• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sergio Bonelli Comics Discussion Thread

N. 0 was goodish, but I don't have many faith in it either.
yeah it was, I bought both editions (the Joke/Xabaras one and the Dylan/Batman one) because I knew it would be nigh impossible to find afterwards. The problem is that it was like 5 pages long and most was taken by a retelling of the first fight between Xabaras and Dylan drawn by Cavenago

@Twellas I did the same for the same reason (about the crossover)

Also, since we are dropping feats, here's an oraoraoraoraora of things I've taken pictures of in the past (not to be calculated yet, since the pictures are bad, just for fun).

Shapeshifted master vampires bursting out of the ground and eating ships, human-form master vampires yeeting a piano and lifting a rock, an undead (i.e. former human turned vampire by a master) demolishing a wall, a relativistic+ speed statement (there's another of which I don't have a picture yet) and scaling.

If I had to eyeball them, the first two feats might get 9-A/8-C, and there's some good LS stuff. Dunno how I feel about Relativistic, depending who it scales to, considering the MC uses guns afaik.

It would only scale to Ameshas (a couple of important characters) and very strong master vampires, but it wouldn't to the main character, since he either fights and kills them once they are weakened or catching them by surprise, tricking them, seizing opportunities with external help and such, he never engages in proper 1v1 battles with them at full power, and not all master vampires are on the same level, that one is one of the strongest.
Though, the MC managed to briefly slice him with the knife while he was running away in another issue, it's a reaction feat but not even nearly comparable to him.
The MC being faster than a normal human is consistent through statements and feats throughout the series, but he can't run as fast or keep up in combat with master vampires. He is actually slower than undeads, but can briefly battle and quickly kill them in 1v1, mostly with his superior skill and tricks.

Last edited:
I also want to add some one-of villains with interesting dynamicws and feats, such as Urizen, who shakes a huge oil rig from 1 km under the surface of the ocean or Nobody because... you know, multiversal statement and low 2-C feat and also because he's the protagonist of the best Dylan Dog story ever written don't @ me

True, it'a just a bit of a shame that representing most of those characters is nearly impossible.

It would also be cool a digital service for Bonelli, which would make reading their comics much more convenient and eas, instead or searching for hundreds of past issues or just buying all of them every month.

Btw, i still haven't figured out how to put both the scan and the text in a single link, pretty sure it cannot be done on Imgur

ok, I put the notes and weaknesses on Dylan's profile, check if you want and tell me if I messed something up

Oh I see how it is, you gonna make me scroll back up for the link just like that huh

Jokes aside, looks pretty good to me.

btw, since Dylan has a bunch of bullets full of Dampyr's blood in his arsenal, could you tell me how his blood works? Is it specifically against vampires or what? @SamanPatou

That would be optional equipment, but I don't think all its powers (because Dampyr's blood has a bunch of different properties) can be translated to Dylan's version, even because it normally works only on Masters of the Night and Undeads, which are not supernatural vampires, they are aliens coming from another dimension and humans turned undeads, while I think DD's vampires are more like the classic ones.

The only things I think translates is durability negation on vampires (applied to common fiction vampires I guess, give how they are represented in DD) and matter manipulation for sticking on bullets and other objects (It's stated that Dampyr's blood temporarily changes objects on a molecular level, giving them the same properties of the blood)

The only things I think translates is durability negation on vampires (applied to common fiction vampires I guess, give how they are represented in DD) and matter manipulation for sticking on bullets and other objects (It's stated that Dampyr's blood temporarily changes objects on a molecular level, giving them the same properties of the blood)
just off of what is shown, they'd have some sort of immortality negation due to killing vampires who can take headshots no problem and regen negation due to them also regenerating from the same headshot no problem
You mean adding a description like this?
oh, that's convenient, but is it acceptable for the scans?

Yes, Dampyr blood in fact has dura negation, regen negation and usually hit vampires catch fire, but I don't know if that happens in DD.

I think it's better to just link the scan on the blog and type the text under the link, it should also be easier, am I right?

Yes, Dampyr blood in fact has dura negation, regen negation and usually hit vampires catch fire, but I don't know if that happens in DD.
yeah, what I was wondering is: Is it specific to only vampires or does it work on all kinds of undead and such?
I think it's better to just link the scan on the blog and type the text under the link, it should also be easier, am I right?
it's better and easier for multiple scans about the same thing, but not for single unrelated scans; opening a blog for every single scan doesn't seem that convenient

It works only on vampires. Former humans turned vampires in Dampyr are called undeads, while Master Vampires are living creatures.

I mean, a blog with multiple scans is perfect, you just put the text of each under their link, like this.
Link to the pic
italian text
english text
repeat.

Imgur descriptions should be good, but the text must stay on the blog anyway.

Potentially we can make multiple blogs divided for multiple purposes and argument, what is important is to keep the relevant text and links on blogs.

so something like, a blog just for AP feats, a blog just for speed feats, a blog just for abilities etc? (even tho most speed or AP feats don't need stranslations)

I think you can handle them as you please and how you think is better.
Only visual feats and accepted calculation don't need blog and can be put as they are. (I'm waiting confirmation in the staff thread for the former, but I don't think there will be problems)

I saw, but I didn't consider them because the judgement of normal users doesn't count (even though it is appreciated).

Yeah, he's been "approving" a lot of my calculations for whatever reason. I don't mind it but it is a bit odd.

I don't have any idea if this can be considered a feat and of what kind, or even if can be somewhat calculated, but I'll give it a try.

Basically, during the prehistory this vampire has been punished by other master vampires, who mutilated him removing his legs and arms and then sealed him underground. In this issue, some of his slaves manage to escape after thousands of years and bring him some blood, which he uses to partially regenerate and put his organic matter inside the rock he was imprisoned, turning it into a stone armor.

That seems like some kinda manipulation hax, probably can't be scaled to AP

Looking at what other masters can do with their bodies, probably he inserted his regenerated flesh inside the rock and then then broke it, but it's really weird to understand how he applied the force etc...
Well, I tried at least.

This is another LS I found, where a vampire pushes a jeep, but it's kinda irrelevant (I think) considering the previous ones I sent.

I see. Then it's probably higher into 9-B than the door throw, but I don't see any way to pixel scale a measure into it, so i don't think it can be calced

Back