• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Shallow Vernal vs The Law of Identity

Two story-ending entities fight it out.
Epilogue vs Storyteller

1-A keys
SBA otherwise

Who wins this?

I'm 95% this will immediately become 'who has more layers' and subsequently make me lose all interest, but I thought I might as well do a 1-A match for once

Ah, there are the layers
This version is probably around baseline, yeah.

Shallow Vernal's Type 8 is from existing as long as stories exist, no? If so TLOI can do that.

Ah, there are the layers
This version is probably around baseline, yeah.

Shallow Vernal's Type 8 is from existing as long as stories exist, no? If so TLOI can do that.
It basically means it need to end everything including TLOI itself, but the main thing i saw at its profile is nep

According to the profile one needs to just end stories, though, something TLOI did canonically do.
Kinda the reason I thought this match might be interesting. They complement each other in that way.

According to the profile one needs to just end stories, though, something TLOI did canonically do.
Kinda the reason I thought this match might be interesting. They complement each other in that way.
you know she's "the end of the story" right? it means there's nothing TLOI can end here since she technically the end of the story itself

1b0635e2bfa8ea071bfea80921e314d6.png

Vernal is the last story and her story can only end after all others. TLOI can end all stories and exist after their ending.
I would say defeat is a possibility here.

1b0635e2bfa8ea071bfea80921e314d6.png

Vernal is the last story and her story can only end after all others. TLOI can end all stories and exist after their ending.
I would say defeat is a possibility here.
Except TLOI still exist as a story, which means TLOI contributes Shiro's immortality as a whole, I'm not asking whether TLOI can end every story besides itself, I'm asking whether TLOI can or will end itself in order to make Shiro's immo type 8 a moot

What makes you think TLOI exists in a story? She doesn't by her very nature.

Basically.
TLOI by nature transcends any story hierarchy. Her (true form) being part of any story would be self-contradicting, as it would mean she transcends herself.
That's also well demonstrated by the fact that she... well, ended all stories at the end of her verse.

Still haven't read Shallow series as the supporters already know, but I actually readed Ichiban novel (I hated it btw, like a lot), so based on what I know from Shallow, the Law of Identity probably hard counters her since her whole thing was hard countering stories regardless of anything, and she had done so basically an infinite amount of times.

Basically.
TLOI by nature transcends any story hierarchy. Her (true form) being part of any story would be self-contradicting, as it would mean she transcends herself.
That's also well demonstrated by the fact that she... well, ended all stories at the end of her verse.
That's practically the same as Shiro as she also transcend any story at her own verse imo

That's practically the same as Shiro as she also transcend any story at her own verse imo
The difference being in this case that in Ichiban theres actually a lot of beings (don't remember if there was actually an infinite amount of them) that create an infinite amount of stories, each stories having even different levels of complexity (which is something important that actually had quite the effect iirc), the Law of Identity still hard countered all, so at least in terms of plot manip Shallow probably is below the plot manip of Ichiban verse.

The difference being in this case that in Ichiban theres actually a lot of beings (don't remember if there was actually an infinite amount of them) that create an infinite amount of stories, each stories having even different levels of complexity (which is something important that actually had quite the effect iirc), the Law of Identity still hard countered all, so at least in terms of plot manip Shallow probably is below the plot manip of Ichiban verse.
That also sounds like Kuro who can generate infinite possibilities with her own plot manip but point taken

That also sounds like Kuro who can generate infinite possibilities with her own plot manip but point taken
Besides Kuro there is any other in the verse with plot manip? Because in Ichiban the outversal gods (don't recall if that's their actual name) are beings composed of stories itselfs who create an infinite amount of stories, as said before each even having different levels of complexity (which is something actually important), and are constantly competing between them with their stories, altering the others stories, ending them in certain ways, etc. So in principle is more than just simple generate infinite possibilities.

Besides Kuro there is any other in the verse with plot manip? Because in Ichiban the outversal gods (don't recall if that's their actual name) are beings composed of stories itselfs who create an infinite amount of stories, as said before each even having different levels of complexity (which is something actually important), and are constantly competing between them with their stories, altering the others stories, ending them in certain ways, etc. So in principle is more than just simple generate infinite possibilities.
In Isekai at peace, those who can manipulate plot is essentially one of the strongest there, so to answer your question, No, there's nobody other than Shiro who has plot manip other than Kuro that I know of

you know she's "the end of the story" right? it means there's nothing TLOI can end here since she technically the end of the story itself
She is the origin of all fiction, transcend, and consider it all just an imagination. In terms of power, I think that TLOI will win this fight.

From what I see yes TLOI takes it and she is a hard counter. And even if we considered shiro transcending every story in the hierarchy, that would presumably be the dimensional beings while it looks like TLOI includes outerversal beings if that matters.

If Tloi is still exactly baseline 1a then Epilogue will work fine. Considering the stuff above, however, Tloi transcends an innumerable amount of beings that are basically on the same level of existence as Shiro (probably even a bit higher from what I've read).
So yeah..

Yea i don't think Last Story matters here, TLOI seems to counter it.

That said correct me if i am wrong, isn't TLOI tiering based off like 2 ends, in both it is being the top of infinite layers of r>f stories, however the difference is in one the infinite layers is 1-A+ and in the other it's just High 1-B? Could be wrong there.

I am assuming that is the case since TLOI is baseline here, if so i wouldn't necessarily say either's plot manipulation is superior, but TLOI definitely has the counters to Shiro's.

That said correct me if i am wrong, isn't TLOI tiering based off like 2 ends, in both it is being the top of infinite layers of r>f stories, however the difference is in one the infinite layers is 1-A+ and in the other it's just High 1-B? Could be wrong there.
Not quite sure what you mean, but in this key she would be assumed to transcend an infinite story hierarchy above the afterlife (which itself is 1 R>f layer above real world, though that probably doesn't matter)

If the Epilogue as an ability can't permanently end Shiro (which is the case), how would that affect this match?

Not a lot, especially when TLOI lacks plot (which i dunno why it isn't listed in its profile)

But, Shiro's range covers infinite baseline 1-A range, so does it need to nuke everything in infinite baseline 1-A range to negate her immo type 8?

"Shiro's range covers infinite baseline 1-A range,"

Think you mean TLOI, and i am not sure if this has been stated to be the case

"Shiro's range covers infinite baseline 1-A range,"

Think you mean TLOI, and i am not sure if this has been stated to be the case
No i meant what i say

Shiro's range is infinite as it's established before, does that means her Last Story also covers infinite range too?

That seems like a huge stretch.

Infinite isn't mentioned in regards to the Last Story, as far as i remember, it's just said to be absolute, and not even the Epilogue (which is 1-A) can get pass it.

The Last encompasses any story in existence, and even something like her opponents story, but infinite stories above the Epilogue, aren't a thing.

That seems like a huge stretch.

Infinite isn't mentioned in regards to the Last Story, as far as i remember, it's just said to be absolute, and not even the Epilogue (which is 1-A) can get pass it.

The Last encompasses any story in existence, and even something like her opponents story, but infinite stories above the Epilogue, aren't a thing.
Huh, well alright then, I thought Shiro's Last Story stretched throughout infinite 1-A range so any story that still exist at the very edgy of her Authority should nakes her immo type 8 viable

But well, never mind then

Back