• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should the SSJ2 and SSJ3 multipliers be used for speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
while i agree that power level increases speed, there is no proof that the multiplier is consistent with real world mechanics. power levels on scouter were abstracts numbers made by frieza to inflate his ego, there is no proof they're scientifically/realistically equivalent of speed increase in real life.

Why would SS 2 and SS 3 multipliers hold with respect to speed, if SS 1 does not, given that the transformations have the same mechanics?

If we take multipliers as legit than it doesn't make sense since Beerus wouldnt need 10% of his power against ssj2 Vegeta .....So nah they're not linear tbh

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
If we take multipliers as legit than it doesn't make sense since Beerus wouldnt need 10% of his power against ssj2 Vegeta .....So nah they're not linear tbh
Numbers in DBZ never made any sense. There's a reason toriyama ditched scouters after namek saga

so..somthing i'd like to add, though probly doesn't matter because cartoons and physics dont mix, the ammount of energy required to go faster as you approach the speed of light infinitly increases to continue to increase your momentum. I mention this because what it translates to is if you go half the speed of light, and double your energy output, you dont actualy go the speed of light now, more of you got 3/4 the speed of light (massive over exaguration, might be less or more i dont know the exact equation). I say this because perhaps while going ssj, ssj2, and ssj3 might multiply their energy output to kinentic energy (speed), perhaps it does actualy multiply said energy output 1 to 1 which translates to an increase in speed, but isnt simply a 1 to 1 multiplier to speed. Instead it would be a multiplier applied to how ever that universe deals with speed increase. Just a thought.

Obviously it should also multiply the speed since the Super Saiyan transformations lets the user increase their Ki Supplies aka Power Levels we know Ki increases the body proportionately as an exponential equation in everything Speed, Strength, Durability, etc... So it'd only be wise to use that same curvature.

They certainly increase speed. But since we don't use the multipliers for other stats, then it wouldn't make sense to use them for speed.

Hmm, but I'm saying that since they literally move very fast due to them flying with their ki... A More Potent Ki should equal more speed and in terms of DBZ: Travel speed is usually very similar to Combat speed/Reactions unlike most comic book characters out there.

Nibbler3100 said:
Hmm, but I'm saying that since they literally move very fast due to them flying with their ki... A More Potent Ki should equal more speed and in terms of DBZ: Travel speed is usually very similar to Combat speed/Reactions unlike most comic book characters out there.
We don't know if multipliers increase stats in linear, exponential or logarithmic manner, so how do you propose the stats to be increase? Can you proof that multipliers increase stats in linear, exponential or logarithmic way?

These are the official ones given in one of the recent Super Exciting Guide books, yes. It gave them as this:

• Super Saiya - 50x the Saiyan's normal battle power. This is the old standard which was crafted from the events of the battle with Freeza and has been repeated in a whole bunch of things since then.
  • Super Saiyan 2 - 2x the "strength" of Super Saiyan, or 100x normal power.
  • Super Saiyan 3 - 4x the "strength" of Super Saiyan 2, or a whopping 400x normal power. This is what was given to us by the super Exciting Guide, while I know data books are tertiary sources, this is one of the very few sources we have on this. From what we can see here, ssj1 is a non-linear boost in battle power, but ssj2 and ssj3 are linear strength boosts relative to ssj1, so you can essentially go for linear multipliers off ssj1, but not from base to ssj1 since battle powers(power levels) are not linear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back