• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should Megumin be Upgraded to Small City Level (Low 7-B)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is mainly due to her Mountain busting Feat in Volume 6.

"Megumin’s voice rang out across the mountain range near the capital.

“Explooooosion!!”

“Uh-huh, great stuff. Ow! Hey, keep it under control—I can’t give you a piggyback ride with you thrashing around like that!”

“Reprimand me if you must, but I just reduced a mountain to pebbles!”

Ever since we had gotten back from Crimson Magic Village, Megumin’s passion for her explosion magic had gotten even more intense. Now that I had dumped all the skill points she’d been saving into strengthening Explosion, her blasts had gotten powerful enough to present a genuine threat to humankind."

And while Looking through the Wiki I found this https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Mountain_and_Island_level_requirements

So assuming that the Mountain Megumin busted was a Small One.

She should be Small City as the use of the word "Pebbles" implies Fragmentation.

Or is that not how works? And that's for something else?

And if does get accepted the Character who will scale to this will be Wolbach.

Hm, this would require a calc
There's already a supposed calculation of the Mountain Level requirements. As In the Bare Minumum that is used for destroyed Mountains with unspecified sizes.

Which is what Megumin did in Volume 6.

Here's the thing.

• A small mountain (A minimum size mountain)

slider-mountain-768x328.jpg

• Height = 517px, or 609.6m
  • Radius = Width/2 = 1849px/2 = 924.5px, or 1090.1m
  • Volume = (Pi)(Radius^2)(Height/3) = (3.1416)(1090.1^2)(609.6/3) = 758590275.6m^3, or 7.586e14 cm^3.
To destroy it:

• Fragmentation (8 J/cc) = 6.070e15 Joules, Small City level

Last edited:
It would be in Violent Fragmentation anyway, it's obvious how small the pebbles are in general, but I don't get pulverisation because it also says pebbles as well again, after all, the remnant of a destroyed matter appears

It would be in Violent Fragmentation anyway, it's obvious how small the pebbles are in general, but I don't get pulverisation because it also says pebbles as well again, after all, the remnant of a destroyed matter appears
Oh well.

Violent Fragmentation when destroying a small Mountain by this wiki standards is still City Level but I think to a lesser degree.

• Violent Fragmentation (69 J/cc) = 5.234e16 Joules, City level

Also if this does get through I would also like to propose Megumin get a Likely Higher

Added to her Key since we know that she's been levelling up and getting stronger.

As this feat happened during Volume 6 and she was around Level 33 at the time.

And by Volume 14 and later Issues, she has a level over 40.

And even according to Kazuma her Own mana pool was above the bags of Manatite he brought for her.

So I think it would be quite weird to assume she hasn't increased in strength in any way shape or form.

I also think Darkness, Iris should Likely Higher added to their pages.

Also aren't Cloud clearing feats considered around City level?

If so then it's pretty consistent as Megumin does is in one of the Dust Novels.

"Unfortunately, it’s completely overcast tonight, so not a single star was visible to me.

“It should be about time.”

The moment I said that, a streak of red light shot into the sky and exploded with a loud boom.

I’m quite some distance away, but even I can feel the shockwave from that blast.

That explosion chased away the clouds covering the sky, revealing a blanket of shimmering stars."

Also Sorry to derail but this has gotten pretty popular.

Yunyun should have "Dagger" added to her standard equipment as she's consistently drawn with having one on her waist.

ch5-insert-2.png

And I don't know if this qualifies for anything But Kazuma's Lurk skill can also hide Bloodlust (Killing intent).

"I used Lurk to conceal my killing intent and aimed with Snipe."

And I know some characters have abilities like Danger sense on the wiki which is mainly activated by sensing Bloodlust (Killing intent) so he should have a resistance to it.

Er, there's a problem that was already brought up in the previous threads using this evidence. Others translations don't agree with this one regarding what Megumin destroyed.

Megumin’s voice echoed through the open hills of the capital.

“Explosion–!!”

I knew it would turn out this way!

After being invited to a ‘date’, I came to the outskirts of the capital in search of a place to cast Explosion with Megumin.

“Look at that Explosion just now! Be it destructive power or effective range, it’s really mighty today, super strong!”

“All right, all right, explosion spells are amazing. Hey, don’t fidget so excitedly, it’s hard to piggyback you this way!”

“Even if you say that, I couldn’t see the boulder being pulverized before I…!”

After she came back from the Crimson Demon village, Megumin’s passion for Explosions reached new heights.

Now that her Explosion had been strengthened with all her accumulated skill points, the magic power of this loli was catastrophic for humans.

Er, there's a problem that was already brought up in the previous threads using this evidence. Others translations don't agree with this one regarding what Megumin destroyed.

Megumin’s voice echoed through the open hills of the capital.

“Explosion–!!”

I knew it would turn out this way!

After being invited to a ‘date’, I came to the outskirts of the capital in search of a place to cast Explosion with Megumin.

“Look at that Explosion just now! Be it destructive power or effective range, it’s really mighty today, super strong!”

“All right, all right, explosion spells are amazing. Hey, don’t fidget so excitedly, it’s hard to piggyback you this way!”

“Even if you say that, I couldn’t see the boulder being pulverized before I…!”

After she came back from the Crimson Demon village, Megumin’s passion for Explosions reached new heights.

Now that her Explosion had been strengthened with all her accumulated skill points, the magic power of this loli was catastrophic for humans.
Wasn't CgTranslations considered a more valid source?

I remember it being mentioned when I looking through a couple of old Konosuba threads it's also how Wiz got her regeneration.

Also, Kazuma was once considered City Level lmao?

quote is from CGtranslations. But yeah there were some discussions about that.
Ok.

But in the SS she also did this.

"Explosion!!"

A large explosion blossomed over the rocky mountains not too far from Axel.

When the shockwave and dust cloud subsided, only a large crater remained.

And During the CWBD and KS crossover No.22 describes her explosion as "Small-Scale Nuclear level"

"There, a very young girl fired off a ridiculous explosion with magic. While I thought that a small-scale nuclear explosion occurred because of its absurd firepower, the other adventurers barely reacted, almost as if this was an everyday occurrence."

City level Kazuma was ridiculous yeah
Mountain Busting Aqua

Also didn't Kazuma Collapse a Volcano (From the Inside) during his fight with the DK with Explosion?

I'm pretty sure that's above 9-A and is at least Building level it wouldn't really be an outlier either since it's the strongest spell.

Or should I bring it up in another thread?

Also didn't Kazuma Collapse a Volcano (From the Inside) during his fight with the DK with Explosion?

I'm pretty sure that's above 9-A and is at least Building level it wouldn't really be an outlier either since it's the strongest spell.

Or should I bring it up in another thread?
It wasn't a volcano iirc, but that's more chain reaction.

Just a question, our KonoSuba profiles uses WN and LN? Or only LN? because if WN it's allowed, finding it raws is WAY MORE EASY

Couldn't find anything on Light Novel raws in Both English and Japanese forums.

Only stuff talking about the Web Novel.

Also, does it have to Japanese Raws?

Or is Chinese Raws okay as well? If so then K might be able to find something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back