear what im saying
You did not. Please try to be more cooperative.

And to point out again, the cast being supersonic+ in general has no importance to attack speed of one of them, neither depend on each other for rating
This is also wrong. As a general standard, if a suggested speed is far above the normal speed of the characters/verse, then there is a greater burden of proof for said speed to be legit.

You did not. Please try to be more cooperative.
Stop it with this, its clear as the day what i said, dont act like i written the old chinese there
This is also wrong. As a general standard, if a suggested speed is far above the normal speed of the characters/verse, then there is a greater burden of proof for said speed to be legit.
There is no such standard existing at all....attack speed and normal speed of the cast have no importance to each other, get real

You need to stop being abrasive and to cooperate with Gyro. He is trying to be helpful and reasonable here.

I already explained the matter, its impossible to not understand

Also he isnt helping with anything when he just repeats the same thing and makes up rules, there are no standards attack speed is influenced by the general cast speed, especially since there are others who have similar ratings on this too or neither standards for things outside of light or lightning

That isnt reasonable in the slightest, im fed up how some verses get special treatment over similar cases but others need standards to receive a rating at anything

And yet again for something so simple that just drags this thread for no reason

He isn't knowledgeable about this verse, but is trying to do his job by helping out here anyway. You need to try be more patient and collaborative.

Lack of knowledge doesnt excuse making up rules and telling to someone who knows it better how to do handle a rating on a specific thing not affected from others generally

How much patience i gotta have for this? Its been 1 month since this thread was made for just one character, for one change left

If something is truly iffy, i expect a better reason against it then, not from standards on a matter which doesnt exist on this site in reality and similar cases from some verses just get it accepted

Im taking a break out of it, im way too stressed on something i have to repeat myself over and over and over and over and over and just being ignored

Stop it with this, its clear as the day what i said, dont act like i written the old chinese there
I didn't mean any offence, it's just that what you said made no sense to me. I can't respond to something if it doesn't make sense.

There is no such standard existing at all....attack speed and normal speed of the cast have no importance to each other, get real
Yes, they do. This is a pretty general standard, there's more of a burden of proof if suggested statistics are immensely above the typical level shown, and I have yet to see a shred of evidence that these attacks act like real cosmic rays. Please don't imply that I'm making up rules or being unfair against a verse that I have literally no opinion on either way.

Gyro is correct. You always need to collaborate with our staff if you want them to help you out with accepting your revisions.

I understand that waiting for a long time can be frustrating, but Gyro is here to help you. You shouldn't get mad at him.

I didn't mean any offence, it's just that what you said made no sense to me. I can't respond to something if it doesn't make sense.
You already made an offense with this claim that i said non sense in here, you dont even bother to read or understand it
Yes, they do. This is a pretty general standard, there's more of a burden of proof if suggested statistics are immensely above the typical level shown, and I have yet to see a shred of evidence that these attacks act like real cosmic rays. Please don't imply that I'm making up rules or being unfair against a verse that I have literally no opinion on either way.
No it doesnt....you make up rules, dont try to say you dont, there are NO standards about proving a cosmic ray as the real thing, you still repeat this bullshit which doesnt exist to begin with, the quote on the move literally says: "Summon forth a beam of cosmic rays"

Do tell from where is she gonna get cosmic rays to attack with? Oh right, from where they originate from cuz she summons them

And the cast being in supersonic range physically has no effect on the attack move speed at all, there are already for this verse characters with attack speed accepted at a higher rating then them

Evidence exists from the start in the OP, you ignore it and use rules that arent existing for this, other verses have things like an attack being called a particle beam and accepted at similar speed with nothing else asked, yet you tell me you arent unfair?

Gyro is correct. You always need to collaborate with our staff if you want them to help you out with accepting your revisions.
He doesnt help me with anything here, so what collaboration you even want to be done?
I understand that waiting for a long time can be frustrating, but Gyro is here to help you. You shouldn't get mad at him.
I have all the reasons to be, having to wait on something thats clear cut to the point description, yet has to abide a rule that isnt real and Gyro gives no good reasons besides irrelevant stuff and you agree with him simply like that

Meanwhile other verses get similar cases accepted without problems, which is double standard

If other verses have supposedly wrongs stats, then they should be corrected via their own CRT, they don't make stats from other verses valid.
two wrongs don't make a right, after all.

If they were wrong then why were they accepted to begin with then

I still dont see why the cosmic rays need to be proven if they are real ones when standards for cases as dont exist to begin with and cant be judged by that at all

You already made an offense with this claim that i said non sense in here, you dont even bother to read or understand it
Made an offense? You misunderstand, I'm not saying that what you said is nonsense, I'm saying that it didn't make sense to me and that you should rephrase it.

Evidence exists from the start in the OP, you ignore it and use rules that arent existing for this, other verses have things like an attack being called a particle beam and accepted at similar speed with nothing else asked, yet you tell me you arent unfair?
I see no scans in the OP with evidence that Annie's "cosmic ray" attack behaves and acts like real cosmic rays. So no, I'm not being unfair.

And the cast being in supersonic range physically has no effect on the attack move speed at all, there are already for this verse characters with attack speed accepted at a higher rating then them
Again, what changes is the burden of proof. You haven't provided any evidence, which is especially bad when the verse typically sits around Supersonic otherwise.

Getting mad at me won't help your case here.

I thought i could recover in peace with my health without this again for a while.....
Made an offense? You misunderstand, I'm not saying that what you said is nonsense, I'm saying that it didn't make sense to me and that you should rephrase it.
I dont see how only you couldnt understand this, i dont need to do any rephrasing, its as clear as it can get
I see no scans in the OP with evidence that Annie's "cosmic ray" attack behaves and acts like real cosmic rays. So no, I'm not being unfair.
At the radiatian manip (if i remember right) its a scan of the cosmic ray, which says she summons one to attack the opponent with, for the Nth time, vs battle wiki has no standards about cosmic rays, like lightning or light do and there wasnt any rule or anything ever we need proof for proving it as the real deal

The summon part already points out she summon a cosmic ray, meaning she gets a real one from somewhere in the cosmos to attack with, nothing points at it being fake, let alone this idea to have it abide to non existent standards you dont actually have at all on this site is being unfair, meanwhile other verses have stuff like an attack being called a particle beam and pointed how fast those are and it gets accepted like that
Again, what changes is the burden of proof. You haven't provided any evidence, which is especially bad when the verse typically sits around Supersonic otherwise.
Characters being supersonic dont affect the attack speed, the latter doesnt give any of them any speed from it and vice versa, by your logic a character with a FTL gun gets affected by other characters being human speed only, stop bringing this up, its not an argument and its irrelevant to this
Getting mad at me won't help your case here.
I said last time i have a reason for it, you are unreasonable to discuss with, use headcanons and irrelevant points, so dont act like it aint justified

And lastly, have at least the decency till im back on my feet completely, i dont need stress from this currently to have this convo keep up as of now

BlackDarkness, GyroNutz is trying to be perfectly helpful and polite here. If you want this revision to go anywhere, you will need to make an effort to be calm, patient, and collaborative.

Also, I am sorry that you are of ill health at the moment.

Anyway, can somebody summarise what has been accepted here so far please?

If you remind us what still needs to be evaluated here, I can ask Gyro and Saman to do so afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back