• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I made some edits, so Dargoo will further implement the pages. Lastly i think Base Tinker Knight should be at least 8-A, possibly far higher or Town level+.

The High 7-C feat is nearly halfway into High 7-C, so Tinker knight can be nearly 4.5x weaker than Shovel Knight and still be in the tier.

I'll revamp Black Knight with his new abilities and statistics when I get home.

Are we able to get to my revisions now?

Oh, shoot, sorry about that.

You can change what you want, ask a admin to open the page for you.

11/10

Although I think the enchantress' telekinesis might trump that in one of her fights.

Well, I asked about posting it, and you need to make sure the encounter was canon in Shovel Knight before you post it.

Also Kratos should have Regen, not ressurection.

I don't know how to do that.

Which type of regen?

Also I've calc'd 4 of the knights' weights so far, but I want you to look at the ones I have first before I waste my time doing more since you tend to find a problem with anything I do. Yes, I am very salty, please excuse.

Should be the same as Shovel Knight, Mid-Low; most typical video game health regains fall under this.

We've gotten some of the revisions through. Just a few more to go.

[ ] Get all calculations for the verse evaluated and revised on the characters' pages.

[ ] Current production art on the wiki is out-dated. The Shovel Knight wiki added in some new art as of recent.

[X] Black Knight's profile is somewhat lacking. Although he has some of his abilities, others are left out, such as Energy Projection, Summoning, Transformation, and Martial Arts(?)(At least according to his profile under the justification of being "Very good at close combat").

[ ] Propeller Knight has better range. Most notably towards the fact that he has Extended melee range over Standard melee. His summoning is possibly higher too, though could be calced. He as well has a likely higher intelligence, being a cunning leader of an entire fleet and being able incorporate his charisma to inspire others to gain appreciation towards him.

[X] All the characters need their speed to be clarified more comprehensively, having subsonic speeds slapped on there for no reason.

[X] Maybe a gallery? Probably having their fights and other piece of production art, though this one is a little controversial.

[ ] This one is a little tidbit and nudge but, for the longest time we had the complete cast of Shovel Knight characters incomplete, maybe we can make pages off of the rest of the Order of no Quarter, Shield Knight/Enchantress, and maybe even the travellers.

EMagoIorSouI said:
[ ] This one is a little tidbit and nudge but, for the longest time we had the complete cast of Shovel Knight characters incomplete, maybe we can make pages off of the rest of the Order of no Quarter, Shield Knight/Enchantress, and maybe even the travellers.
The Enchantress (Shovel Knight), Shield Knight, Phantom Striker, Dargoo said he's gonna do Reize, I'm planning on making Mole Knight sometime tomorrow, Treasure and Polar Knight don't really have any special, noteworthy abilities. Polar Knight boils down to throwing snowballs and icicles at you and not even ones he himself makes. Treasure Knight fires his anchor, dashes at you, makes waves in the sand, and drops a treasure chest that sucks you in. I don't know how any of that translates to the abilities options we have on this site.

Alright, so adressing what Kep said:

What are the values being changed to, exactly?

Hm. Seems fair.

Once the calc is adjusted with the window height and gets accepted we can update it, then.

So, uh, can someone comment on the blog regarding dividing the 8-A value down to 8-B?

What's there to say?

"No, Dargoo, I don't want you and Kep downgrading one of my favorite verses more than you already have"

That doesn't tend to go over too well.

I mean, the issue is that the feat can't be applied for her death as that just caused an earthquake that contributed to it, which is ED apparently, and the other half of the destruction was the bomb Plague Knight made.

Plus 8-A was accepted, and I need Kep or Bambu to comment again there.

Dargoo Faust said:
which is ED apparently
I think we're going overboard with this whole ED thing

Her death caused an earthquakes. Earthquakes themselves are ED, but it's not like dying suddenly gives her a massive power amp no one scales to. She just used her own magical power which both Shield Knight and Shovel Knight can tank and dish out right back at her.

DMUA said:
Her death caused an earthquakes. Earthquakes themselves are ED, but it's not like dying suddenly gives her a massive power amp no one scales to.
Allow to me explain: the earthquake was a side-effect of her dying; it's unknown if she used her own energy to cause it.

I.E.: It's unrelated to the energy she uses to fight.

Why am I not surprised everyone started hating ED when people started to notice verses were using feats that they shouldn't have for scaling and AP?

I'm mostly annoyed because everyone was on-board for the change until it actually did things.

Keep in mind Shovel Knight would have still been using a calc everyone agreed was unusable and feats that made no sense if someone didn't look at ED and say, "Huh, that doesn't make sense for that verse".

Dargoo Faust said:
Why am I not surprised everyone started hating ED when people started to notice verses were using feats that they shouldn't have for scaling and AP?

I'm mostly annoyed because everyone was on-board for the change until it actually did things.
C8EBF59A-0029-40C6-ADF7-AF13FDF3745D

Dargoo Faust said:
Allow to me explain: the earthquake was a side-effect of her dying; it's unknown if she used her own energy to cause it.

I.E.: It's unrelated to the energy she uses to fight.

I mean, she uses magic in the fight, and, as evidenced by the whole collapsing tower thing, her death caused major magic damage. Unless that's also ED by which case

I mean, I'd agree with you against verses that actually use ED and not just AP

Or maybe I was just not paying enough attention and got Politican'd, that could have also happened about this ordeal

DMUA said:
I mean, she uses magic in the fight, and, as evidenced by the whole collapsing tower thing, her death caused major magic damage. Unless that's also ED by which case
Couple of things:

A) If her death only causes an earthquake, then it didn't necessarily harm Shield Knight past the tower collapsing on her, which isn't exactly an impressive dura feat, only in the 9-B/9-A range.

B) It's weird to assume she's fighting with the same energy she released in her death normally and with every hit, seeing as she only did this as she was dying.

C) She uses magic to fight, however we don't know if she also used magic to cause the earthquake; or if that was just a side-effect of her infulence disappearing over the area.

So, it shouldn't be the standard for her regular attacks, it likely doesn't have anything to do with her regular attacks, and Sheild Knight didn't survive anything past 9-A in that instance.

It seems much more appropirate to use the bomb Plague Knight made, as that was actually done with the energy of the Order/Shovel Knight/Enchantress and we know it was partially responsible for the Tower's collapse.

Bump since a conclusion was never reached and the issue still stands.

Dark649 said:
Where are you planning to downgrade them?.
They're already downgraded?

This is technically implemented already, we just never closed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back