• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shinza Banshou 1-A Mindhax and Resistance (It's Finally Here Boys)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren_Valion

VS Battles
Retired
Note: This CRT is based off this blog here that I made here.

Introductio
There has constantly been hearsay that Reinhard has 1-A mindhax resistance, but it hasn't been made into a CRT, accepted, and implemented to the profile as of now - so here's my take on some evidence about the topic that I could find.

All these scans are from Dies Irae - Interview with Kaziklu Bey, Dies Irae ~Amantes Amentes~, and Kajiri Kamui Kagura. And thus I will be separating my evidence collected from all three novels.

The purpose of this CRT is to collect the evidence of Mercurius having 1-A mind hax, and Reinhard having the resistance to it.

Here we go.

Dies Irae - Interview with Kaziklu Bey
"From what I gathered, it seems to me anyway, that Mercurius sometimes shows his "true nature" which causes the others to nearly go insane or get sick - similar to people going insane by looking at Cthulhu because they can't comprehend his true nature:

Here is a sca that has Wilheim state that Mercurius is a "being that doesn't make sense" to him and that he can't "see him properly" - he states it that it is as if Mercurius's "outline is made of quicksilver" and that one moment he could see Mercurius, but in the next "he became impossible to perceive". As always, Mercurius makes Wilheim's skin crawl.

Many times when Mercurius speaks, the screen becomes filled with static, this is not for visual flair, as it is mentioned in the story here. Also being described as the "magician's curse or blessing", which is very similar to a moment in the story where Mercurius goes to Lisa, the static once again playing and is said to be "his mercurial curse"

Here is a scan that shows a point in the story where Mercurius starts laughing uncontrollably. Wilhelm describes it as "heavy enough to stick and burden the very soul". And that, "the density and depth of the emotions hidden within him were abnormal." And that Mercurius was, "actually showing his true-self". And apparently that when Mercurius was showing, "his true-self", it was physically effecting Wilheim to the point where he almost threw up, until Reinhard was the one to put an end to it.

Here is a sca that shows that after Mercurius stops laughing, "everyone heaved a sigh of relief, as if they momentarily forgotten how to breathe."

Mercurius himself says to Reinhard that, "Their minds and bodies might not be able to bear more of this" Indicating that out of everyone there, only Reinhard was able to properly resist Mercurius's "true-self", but even Reinhard admits that he too felt "uneasy" by the demonstration of the mercurial curse. However, to compare Reinhard's sentiments with the other members of the LDO, and how Mercurius didn't seemingly include Reinhard into how his true nature was affecting their minds and bodies does seem to show that Reinhard is resisting this effect.

Dies Irae ~Amantes Amentes~
There is more direct confirmation that Mercurius affects the mind within Dies Irae ~Amantes Amentes~.

Within the novel, there exists an interaction between Shirou Yusa and Mercurius where Shirou describes Mercurius.

In this scene, as seen here, Shirou describes Mercurius as, "a shade of a man" and that he, "cloaked himself in insecurity and repulsion, invoking anxiety in all who laid eyes on him." And through his seemingly endless babbling words, that sense of anxiety strengthens until eventually, anxiety turns to irritation, and then irritation turns to bloodthirsty rage. Shirou also describes Mercurius's shade as the "embodiment of Foreknowledge".

As shown in this sca, and then in this one - with just his words, Mercurius causes Shirou to lose his mind into a bloodthirsty rage after telling him who Shirou who he is and what he embodies - Foreknowledge.

For more evidence on the mental effects of Mercurius's Foreknowledge. In the very next scene, Mercurius's makes his cloak expand a creates an "Abnormality" within Reinhard's castle, said abnormality is stated to be, "far beyond the comprehension of a mortal mind".

Kajiri Kamui Kagura
Note: This description of the Singularity comes from Ravenous4th - thank you for your patronage.

In Dies Irae, Hadou Gods produce this thing called the Singularity, the Singularity is described as...

"The Singularity is a tear in reality to the Throne where the godhead resides. Usually generated by a clash of Hadou Atziluth-Tai between the Throne and the lowest floor (Multiverse). Basically singularities are created from the collision between the "Color" or Law of Hadou Gods, the world is "unaffected" by the Law of the Hadou where God does not exist and is not affected by the Law as they block the flow of Law and became the Singularity rather than be influenced by the Supreme Law (Atziluth-Tai). In order to reach the throne, the challenger may opt to drill through the depths of the Singularity using their law.

The depth of the Singularity varies in accordance with the ruling deity's law strength (Taikyoku/Taiji). As such, Singularities generated by a God with "higher" quality would be immeasurably "deeper" than those of lower quality, and therefore will not be "drilled" or "crossed" without adequate strength - there are few exceptions to this rule, however.

Additionally, the Singularity is described as an infinite abyss of colorless Taikyoku/Taiji that can be comprehended and interacted only by deities. It is a "place" that gives birth natural laws and new ideas/concepts, and where the afterimages or shades of Gods from the past, who must be overcome and thoroughly understood in order to reach the throne, reside."

As the definition states, the Singularity is something can only comprehend by deities, meaning that the mental state of non-deities wouldn't be able to comprehend or withstand the Singularity.

Here's a quote from the Visual Fanbook (VFB), a reliable guide that summarizes and restates information found in the novels, that proves this specifically by stating and explaining that mortals who look into the Singularity will have mental state overwhelmed ... like dropping a cube of sugar into the ocean - the cube dissolves. The scan is here.

Japanese: Õ©©õ║║Òü«þ▓¥þÑ×µºïÚÇáÒüºÒüéÒéîÒü░ÒüôÒü«ÚÇŵÿÄÒüòÒü½ÞÇÉÒüêÕêçÒéîÒü¬ÒüäÒÇéÕñºÚÖ©ÒéƵ▓êµ▓íÒüòÒüøÒéïÒü╗Òü®Òü«þ£ƒµ░┤Òü½ÕÉæÒüïÒüäÒÇüþáéþ│ûÒéÆõ©Çþ▓ÆÞÉ¢Òü¿ÒüùÒüªÒü┐ÒéïÒéêÒüåÒü¬Òéé Òü«ÒüáÒÇéÕ¢ôþäÂÒÇüþáéþ│ûÒü»µ║ÂÒüïÒüòÒéîÒÇüµ░┤Òü½þöÿÕæ│ÒééÒüñÒüïÒü¼ÒüáÒéìÒüåÒÇé

English: "For a person with an ordinary mental structure, its transparency cannot be endured. It's like dropping a sugar in the ocean that sinks continent. Naturally, the sugar is dissolved and sweetened in water"

There is a scene (here is the entire scene) in KKK where Yakou was trying to dethrone Hajun, "the source of all evil", but to even qualify to even reach the Throne - you need a thorough understanding of all the "shades" of the past Throne gods to even make it there.

When learning about Mercurius's shade (in this scan), or his "Wave of Mercury", it is specifically stated that said Wave of Mercury can devor the mind - and that Yakou must resist it.

Here is the quote specifically:

Japanese: µÇØÞÇâÒéÆÞØòÒéǵ░┤ÚèÇÒü«Þë▓ÒéÆÒüùÒüƒµ│óÕïòÒÇéõ╗èÒüôÒü«µÖéÒéƵÇØÒüäÕç║ÒüÖÒü¿ÒüäÒüåµäƒÕïòµäƒµ┐ÇÒü½Õ▒×ÒüÖÒéïµäƒµÇºÒéÆÚºåÚÇÉÒüùÒüªÒüäÒüÅÒÇüÒüôÒü«þÅ¥Þ▒íÒü»

English: "Wave of mercury devouring thought. This phenomenon that brings destruction to the sensitivity of deep emotions."

I believe what I am getting out is obvious, the "Wave of Mercury" is the same thing as the "Mercurial Curse" - they are the Law of Foreknowledge and said law affects and corrodes the mind on a 1-A level. This is a mindhax which Mercurius exudes and Reinhard resists.

[Thanks to ALRF/SleepyTBubble for the translations and Ravenous4th for the scans - Both these guys are amazing and this CRT wouldn't have been possible without them, I am blessed to call them my friends.]

Conclusion/Tl;DR
In this CRT, I believe I have gathered sufficient enough evidence to prove two things:

1. That Mercurius's Sensory embodies and emanates his Law of Foreknowledge, and that this Law affects the mind in a variety of ways. The mental effects orginate from Mercurius's Hadou Law and thus are 1-A in potency. (This is furthur shown when Mercurius's mental effects are stated to be beyond the understanding of mortal minds, even to those of the demons of the LDO who have the highest 3-D mindhax resistance on the site and who are "above the realm of common sense" themselves - showing that the mindhax is greater than something from the "mortal world").
  2. Reinhard, being Mercurius's Apoptosis and only friend, is the only one shown to not be uncomfortable in Mercurius's presence and is able to resist the mental effects of Mercurius's Law on every single "level".
To explain it simply, Mercurius's Law causes him to emit mindhax that has different effects for each "level" there is, there are three "levels" and here are the explantions for how they all work:

Reinhard showcases by being Mercurius's friend and spending 60+ years together conversing in philosophy and playing chess that Reinhard is completely unaffected by the mental effects of Mercurius's being and his words.

Even Mercurius showcasing his "true self" barely has an effect on Reinhard - with him politely asking Mercurius to stop what he is doing because it is making everyone uncomfortable, making light of the fact that the rest of LDO are drooling on the floor and can't even think. Even Mercurius states that the others' (the LDO) minds and bodies (specifically not including Reinhard) wouldn't be able to take much more of what he was doing to them.

With all that stated, I believe that Mercurius should have passive and verbal 1-A mindhax and that Reinhard should have 1-A mindhax resistance for resisting it.

That's it - thoughts?

Agreed: 17 (Ionliosite, Ravenous4th, RotofBots, Qliphoth Bacikal, Ecstasy Amphetamine, SchroKatze, PsychoWarper, CrimsonStarFalle, DarkDragonMedeus, TISSG7Redgrave, Ultima Reality, Dziga, Paul Frank, Nepuko, The real cal howard, Setsuna tenma, Monarch Laciel)

Disagree: 0

Neutral: 0

I've asked a few more admins to look this over and give their take.

I'd say anywhere between 3-5 admin should be fine, but I don't know if we have a rule that specifically states anything.

already seen this and already gave my seal of approval but will say that I agree once again

Im becoming insane with repetition vaas was right

You simply can't get the "strongest verse" when there are Suggsverse and fan fictions out there.

One of the strongest? Sure. Strongest? There are countless number of fictions out there, and you simply don't know all of them.

But this is unrelated to the thread.

Ravenous4th said:
You simply can't get the "strongest verse" when there are Suggsverse and fan fictions out there.

One of the strongest? Sure. Strongest? There are countless number of fictions out there, and you simply don't know all of them.

But this is unrelated to the thread.
Press X to doubt

I dont think you could say its definitively the strongest, it's definitely in contention (especially with the new tier justification thats being brought up) but at that level its hard to distinguish it from the likes of Cthulhu Mythos or Umineko.

Has someone informed Monarch about this, we kinda need more staff and with him having knowledge on the novel ita even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back