• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is about Lssj Broly not restricted Ssj Broly, so his scaling doesn't change, This is just why I think Lssj Broly is really downplayed here, this is why....

1)Takao koyama (wrote all of the movies and wrote hundreds of DB episodes) stated that Broly is stronger than anyone in the Anime

"Because he's the strongest. (laughs) Even including the TV anime, nobody exists in the world who's stronger than Broli."

This would put him above Ssj Vegito (Toei),who already in Base was beating Buuhan, and in a guide is stated to be comparable to Gogeta.

2) Koyama stated that he was unable to come up of a villain stronger than Broly

" I was unable to come up with an opponent stronger than Broli, and fell into a rut where I made him appear three times."

a.k.a Broly is stronger than both Janemba and hirudegarn, as he also wrot ethem both

Supporting Statement:

3)[Yamauchi stated that broly can destroys multiple Galaxies]

"He can destroy galaxies but is alone compared to Goku, whom he despises but has a family, just like Vegeta."

So Broly should be upgraded to at least 3-C+ Or 3-B,We use the same scaling for Mob.

So the Rssj Broly feat should be 3-B, as Broly destroyed the South Galaxies witch are 1/4th of the Living World, and even if he took 100 years to do so, it would still be 3-B as well as Yamauchi's statement,so everyone who is clearly above Rssj Broly should scale and became 3-B,this is indeed consistent, as Kid Buu was threatening the destruction of the Grand Kai planet,his fight with Goku was crumbling the kaioshin realm and Gogeta Lightning up all of Hell, and the feats we use now are really casual, one of them is literally just Goku screaming.

I'm okay with the reasoning.

The South Galaxy should be in reference to the Legit South Galaxy where South Kai has jurisdiction over. If Broly can destroy " South Galaxy" which is the quadrant that contains an unnumerable cluster of Galaxies, then I don't see why he wouldn't be able to destroy a number of galaxies especially if we have a statement from an Authoritive Figure.

PROBLEM though

This would either be an Outlier or the Movie in itself should not scale to the Toeiverse because that literally would make no sense for Broly to be stronger than Janemba and Hildegarn due to Goku being the one who over powered Broly being much weaker than his SSJ3 form past a Toeiverse Buu Arc.

So sadly if this was to even be taken to consideration, no one would scale save the individuals in that movie, specifically Broly and Goku.

The thing is, this is about Lssj Broly, Not restricted Ssj Broly, even tho the South galaxy being only 1 Galaxy is iffy, this isn't touching it.

And Goku overpowering Broly was only after he absorbed the power from Vegeta,Piccolo,Gohan, and trunks, and this amp isn't linear, as the power amp that Goku would have had if it was just adding there power to his, would be below 30%, and wouldn't make him one shot Broly, And giving your power to others gives a large amp in DB as after Goku got the power from Gohan,Vegeta,Goten and Trunks, his power was above Ssj Vegito in DBS even tho it wouldn't be ×5 multiplier if it just adds power.

And Koyama stated that Goku beating Broly was just because of plot and because he had no idea how to end the movie, in reality Goku wouldn't have stood a chance,a.k.a he literally said it was PIS.

"I was unable to come up with an opponent stronger than Broli, and fell into a rut where I made him appear three times."

This means that Broly is stronger than Goku's past villains. Janemba (Fusion Reborn) and Hirudegan (Wrath of the Dragon) came after the third Broly movie.

The other two statements seem fine though.

Well after that he states "That is to say, there's the matter of questioning the idea of Broli as the strongest. As you are well aware, vehement opinions on the subject have been flying back and forth on this message board, as well as a variety of [other] websites." The website he's talking about is the Toei website, where they stated that Janemba was the strongest movie villain, but after this interview, they deleted that statement. And he also States 'After much hard work, I was unable to come up with an opponent stronger than Broli, and fell into a rut where I made him appear three times' implying he wasn't able to make an opponent stronger than Broly till This day

So this would basically keep the scaling for Toeiverse Goku and stuff but massively buff Broly since his defeat was literally PIS?

Yes

So we would take all of Broly's defeats as outliers? Sounds fair tbh, all of them, specially the first one, made no sense at all.

Ionliosite said:
So we would take all of Broly's defeats as outliers? Sounds fair tbh, all of them, specially the first one, made no sense at all.
I think so, yeah given how the creator pretty much said "Yeah I didn't know how to defeat Broly so I just did... something" which screams PIS

The first one seems to be a joke, I wouldn't take it seriously tbh

The second one could be talking about before Janemba and Hirudegarn appeared. And it also seems to be hyperbole.

And the last one is technically true, he can destroy Galaxies in a certain amount of time.

Also, Death of the Author exists and Broly in his first movie lost to a SSJ Goku with the energy of the other Z fighters and in the second movie SSJ2 Gohan was still able to fight on par with him, and he got overpowered by 2 SSJ2 and 1 SSJ Kamehameha (or 2 SSJ and a SSJ2, idk). His showings say more than really vague statements and he is not the invincible villain most DBZ videogames think he is, lol. I disagree with this.

Well he wasn't joking, the only reason he laughed was because the question was "Why did Broli come back three times?" And after that statement he keeps talking about how Broly is the "mightiest being" couldn't die in a single movie and how lots of kids cried about "Brook's overwhelming strength"

Well it was after he saw Battle of Gods, a.k.a after the creation of Janemba and Hirudegarn, and how could it be hyperbolic?

Multiple Galaxies,also he probably meant in one hit

And Koyama stated that he couldn't come up with a way to beat Broly So he did that, and that in reality Goku wouldn't have stood a chance, and what do you mean by "Ssj2 Gohan was still able to fight on par with him"? Gohan was getting stomped, he couldn't even damage Broly, And this Gohan actually trained for the 7 years, so he's no weakling and Broly has a habit to supress himself so he can toy with his opponent, (him toying with Chi Chi)

And the only reason they won was because he first used way to little energy in the omega blaster and second they caught him off guard with Trunks then blasted into the Sun, and because he doesn't have fire Resistance, he burned and died.

And we only use death of the author when the statement contradicts what we see, which these don't, and this is the same scaling we use for mob to be island level

I still stand by that his showings aren't that impressive. Literally any SSJ2 Anime character can do what Broly did in the first movie. And Fat Buu can replicate what Broly did in his second showing.

Also, SSJ2 Adult Gohan was able to keep up and land hits on Broly, no way in hell he would have done the same to Hirudegarn and Janemba who are Beyond SSJ3 tier characters.

The statements can also be hyperbolic because Broly has still been portrayed as "untouchable" but against weak characters. Wasn't Fat Janemba in M12 also stated to be the strongest ki Goku felt despite he fought Broly? I don't think the statements made hold any real weight on Broly's strength. SSJ Broly in the second coming was = to his LSSJ in M8 and Gohan was able to fight him really fine.

And him busting multiple galaxies should scale to any movie character who's beyond him. Even though the statement could refer to Broly's feat of destroying a Galaxy over time, no reason to believe he meant Multiple galaxies in one shot.

That's Restricted Ssj Broly, Restricted Ssj Broly was so weak that even BASE Goku could make him bleed.

The Gohan in M10 was implied to have trained all the 7 years, and was keeping up with Ssj Broly Who is equal to his M8 counter part, a.k.a at least ×25 000 his restricted form,I don't think Buu could do the same.

And Broly didn't even flinch against his first punch and the only reason why Gohan didn't get one shotted was because Broly has a habit To play around with his opponent (Him toying with Chi Chi)

Also when did that happen? Can you give me a link? And it can be that all these statements are about M10 Broly, So we can just keep the M8 Broly at 4-A but make another key for M10 Broly And make him 3-B, but it doesn't really make sense.

Well Movie villains after him already have a 3-C+ feat.

As stated on his profile, Broly is 4-A for destroying sectors of the south galaxy. Which is one of the four galaxies that make up the universe. However, for the hundredth time, Úèǵ▓│ (Ginga) translates to both "Galaxy" and "Galaxies". When they say North galaxy, they mean to say North galaxies; it's a mistranslation.

So in reality, no Broly was not destroying sectors of a galaxy, he was destroying sectors of 1/4 of the universe.

This is supported by the fact that Broly was said to eventually destroy the universe.

Adem Warlock69 said:
Well after that he states "That is to say, there's the matter of questioning the idea of Broli as the strongest. As you are well aware, vehement opinions on the subject have been flying back and forth on this message board, as well as a variety of [other] websites." The website he's talking about is the Toei website, where they stated that Janemba was the strongest movie villain, but after this interview, they deleted that statement.
He doesn't seem to say one way or another, and unless the Toei website is edited by Akira Toriyama or other DB writers, the Toei thing wouldn't matter much (assuming that they took it down because of the statement).

And he also States 'After much hard work, I was unable to come up with an opponent stronger than Broli, and fell into a rut where I made him appear three times' implying he wasn't able to make an opponent stronger than Broly till This day
Well no, in the same interview he talks about how Broly would be a pushover to Beerus. The tenses show he was talking about how he was unable to think of a stronger villain immediately after Broly, which led him to make him appear two more times. However, it doesn't say he never eventually came up with a stronger villain.

Zamasu Chan said:
As stated on his profile, Broly is 4-A for destroying sectors of the south galaxy. Which is one of the four galaxies that make up the universe. However, for the hundredth time, Úèǵ▓│ (Ginga) translates to both "Galaxy" and "Galaxies". When they say North galaxy, they mean to say North galaxies; it's a mistranslation.

So in reality, no Broly was not destroying sectors of a galaxy, he was destroying sectors of 1/4 of the universe.

This is supported by the fact that Broly was said to eventually destroy the universe.
This is extremely important. That 4-A feat isn't him destroying a galaxy on a short timespan - he's destroying 1/4 of the whole universe.

Well I don't know who edits it, but I know it was created by Toei and it's their property also he's likely talking about all the movies as he states 'In handling the scripts for the films' implying he's talking about all the movies he wrote then he states
'After much hard work, I was unable to come up with an opponent stronger than Broli, and fell into a rut where I made him appear three times. in this context he means all the movies
'That is to say, there's the matter of questioning the idea of Broli as the strongest. As you are well aware, vehement opinions on the subject have been flying back and forth on this message board, as well as a variety of [other] websites.' this wouldn't make sense if it didn't mean all the movies, as no website stated Bojack is stronger than broly, but there's the toei website which stated Janemba is stronger than any movie villain and he gets lots of questions about who's the strongest movie villains in his message board and not a single one is limited to those before Bio broly.
but it really doesn't change much as his first statement already makes broly 3-B

Zamasu Chan said:

This was while in his Nerfed Blue Haired Restricted Super Saiyan State.

found this calc, that calced the 4 Broly universal statements [one from paragus,one from piccolo,one from trunks and the last one from a canon guide]

Movie 8 Dragon Ball Z: Broly ― The Legendary Super Saiyan takes place in an alternate dimension during Cell Saga.
Goku was at age of 31 Years during the Cell Saga.
Broly was at a similar age as Goku therefore in Movie 8 Broly is at a age of 31 Years.
It was stated multiple times that Restricted Broly is a threat to the Universe.
Assuming that Saiyans can live 100 Years then Restricted Broly has 69 Years to Destroy the Universe.
Using this we can figure out how Powerful Restricted Broly is.

Restricted Broly's Power = Energy required to destroy the Universe / Time take
Restricted Broly's Power = 7.1181410155955957088e+92 Joules / 69 Years
Restricted Broly's Power = 7.1181410155955957088e+92 Joules / 2176260000 Seconds
Restricted Broly's Power = 3.2708137e+83 Joules/Seconds.

Tho this would ruin the entire toei verse scaling with the broly movie, and would probably makes these an outliar

I agree with Zamasu's 3rd comment. First of all, Broly is not the strongest toeiVerse villain; he was at the time but not now. Especially since he was fought and defeated around Cell Saga, he should be Anime Cell saga cast level.

And also, the "Four Galaxies" are obviously much more than galaxies and those a mistranslation. Those are the four quadrants of the universe which clearly consists of hundreds of billions of galaxies each. However, there is not a known timeframe, and the best calculated feat at the time was 4-A. So I don't see any changes that need to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back