• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shouldn't lightsabers be Multi-City Block level instead of Large Town Level since General Grievous, Karbin & the AT-ATs are already at this tier?

Huh, why would they be downgrade to things they can cut through, if they struggles to cut, i could see it, but you are wording it like large town level is weaker than multi city block

Everything appears to be 8-A and I think he just doesn't see where High 7-C comes from in the scaling chain anymore. Then again, I am iffy in assuming lightsabers are always as strong as the Jedi who wield them as opposed to it being mostly wielder dependent with some consideration that it still is hot enough to cut through some supermetals regardless. I think 8-A is a more consistent bench mark for Lightsabers compared to High 7-C tbh.

Huh, why would they be downgrade to things they can cut through, if they struggles to cut, i could see it, but you are wording it like large town level is weaker than multi city block
But i've never thought large town level would be weaker than Multi-City Block level and all attack potencies of Jedi have already been changed to Multi-City Block level!

Everything appears to be 8-A and I think he just doesn't see where High 7-C comes from in the scaling chain anymore. Then again, I am iffy in assuming lightsabers are always as strong as the Jedi who wield them as opposed to it being mostly wielder dependent with some consideration that it still is hot enough to cut through some supermetals regardless. I think 8-A is a more consistent bench mark for Lightsabers compared to High 7-C tbh.
So shouldn't i change this to what you think as the more consistent bench mark for Lightsabers?!

Last edited:
Thank you for helping out Medeus.

@Soldier_Blue @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @LordTracer @Hop_Hoppington-Hoppenhiemer

What do you think about this?

At least 8-A would be fine.

I believe the thing about whether lightsabers are strong on their own or depending more on the wielder was discussed but I can't recall what the final conclusion was since there were many other more important things in the Canon Star Wars revision.

Okay. Thank you for the evaluation.

Should I call for more knowledgeable members then?

Although I’m not really a fan of giving lightsabers their own tier, this seems simple enough.
Hop agrees.

-----------------------------

Lightsabers really serve the story, and tiering them is very hard to do without confusing feats with outliers, especially because it depends on the user being Force sensitive and using that power is more of reflection of the user than the weapon. Grievous often breaks this ruling, however, while he isn't Force sensitive, he's a cyborg in an insanely advanced fictional sci-fi setting, with training from one of the best villains of the era in terms of power (regardless of canon). Either way, Hop thinks, if you must, lightsabers are, in all interpretations "at least 9-C" due to the ability to casually kill most things with anyone using it, or even no one at all (accidental deaths are mentioned but not shown in the series and it's clear if you were to be next to one without sufficient protection, like Mandolorian Beskar armor, it'd be instant death).

In non-canon material: They have several degrees of strength and power that depend on the user/maker, the crystal itself, and other lore elements. Sith sabers with synthetic crystals tend to be stronger and able to break traditional saber blades during combat (not in the films, but the novels and lore).

In G/Disney canon material: Sabers tend to be on par with each-other, with few exceptions like the Dark Saber, functioning similarly regardless.

In both canons there does exist very weak training grade lightsabers that can't cause much harm. We're talking arguably 10-C or 10-B and its cutting strength isn't ever shown. It's implied they'd break or not be able to handle higher grades of Force users. Some sabers have this built in but can be allowed to access their full power, but Hop recalls this is only in Legends/non-canon.

If you disagree with Hop that is fine, but we have to distinguish sabers in both canons regardless, as well as clarify feats by Force users or not amplifying them. Keep this in mind if you plan on doing calcs, because it may reflect the wielder and not the weapon.

Last edited:
So has 8-A or "At least 8-A" been accepted here?

Back