• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Does this qualify as Minor 4th wall Awareness for Team Kazuma?

Well, this is a pretty minor CRT. But I think either Minor 4th wall awareness or full-on 4th wall Awareness would be given.

To Kazuma, Megumin and Aqua. I realised this after seeing the standards for having Minor to proper 4th wall awareness added to a characters page so this should (hopefully) be simple and uncontroversial lol.

Kazuma

This one is pretty simple I doubt I need to quote anything for everyone who reads Konosuba.

To know that he religiously whines about "Not having any cool scenes" or being on in the "Spotlight" (actually I think Dust also has this feat).

Or claiming that he wants to be the protagonist and comparing himself to uhh what's his name again? Ahh, that's right The Magic Sword Guy! (Mitsurguri) for who's more of the main character. (Volume 14).

I think this should qualify for at least Minor Fourth Wall Awareness.

And while non-canon Kazuma does the same in Isekai Quartet (I think he's the only character who breaks the 4th wall acc).

He also regularly calls out how all the Bizarre situations he gets into are tropes being played straight or subverted.

This also fits narratively with his character as the Straight man (Which he actually refers to himself such)

"I won’t say things like ‘Isn’t having a nickname too embarrassing?’ and other straight-man rebuttals." Volume 10.

He's also done it in other volumes.

Megumin

Yeah, obviously I'm gonna have to use a quote here.

“We’ll postpone the debut of Chunchunmaru to the next volume. But if we leave him be, the hot springs will be in danger. Then, a Demon King’s General will get his way.”

Yeah, Megumin directly says The Strongest Sword in History Chunchunmaru will debut next volume.

Can't really get any clear than that. And funnily enough, this quite happened in Volume 4.

And in the next Volume being Volume 5 Chunchunmaru actually debuts (Future sight for Megumin when?).

Nah but fr I think Megumin should have minor 4th wall awareness.

Aqua

I'm actually iffy on this one and won't argue for it tbh.

But I recall Natsume (Author) mentioning Aqua pulling up to his making ridiculous demands and threatening to curse him so his toilets don't flush.

But I'm pretty sure that was related to a popularity vote and I don't know if they're considered canon or not.

Also is Dragging/pushing beings are related to lifting strength?

If so then Kazuma can have Above Average Human-Level to Athletic Human lifting Strength.

For effortlessly dragging around 3 18-year-old males.

Isn't Megumin and Aqua thing not in the narrative though ? Like one is in the section at the beginning/end of the LN, while Aqua thing is a joke like with the non canon popularity vote drama CD.

Regarding Kazuma, it is sadly just him being Genre Saavy, which isn't the same as 4th Wall Breaking.
Kazuma has a knowledge of isekai, RPG, etc... terms because of his in-universe otaku knowledge, anyone else in Japan could recognize thesr things like Kazuma.

So yeah, they shouldn't get 4th wall breaking.

If any others characters from whatever verse got 4th wall breaking from being genre saavy then it should be removed for them too.

Isn't Megumin and Aqua thing not in the narrative though? Like one is in the section at the beginning/end of the LN, while the Aqua thing is a joke like with the non-canon popularity vote drama CD.
Yeah, I re-looked at it and Aqua's feat only happens in a popularity Vote. (It was the one where she cheated to become 1st by threatening the Author).

Megumin's one happens during Volume 4 Chapter 5 but I guess it could be an outlier and more of a gag.

Yeah, Kazuma is genre-savvy but it's happened so many times that I thought something might be there.

If any others characters from whatever verse got 4th wall breaking from being genre savvy then it should be removed for them too.
Nah I don't mind them having it. For that reason alone. I'm complaining about double standards this time around.

The reason I thought Kazuma could have Minor 4th wall awareness was cause what he does in actual trope.

(I finally found what I was trying to reference)

Yeah but that's all the feats I have.

Oh yeah and also about Kazuma's lifting strength is dragging/pulling valid.

Then if so Kazuma can have Atheltic Human for effortlessly dragging 3 18-year-old males.

If not then just keep him at UNKOWN.

QuasiYuri makes sense to me. Thank you for helping out.

Back