• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Weekly

They're the strongest Demonic Sword and Holy Sword respectively and are stated to be equals in every regard.

Gram: Dawn of Rui is the "Sword of the Sun" wielded by Sigurd in the Völsunga saga of Norse Mythology. It was originally an enchanted sword wielded and pulled from the trunk of a mighty tree by Sigurd's father, Sigmund; later, it shattered from clashing against Gungnir and was reforged anew into a cursed demonic blade that was capable of killing even a dragon by Sigurd. After that, it became renowned as a "demonic sword of both glory and ruin." It is said to be the strongest demonic sword that can only be equaled to the strongest holy sword Excalibur, so it possesses the special characteristic of "dragon slayer".
If Gram didn't burn away the target the same way Excalibur does, then it wouldn't be an equal.

I see

So it is a sword that cuts things via hax like Yamato or does it actually have to cut things in order for the hax to work like Dragonslayer?

@Weekly

No. But he has no problems with pulling it out either and he has an infinite mana supply.

@Vel Its better to figure out how the fight would go down before casting votes my dude, makes the debating go a lot quicker

If it's in character for him to info manip off the bat, then he would probably Gram+Death Rune off the bat after realizing that it's the best way to win. His profile says that he is incredibly wise and intelligent but I don't want to assume what he would do.

@Reppu

Is he likely to use his glasses on an opponent that the Throne has told him nothing about?

@Dragon

I mean, his glasses aren't nigh-infallible.

He got killed because he was tricked in his legend.

He doesn't have to know everything to know the most important thing. I feel like the glasses would be able to discern the enemy's nature and he using his own natural intelligence would be able to make a way to win from that.

Like i said Nui was able to beat someone with info analysis just as good before while also fighting three other skilled fighters at the same time

Unless he leads with his strongest attack right off the bat, Sigurd doesnt have the AP to pulp Nui either, and the only runes that can do any significant damage to her he has to physically carve into her.

iirc, his rune can be carved ino his sword and the touch of the sword has the same effect.

dunno if I'm right about that or not

Considering that Nui can enter the nervous system with a puncture, which is more likely to happen that Sigurd opening with his 6-C weapon, I'm gonna have to go with her.

So, what speaks again Sigurd downloading his information against Nue, sees that shes an actual threat and goes for his NP, considering that hes a pretty serious and down to earth? Nue on the other hand seems de lead with clone spam and and direct attacks.

I rather find it more likely that Sigurd is firing at her first.

Inumuta has the same kind of info manip as well as weapons that specifically bypss her regen and he couldnt do that

One the fact that his glasses aren't flawless as he got tricked in his own story

Two the fact that seeing "Oh this person's a threat" doesn't mean wasting Mana on using your absolute strongest attack off the bat

Three, Nui can literally dodge it

WeeklyBattles said:
Inumuta has the same kind of info manip as well as weapons that specifically bypss her regen and he couldnt do that
His weapons dosnt atomize over a large AoE though or am i making a mistake here?

@Gargolye.

His Glasses didnt exist in his own story and considering how cocky Nue seems, i would actually more believe she would face tank it rather then doge it. Again, might mistaken here though.

Reppuzan said:
@Dragon

I mean, his glasses aren't nigh-infallible.

He got killed because he was tricked in his legend.
^Actually he did

Not really on the dodging part, the Gif above shows that's wrong, being cocky is different from being an idiot

• Crystallized Wisdom: A magic item that does not exist in the original myth. Sigurd's glasses are the crystallization of the wisdom he gained from eating the heart of the evil dragon Fafnir, allowing him to access enormous amounts of information on nearly any topic he wishes at will. It would even work if the glasses are lent to others, but the sheer volume of information will easily give others a painful headache.

Wokistan said:
Considering that Nui can enter the nervous system with a puncture, which is more likely to happen that Sigurd opening with his 6-C weapon, I'm gonna have to go with her.
Why is it more likely?

Because that encompasses most of her attacks as opposed to one specific attack on one weapon of his

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back