• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should Memetic Tier be altered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crabwhale

Wasteland Gravetender
VS Battles
Administrator
So, our current definition of Memetic Tier goes like this: "The highest tier possible. Only applied to characters whose supposed omnipotence has given them popular meme status. Examples include Chuck Norris, Segata Sanshiro, Squirrel Girl, and TFS Popo. Just because a character is a meme, does't automatically count them as Memetic Tier. The meme has to be about how powerful they are."

Now, characters that have become Memetic without meeting the requirements of their specific memes being about their power are an accepted and common thing de facto. However, should we update the specifications of the tier to officially declare that: "yes, any character that is a meme can and should be placed at Memetic tier"?

any character that is putted at Memetic tier without meeting the criteria are fakes and thus are not truly Memetic.

1. No not every meme is "Memetic Tier". The meme has to specifically be about how powerful and unbeatable they are, such as Chuck Norris.

2. Of course since this is Joke Battles people can claim tiers they want and make up their own tiers, but as for the "official" Tiering System that's how it works.

Ummmm, maybe, I'm pretty sure this is why Ocean Tier exists, its just that everyone forgot about it

Ocean Tier is meant for "the deepest, most boundless of things".

I personally think that it is a weird tier in both name and definition, but meh.

Ryukama said:
1. No not every meme is "Memetic Tier". The meme has to specifically be about how powerful and unbeatable they are, such as Chuck Norris.
2. Of course since this is Joke Battles people can claim tiers they want and make up their own tiers, but as for the "official" Tiering System that's how it works.
Forgive my wording, as at the time of first writing this thread, I was on a tight schedule.

What I meant to say more-or-less was:since Memetic tier is already used de facto for all memes (or at least most of them, as you and MLPlover already said, outside of custom tiers), should we get rid of the restriction that says they need to memes specifically about their power? Not only is it less confusing, but it also works better with the current state of the wiki, in which any meme is given Memetic regardless.

No. The entire point of "Memetic" is for characters who are memes based off how powerful they are. It's a reference to the trope "Memetic Badass". Of course people can still make pages as they please but the actual Tiering System page stays the same.

Alright then. I suppose this should be closed then?

Sure. Thank you very much for being reasonable and understanding. Greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back