• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Unexplained power-ups out the ass.

Bullshit power increase for next arc.

Perfect moves or powers to counter this one villain.

Pretty much everyone you see is an orphan.

Death teases but not going through with it.

Smarter, more mature, more tactical rival to the ******* stupid main character. He will have a tragic past as well that will be explored more & more each arc and which will come back to haunt him. Usually has better character development than the MC. He also tends to attract more of the ladies.

Always has some deep inner power locked away and will slowly be revealed over the series until near the end where it comes back for a BS power up.

weaponized plot armor.

more talk about the power of friendship then my little pony (i'm looking at you fairy tale)

I'm generally OK with power-ups if they are foreshadowed or explained properly (Super Saiyan) but I can't stand them if they are pulled out of nowhere (Vegeta's "Royal" blue form).

Soldier Blue said:
I would have loved to have seen Yhwach win, to be honest.
Me too, lot of people expect Yhwach to win. And he kinda "foreshadowing" it when he said something like "I kill you during your happiest moment" but Kazui one shotted the remnant of Yhwach. Somehow.

Hst master said:
Timeskips

There will always be some sort of timeskip
And bullshit power-ups after every timeskip.

But a lot of series can do time-skips well. Toward the Terra is a good example.

having there first half have really great stories only for the second half of the story to shit on everything

Shadowbokunohero said:
having there first half have really great stories only for the second half of the story to shit on everything
^ Applies to Fairy Tail's last arc. It started off so damn good. But after Erza vs Ajeel, it went to shit.

Mashima even admitted to making stupid shit up on a weekly basis and throwing out several original ideas on the back of one of the volumes. One example: He decided on Irene being "queen of the dragons" and Erza's mother two weeks before. Two weeks!

In Crossovers, the clearly more OP character will get nerfed to be equal with a Street level character despite them casually fighting planet levellers prior. I'm looking at you DB.

Homu Sweet Homu said:
After Erza vs Ajeel you say?

FT went downhill after Tenrou arc, with Tartaros as the exception.
I was talking about the last arc specifically. It started off really good and was a breath of fresh air compared to the Avatar arc. But then... Well, we all know what happened.

The MC almost always arriving to the peak arcs final fight late with a huge power up to 1v1 the Villain

Akreious said:
In Crossovers, the clearly more OP character will get nerfed to be equal with a Street level character despite them casually fighting planet levellers prior. I'm looking at you DB.
Isn`t that done to virtually everything actually?

Seriously, I can`t even think of a crossover with "accurate" stats.

If there is romance, it will usually involve a tsundere character. If not, it will painfully forced and phoned in due to lack of true interaction between characters. Or just come out of left field.

The series will start out about being tactical, taking advantage of your opponent's weaknesses and mistakes. This will be ditched in favor of more flashy attacks and OP BS abilities as the series comes closer and closer to ending.

Only the Good Guys are capable of thinking logically and tactically while the Bad Guys spam their supposedly unbeatable power/move/technique.

The Bad Guys, despite possibly being older and more experienced, never have backup plans or tactics if somehow their main power is overcome.

When killing someone, characters will often just leave their opponent for dead instead of making sure they're dead.

Every villian must have some sympahtic backstory to humanize them or be so completely evil just because. There is no middle ground.

Villian intelligence is only high when making long term plans or goals and drops sharply when entering personal combat.

Every new Big Bad is just more powerful than the last, instead of being a different kind of threat altogether.

Isn`t that done to virtually everything actually?

Seriously, I can`t even think of a crossover with "accurate" stats.

Scooby Doo Team ups have them fighting at equal standings (Majorly because they don't really fight, but when they do, they got more powers and stuff like that, which helps in making Scooby Doo verse the weirdest and haxxiest cartoon after FoP)

How about chaining/stacking power ups? "Oh you beat kaioken x3, well how about kaiokenx4? Er… maybe kaiokenx5? Wait, wait I totally meant x10!"

Attacks are weaker the second use: whenever a character uses an attack it's only useful during their first battle with it. After that, pretty much everything can match it.

Power levels are bullshit. They're rarely linear, and advantages in them become obsolete due to power ups.

CursedGentleman said:
Scooby Doo Team ups have them fighting at equal standings (Majorly because they don't really fight, but when they do, they got more powers and stuff like that, which helps in making Scooby Doo verse the weirdest and haxxiest cartoon after FoP)
This cartoon is more haxxed than FOP

Either way, the ones that are "accurate" always tend to wank the weak characters so they can keep up.

Which also means that I want a Teletubbies X Masadaverse so we can laugh at 1-A Teletubbies.

Back