• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I beleive the subsonic feat is from being able to dodge canonballs from Propeller Knight's stage.

Maybe?

Now that I'm looking at it again, I don't know if he actually dodges the electricity as much as he Aim-Dodges it from the indicators that appear before it strikes.

Even if it's aim dodging you can compare his speed to the bolt's

Unless the lightning hits after the dodge finishes by which case tough luck

They seem to happen instantly relatively speaking. I don't have any software that can slow down the footage but if someone does we could maybe use that.

Actually I think it hits after he moves out of the way; nevermind.

Might as well turn this into a revision thread, so I made a little list of some things that need to be revised/added;

- Current production art on the wiki is out-dated. The Shovel Knight wiki added in some new art as of recent.

- Black Knight's profile is somewhat lacking. Although he has some of his abilities, others are left out, such as Energy Projection, Summoning, Transformation, and Martial Arts(?)(At least according to his profile under the justification of being "Very good at close combat").

- Propeller Knight has better range. Most notably towards the fact that he has Extended melee range over Standard melee. His summoning is possibly higher too, though could be calced.

- All the characters need their speed to be clarified more comprehensively, having subsonic speeds slapped on there for no reason.

- Maybe a gallery? Probably having their fights and other piece of production art, though this one is a little controversial.

- This one is a little tidbit and nudge but, for the longest time we had the complete cast of Shovel Knight characters incomplete, maybe we can make pages off of the rest of the Order of no Quarter, Shield Knight/Enchantress, and maybe even the travellers.

I personally disagree with the downgrade, and Matt makes a good point; the environmental destruction elaboration is a bit getting out of hand. Additionally, wasn't there a Meteor calc that was somewhere between 8-A and 7-B? Anyway, the Remnant of Fate does is legit the one who's causing the storm, which it clears out once defeated; so it should count as her feat.

We're not even arguing ED anymore, we never see the Enchantress make a storm and I already explained that Specter Knight doesn't even change the sky at all. The only stuff we see is the clouds retreating when a stage is finished, which isn't even really a feat to begin with as no one in particular performs it.

I calced another feat at 8-A if that helps, though.

The Meteor calc was debunked as well (It was also never approved). See above; we don't know how high it came from and the calc was flawed.

I feel like it's a bit pretentious to ask this, but did you read the thread? A lot of these points were discussed a while ago.

@Emagolor

Of course, yeah. I suppose I though we'd already gotten past this point in this discussion and it was fairly obvious.

@everyone

Should I highlight this? It seems to have drawn a lot of admins and general debate.

And the "ED Is getting out of hand" is kind of ticking me off at this point. I mean no offense, it's just really frustrating.

Two threads have had controversy on it.

Two.

Threads.

And I already admitted I was wrong on one and apologized. The page itself had nothing to do with it either, I just went too far with the definition.

The sky isn't falling, people.

@Arrogant No worries, I think there's still a bit of debate left here, so expect it to run longer.

Also, "The Storm cleared as the remnant of Fate died" is false as well, now that I think of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnULVsM4gUU&feature=youtu.be&t=5m13s

Link again. Notice there isn't really a storm in the sky to begin with. Nor does the sky change at all past brightness (specifically the clouds)? It doesn't seem like a storm at all.

I'm pretty sure there's some in depth lore that describes Enchantress as causing the storm somewhere. Anyway, Dark649 seems knowledgeable on the game, so his input would be good. Highlight might be okay though since there seems to be conflicting opinions.

I'm cool with the feat if there's something saying she made it; I've scoured gameplay and didn't find anything that confirmed it.

I'd like to also add that the calc had the storm cover the entire kingdom, despite said storm only being present on the map and never being referred to in-game or implied to even really be there, going by the crystal clear skies on the very first level, the sunny bright day in the tow, and the hazy mornings around the campfire. Keep in mind you can see all the way to the Tower of Fate from each vantage point.

Also keep in mind the map has tons of stuff out of proportion and isn't likely a very reliable source to use for a storm calc.

And on top of that, Arbitrary scaled a map ico to the length of the entire level. And scaled that to the map, which already isn't a reliable source for the size of the kingdom.

And this is all under the assumption that The Enchantress actually made the storm, which I've yet to find evidence for. Heck, Bambu even showed how the calc ignored CAPE and other conventions.

So I feel like it's pretty clear. I'll wait for Dark's response, though.

Two questions:

Is the calculation that the Shovel Knight characters are scaled from even accepted by the calc group?

What proof is there of The Enchantress creating the storm?

I also think that EMagoIorSouI's suggestions seem fine, but I am not the best person to ask.

@Ant It was actually just rejected by Bambu, but you can see in my comment above a whole slew of other issues that the calc had. Was Dark ever a member of the calc group? Otherwise, no, it actually wasn't accepted. (EDIT) Just checked, Dark isn't a former calc group member, so it was never approved.

I couldn't find any. The storm even existing in the first place, at least the one used by the calc, is contradicted by the weather during several of the game levels.

Yeah, they look good too.

EMagoIorSouI said:
Thank you, Ant. But as Dargoo suggested, is this worthy to highlight?
Ant said it's not important enough to highlight, which makes sense tbh. Most of the opposition here other than DDM (who's neutral now until Dark shows up), just assumed I was applying Environmental Destruction and didn't really look at everything else in the thread.

I'd love to add more profiles though! I call dibs on making Reize's profile after this is over, he gets so much stuff from Specter Knight's Campaign.

Dargoo Faust said:
And on top of that, Arbitrary scaled a map ico to the length of the entire level. And scaled that to the map, which already isn't a reliable source for the size of the kingdom.
Wait, where was the map icon?

Well, it seems like the Shovel Knight characters need to be rescaled then. The question is to what statistics.

EMagoIorSouI's suggestions also likely need to be applied.

Yes. Other calculations have been made on the verse, and they suffice far more adequately to be honest.

As for my list of revisions, I'll repost it here;

- Current production art on the wiki is out-dated. The Shovel Knight wiki added in some new art as of recent.

- Black Knight's profile is somewhat lacking. Although he has some of his abilities, others are left out, such as Energy Projection, Summoning, Transformation, and Martial Arts(?)(At least according to his profile under the justification of being "Very good at close combat").

- Propeller Knight has better range. Most notably towards the fact that he has Extended melee range over Standard melee. His summoning is possibly higher too, though could be calced.

- All the characters need their speed to be clarified more comprehensively, having subsonic speeds slapped on there for no reason.

- Maybe a gallery? Probably having their fights and other piece of production art, though this one is a little controversial.

- This one is a little tidbit and nudge but, for the longest time we had the complete cast of Shovel Knight characters incomplete, maybe we can make pages off of the rest of the Order of no Quarter, Shield Knight/Enchantress, and maybe even the travellers.

@Ant Requested. Thanks for the reminder.

Also, for the meteor calc

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...Knight_calls_down_some_meteors(Shovel_Knight)

The guy multiplied the outcome for AP by 6 because Black Knight summoned six seperate meteors throughout the fight, so Small City level doesn't make any sense. There's probably other issues with it too, but if someone wants to re-calc the feat we could get a nice 8-A supporting feat.

We don't see where the meteors come from, but since one calc already produced 8-A if the result isn't outlierish it could be used.

Yeah, although IDK if there was anything else wrong with the calc (they used a sphere instead of an ellipsoid for the metor using the longest length possible), but a recalc could work if it matches up with the other feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back