• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Now if you're expecting me to contribute to the current feed of these monthly CRTs, this is not one of them. I will explain why.

So over a year ago, I made this

I wouldn't call it a traditional recalc per se, but results definitely shifted in comparison to the one on the verse page. I also got CGM approval in the comments.

Me doing this now is the only reason why nobody else has known about this. I'm assuming me making this is the next step in applying this to the main verse page.

Simple, isn't it?

Would this scale to physicals? Keep in mind I haven't seen IQ just throwing caution to the wind.

Would this scale to physicals? Keep in mind I haven't seen IQ just throwing caution to the wind.
I mean it is in a dream world so I don't see why not, however they'd need new keys that are for the dream world only ofc (it'd be funny seeing them go from Low 7-B to city block level on their keys) but it is what it is

Is there a statement on the difference between the real version and the dream version.
It’s not there real bodies in their but Ruby herself is noted as weaker due to Weiss seeing her as useless and weak. Basically in IQ, a character’s strength depends on how Weiss sees them. So Weiss sees Yang and Blake as capable, so they get buffs like a better weapon or more oomph to their punches. Since Weiss still sees Ruby as incompetent, Ruby gets a nerf. However, Ruby was still able to hold up to and fight Nega Blake, who could fight Nega Weiss to a stand still. Yang also fought Nega Blake on equal terms.

I mean it is in a dream world so I don't see why not, however they'd need new keys that are for the dream world only ofc (it'd be funny seeing them go from Low 7-B to city block level on their keys) but it is what it is
That’s… not how it works. Do you have proof that her creating the storm is something that scales to her physicals

I have a problem with Ice Queendom... and it's regarding the canon of it... although well... I guess it's okay

Yes, I know that, but the problem is that the events as they are... don't really fit with what is in the series currently, much less in volumes 1 and 2... even more so with some contradictions in their placement.

Also, I also see that the "adjacent" canon is somewhat ambiguous... anyway, it's just my point of view as is

I won’t talk too much on IQ. Canon adjacent could mean many interpretations, something that anither CRT would need.

My personal belief is that it’s like an alternate timeline so IQ feats apply to IQ but not to mainline.

I won’t talk too much on IQ. Canon adjacent could mean many interpretations, something that anither CRT would need.

My personal belief is that it’s like an alternate timeline so IQ feats apply to IQ but not to mainline.
They said it isn't a AU though

So that rules that out

Unfortunately the rt site is gone but I have saved the text

First, the world of RWBY: Ice Queendom is NOT an alternate universe or a reboot. While the story is set in the same universe as the main show, we’re calling it “canon adjacent”. The new show is incredibly faithful to the original, while also taking some fun new liberties to switch things up a bit. The first two episodes of RWBY: IQ will recap V1 - V2 before kicking things off into a bold new adventure, full of new characters, new settings, new surprises, and (of course) new Grimm. Not only that, but you’ll also see a ton of familiar faces, too. While changes made to the existing RWBY content are not technically considered canon, it's a story that absolutely could exist alongside other RWBY content -- we just wanted the Japan team to be able to have as much fun with it as they wanted. Now as to what the story of the show is all about….well you’ll just have to wait and see!

First, the world of RWBY: Ice Queendom is NOT an alternate universe or a reboot. While the story is set in the same universe as the main show, we’re calling it “canon adjacent”. The new show is incredibly faithful to the original, while also taking some fun new liberties to switch things up a bit. The first two episodes of RWBY: IQ will recap V1 - V2 before kicking things off into a bold new adventure, full of new characters, new settings, new surprises, and (of course) new Grimm. Not only that, but you’ll also see a ton of familiar faces, too. While changes made to the existing RWBY content are not technically considered canon, it's a story that absolutely could exist alongside other RWBY content -- we just wanted the Japan team to be able to have as much fun with it as they wanted. Now as to what the story of the show is all about….well you’ll just have to wait and see!
Well... a statement doesn't say much when... ahem... there are quite a few problems regarding continuity.

They said it isn't a AU though

So that rules that out

Unfortunately the rt site is gone but I have saved the text

This is going to sound nitpicky, but when they set in the same universe they mean it's the same remnant, not that it's in the same timeline or whatnot as the original show.

I'm not saying it's not canon but if it was full on canon or had parts that were canon they would have stated so, they instead use the word "canon adjacent" which easily means it can just be a seperate story.

This is going to sound nitpicky, but when they set in the same universe they mean it's the same remnant, not that it's in the same timeline or whatnot as the original show.

I'm not saying it's not canon but if it was full on canon or had parts that were canon they would have stated so, they instead use the word "canon adjacent" which easily means it can just be a seperate story.
Even then again any feats from ice queendom (non dream world) would scale over to the main story versions like how we treat marvels what if...?, where we scale the characters or objects to AU versions of themselves and what they can do

Back