• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shazam Movie (spoilers)

Otherwise known as OG Captain Marvel, looks like it'll be fun.

New trailer as of this time has some decent feats.

So This may be a spoiler but some pop funkos revealed that we may get the shazam family. This means that Shazam will have power granting abilities...most likely. How powerful do we think the seven deadly sins will be? Most likely they will be the reason Billy turns to the other kids. Dr.Sivana looks like he's on par with shazam so...how strong is Black Adam?

Guessing the sins and his family will all be around his league, maybe a bit weaker than Shazam. Black Adam should be able to take them all down initially and might even be a challenge for Supes' if he's in the sequel.

Shazam the Wizard will probably be the most interesting power wise since he's a Lord of Order (big magical head-honchos, usually around universal/low-end multiversal like Dr. Fate) in the comics, so we might see some proper magic hax (looks like he already has some Spatial Manipulation with the train), and possibly a big jump in tiers. Also interested in seeing his relation to the gods, and if there were others besides the Greek ones on Earth.

No one wants to give us the secrets :(

I did see a tv spot where it looks like Sivana reaches above the clouds while carrying shazam fairly quickly.

Here's a scaling question: Shazam has the power of Zeus. We've seen what Zeus is capable of. Am I jumping the gun here or could Shazam maybe scale to Zeus in power and abilities?

Probably not. Billy is a noob with the powers so its kinda iffy to say he can scale to Zeus. Maybe the Themyscira thing could be possible since that was a "Zeus is already dead" situation.

Hear Billy is explicitly growing in power kind of like Diana, so he might not be fully scalable, though he might at least by nuke-proof since he's immune to the weapons of man.

Like there are many Shazam and Dr. Sivana feats but everyone fears yielding a DCEU Shazam weaker than MCU Captain Marvel (?)

Like the DC Seven Deadly Sins pull off a Ferris wheel in difficulty.

Shazam casually strikes lightning, runs "really fast", catches a bus, and leaps tall buildings in a single bound.

Sivana vapes half of a metal statue.

And... *Maybe those are still more impressive than fuelling spacecrafts, punching warships and stopping missiles.*

Bc feminists will be triggered

So he'll be 8-C via lightning? Probably 9-B if it doesn't scale to his physical strength? I haven't watched the movie yet.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Bc feminists will be triggered So he'll be 8-C via lightning? Probably 9-B if it doesn't scale to his physical strength? I haven't watched the movie yet.
Likely. Also, at least Ferris wheel class lifting strength (direct feat)

(not even shown to be stronger than DCEU Aquaman - with current shown feats at least... concerning Comics Shazam lifted the Book of Infinite Pages with THE Superman)

Maybe the vaporisation feat needs further calculation as it takes ridoculously more energy to pulverise or even atomise objects than just to fragment them.

Also, punching speed needs to be measured - salmming a person at lightning speed can yield 2 kiloton TNT. Even slamming it at 3x sonic speed yields small building energy.

Ah Shazam's on the screen for some cinemas now. Go have a watch.

Feat happens here, looks like he vaped half a statue, so there's probably at least several cubic meters getting vaped at least. I think the vape value of steel is at least 60117.42 j/cc, since that's what I found for iron in this blog, so it looks like something in the city block range at minimum.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Is he said to be as fast as lightning or what?
Word of statement: yes.

Feat calculation: yet to do.

Ah, breaking/incapacitating an Iowa-class Battleship takes building class energy. So at least an unbound Carol should be at least this strong.

The best thing we have featwise is him vaporizing that statue. His fight with Sivana doesn't even reach the level of the Supes vs Zod fight in MoS mainly due to the lack of shockwaves and destruction.

He is, dare I say it, less impressive than MCU Carol Danvers.

Natse said:
His fight with Sivana doesn't even reach the level of the Supes vs Zod fight in MoS mainly due to the lack of shockwaves and destruction.
And the much lower budget

What's weird is that the fight in Chronicle had more destruction despite having like a fifth of the budget.

Imo the director was probably trying to avoid the disaster **** controversy. Assuming Shazam is financially successful and gets a sequel which takes place in the magical realms, I expect the cgi and thus the collateral damage to increase.

Also how would it be, with the other "shazams".

--If it were not because they only seem to inherit a power, they could scale Billy.

For example Darla is fast, but does not seem to have super strength.

I would say that they must be "At least 9-A", they should not be much weaker than Billy.

Mary is probably the worst one to figure out because aside from her flipping that monster, she doesn't have any inherent specialties. No flight, super speed, or super strength. It's like she's the anti-Billy.

Natse said:
Mary is probably the worst one to figure out because aside from her flipping that monster, she doesn't have any inherent specialties. No flight, super speed, or super strength. It's like she's the anti-Billy.

Mary is a Master of None

@Heatforce actually I think the next movie's got Adam (I mean the Rock's movie will be out in 2021 from what I've heard and It could be a good way to build up the budget to the Magic Realms)

I think the shazam family each have one ability that is on par with Billy and a lower degree of the other abilities. EX: Not quite sure what Mary was unique at (probably wisdom of Solomon) but she must have a degree of superhuman strength in order to flip one of the sins. Freddy can fly and he can fly fast but does not appear to move near as quickly as Darla who was runnung.

Hellbeast1 said:
@Heatforce actually I think the next movie's got Adam (I mean the Rock's movie will be out in 2021 from what I've heard and It could be a good way to build up the budget to the Magic Realms)
I wouldn't be surprised if he's saved for a third film but cameos in the second film (assuming shazam gets a sequel(.

Didn't Billy toss that Bully's truck into the atmosphere? It occured before he could fly and it took a good amount of time before the truck hit the asphalt. That should probably be his best strength feat but we need to know the truck make & model. Also, how long between the time it dissapeared until the time it crashes.

If it was thrown into the atmosphere, that car should have fell faster than it was in the movie.

Back