• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shakugan no Shana revisions

Thank you very much for helping out. It is very appreciated.

@Armorchompy @ElixirBlue @Everything12

Would any of you be willing to evaluate this as well please?
Most of the abilities and justifications had been accepted already; only a few hadn't, which is what lead me to compile more scans and update the listing.
It's this updated version that hasn't been evaluated, yet... it's been awaiting evaluation for a month now, and unfortunately ElixirBlue didn't come back and respond... If it's only you and me talking here, obviously there won't be much progress done...

I'll just repost everything here:

Like I explained a few times already, the point is simply to evaluate if the wording, scans and justifications of the abilities make sense and are valid to be used as they are. If something is amiss, then what is the issue, what would be further needed, or how should it be presented if the current presentation isn't good enough

Thank you for taking the time to review the "cosmology" abilities. It's greatly appreciated. I believe they can be used, then.

I'll continue my rewatch of the anime and gathering feats for the future profiles. Over time, some profile pages may pop up if there's nothing else to gather for them and if all the gatherable (is that a word?) feats have been calced.

I'll keep this thread updated with the process and progress of it all, or when more feats are ready to be calced.

Update.
I'm slowly but steadily making my way through Season 2. In parallel, I'm trying to calc feats along the way.

I simply have a question for future calc evaluations. I seem to recall something was said about trying to avoid putting multiple calcs in a same blog. Is that correct or am I misremembering? What if a single scene has multiple calcs attached to it?

Update.
I'm slowly but steadily making my way through Season 2. In parallel, I'm trying to calc feats along the way.

I simply have a question for future calc evaluations. I seem to recall something was said about trying to avoid putting multiple calcs in a same blog. Is that correct or am I misremembering? What if a single scene has multiple calcs attached to it?
It is a personal preference rather than a mandatory rule. If a single scene has multiple calculations attached to it, it is up to evaluate members to decide which one is the best.

Have the revisions that were accepted here been applied yet?

Okay. That is good then.

Should I close this thread or keep it open?

I'd prefer it stays open, so it can keep being used as the hub of Shakugan no Shana updates, changes and calcs, at least until I finish the show and all the important calcs are done. I feel it's easier than having to make a new thread, and allows an easy-to-follow "progress history" of the franchise on the site. If that's fine with you.

Update.
I have finished my rewatch of Season 2 of Shakugan no Shana. With that, I have gathered the abilities and characters shown in Season 2, as well as compiled a number of feats that I calced.
I have been compiling those calcs in a blog, but because there's a fair amount of them, I'll split them in a few separate ones.

Calcs
Purpose
The evaluation of these calcs will allow for an accurate statistics attribution for many characters of the verse. Said characters will have solid foundations for them to later be added to the wiki.

Last edited:
Update.
I have finished my rewatch of Season 2 of Shakugan no Shana. With that, I have gathered all the abilities and characters shown, as well as compiled a number of feats that I calced.
I have been compiling those calcs in a blog, but because there's a fair amount of them, I'll split them in a few separate ones.

I have posted the first few for evaluation. I'm posting them here as well, to track progress.
Once these start getting evaluated, I'll post the rest of the calcs.
@Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @Mr._Bambu @Therefir @DMUA @DemonGodMitchAubin

Would any of you be willing to evaluate these calculation blogs and then tell us here please?

Update.
I have finished my rewatch of Season 2 of Shakugan no Shana. With that, I have gathered the abilities and characters shown in Season 2, as well as compiled a number of feats that I calced.

I have posted the first few for evaluation. I'm posting them here as well, to track progress.
Once these start getting evaluated, I'll post the rest of the calcs.
@Psychomaster35 @CloverDragon03 @Dark-Carioca @AbaddonTheDisappointment @Aguywhodoesthings

Would any of you be willing to evaluate these calculation blogs and then tell us here please?

Update.

Calcs
Purpose
The evaluation of these calcs will allow for an accurate statistics attribution for many characters of the verse. Said characters will have solid foundations for them to later be added to the wiki.
Bump

The calcs aren't that scary, are they? They're fairly standard.
I had forgotten about it, but I furthermore linked this to the CRT Promotion thread. Hopefully, this will increase visibility. As always, I'm thankful for the help, Ant.
@Executor_N0 @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @Mr._Bambu @Therefir @DMUA @Damage3245 @DemonGodMitchAubin @Jasonsith @Wokistan @Armorchompy @Migue79 @Psychomaster35 @CloverDragon03 @KLOL506 @Dark-Carioca @AbaddonTheDisappointment @Aguywhodoesthings

Would any of you be willing to handle this please? This thread has been stuck for a quite long time now.

Okay. That is good at least. You can mention that I sent you and would appreciate some help in conjunction.

Update.
Well, after nearly a whole month, only two blogs have been evaluated out of the nine. My requests are generally ignored, so that's fun.
I mean, I'll keep asking, but progress is painfull slow.

If you link to the blogs that still need to be evaluated, I will ask our calc group members to help you out via a notification.

If you link to the blogs that still need to be evaluated, I will ask our calc group members to help you out via a notification.
Thank you for the help.

The remaining blogs left to calc are these:

Last edited:
Update.
Well, after nearly a whole month, only two blogs have been evaluated out of the nine. My requests are generally ignored, so that's fun.
I mean, I'll keep asking, but progress is painfull slow.
Thank you for the help.

The remaining blogs left to calc are these:
@Executor_N0 @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @Mr._Bambu @Therefir @DMUA @Damage3245 @DemonGodMitchAubin @Jasonsith @Wokistan @Armorchompy @Migue79 @Psychomaster35 @CloverDragon03 @KLOL506 @M3X_2.0 @Dark-Carioca @AbaddonTheDisappointment @Aguywhodoesthings

Are any of you willing to help out with evaluating these calculation blogs please?

A great deal of evaluation work for very little profile, but I suppose I can muddle through it.

A great deal of evaluation work for very little profile, but I suppose I can muddle through it.
I mean, the entire point is to use the results of these calcs to create more profiles.

The existing profiles are there because previous calcs regarding them have already been approved. You say there are currently few profiles, which is true, but they are characters who have had all calcs required to have their profiles made approved. The other characters don't meet those requirements, yet.
In my mind, since calcable feats do exist for this series, there's no point creating profiles beforing having those calcs evaluated. Otherwise, needless edits would need to be made every few evaluated calcs to update the profiles accordingly, which adds more work than necessary.

By the end of the project, the plan is to have the number of Shakugan no Shana character profiles on the wiki quadruple.

suffice to say that smothering me in yet more anime profiles is not the selling point you may think it is

Regardless, as I said, I am muddling through. Your Empire State Building calc needs worked on, by the way, I actually remember having looked at it before but decided I'd leave it to another CGM to see if they wanted to actually do the work for you. As that never materialized, I'll just say that you need to pixel scale.

I aplogize that you have to look at anime profiles when you clearly hate it, but I have no control over other calc members not responding to the evaluation requests.

As for the ESB calc, I had decided against pixel scaling initially because only the front of the building is fully shown, never the side, making one dimension missing to accurately calc the volume. I'll look into what I can do, though.
Since the calc happens on a building that exists in real life, I thought it was simpler to use the existing, documented measurements for it. Is that wrong?

Last edited:
Hah, aye. I know.

I had actually been suggesting pixel scaling the image of the ESB you pulled up with the squares. Currently you're just sort of generalizing it down within half a square or so, I think you can be more exact. It's definitely only going to be a "possibly" as is, due to the fact that you're assuming what floors get affected- even if it is a decent estimate, it's far from objective, even further than our usual calcs.

I had actually been suggesting pixel scaling the image of the ESB you pulled up with the squares. Currently you're just sort of generalizing it down within half a square or so, I think you can be more exact. It's definitely only going to be a "possibly" as is, due to the fact that you're assuming what floors get affected- even if it is a decent estimate, it's far from objective, even further than our usual calcs.
Alright, I'll try that tomorrow, because it's currently very late here.
In the meantime, I have responded on the blogs you commented.

I have updated the calcs and/or responded to your comments.
  • For the Empire State Building, I redid the calc using a different method and basing it more closely to what currently exists on References for Common Feats page. The calc is now much simpler and, hoperfully, correct
  • For Sydonay's blast, I'll take your verdict, but I responded since I'd like to fully understand how things work or don't work with feat interpretation.
  • For Wilhelmina's blast, I updated and calc and responded.
    • For the hollowness, I had initially used 80%, but in similar building destruction calc I made, Armorchompy suggested I use 90% instead of 80%, so I had changed it to 90% for Wilhelmina's feat but had forgotten to change it on Sydonay's feat. What's your take on the hollowness % that should be used for buildings? Jasonsith gave his opinion, but he says it depends on the type of building.

I have updated the calcs and/or responded to your comments.
  • For the Empire State Building, I redid the calc using a different method and basing it more closely to what currently exists on References for Common Feats page. The calc is now much simpler and, hoperfully, correct
  • For Sydonay's blast, I'll take your verdict, but I responded since I'd like to fully understand how things work or don't work with feat interpretation.
  • For Wilhelmina's blast, I updated and calc and responded.
    • For the hollowness, I had initially used 80%, but in similar building destruction calc I made, Armorchompy suggested I use 90% instead of 80%, so I had changed it to 90% for Wilhelmina's feat but had forgotten to change it on Sydonay's feat. What's your take on the hollowness % that should be used for buildings? Jasonsith gave his opinion, but he says it depends on the type of building.
@Mr._Bambu

Back