• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sergio Bonelli Comics Discussion Thread

yeah, good luck with Diabolik, he might have even more issues than TEX in terms of raw numbers
According to Wikipedia, there are currently 887 regular issues, against the 723 of Tex, but the latter has several side-series to be counted, which would make him surpass the one-thousand, I think. (Some of those volumes also have 2-3 stories each).

btw, I've made a sandbox for Dylan, I barely started working on it, and I couldn't even put the picture because I'm complete ass when it comes to this stuff and I just can't figure it out, here it is, if you wanna help out or just follow

I think I'm not gonna edit it for a while, given how I also have to work on the Hokuto no Ken revisions

btw, do you know a way to link both a scan and text at the same time for the italian scans? I usually use Imgur, but it can't do that

hhhh Jesus christ I'm struggling so much with making the blog, I can't figure out how to properly display the scans, can I just link them and write down the italian text with the english translation right below on the blog?

Yes, I suppose you can and that's what I will do.
Just add the link to imgur and both texts below.

I think more context would be needed, mostly how and why this affects Dylan in every day life, how did he enter there, how did he leave (same for other characters) some stuff about the story itself in which the zone appears, if you physically cross it or you just go there with your mind, because mesmerization is something like hypnosis, right?
also how this place is built, given that we see streets, a library and that weird cosmic door.

But, for now, it seems all well done, there's time to hone everything, we have no hurry.

I think more context would be needed, mostly how and why this affects Dylan in every day life
I will tackle this in his Weakness section, since Dylan doesn’t believe he’s immortal and thus acts as if he wasn’t
how did he enter there, how did he leave (same for other characters)
You mean the actual parallel dimension? He just teleported out of the blue, same for the other characters. He leaves by... leaving, inhabitants of the zone can access any universe and time from the Zone
some stuff about the story itself in which the zone appears
what I presented is basically all we are told
f you physically cross it or you just go there with your mind, because mesmerization is something like hypnosis, right?
as I said in the opening, it’s both a mental place and a physical space. The invabitants are always in the mental space and can seemingly just teleport to the other, spatial one. You don’t have to be in the physical zone in order to be immortal
also how this place is built, given that we see streets, a library and that weird cosmic door.
the town is just a normal, physical town where all the inhabitants have been mesmerized. The actual Zone is often shown to look exactly like the physical town, but it’s implied in another issue that inhabitants can simply warp it to represent what they want. The door is never explained, what I’ve shown is what we get

I think all these things are just accessory suff, I’ll explain them in case it’s needed in a thread

Still working on the calc's finer details, but I can confirm that it'll likely end up Street level- the end I'm already confident about is 5974.752 Joules

It would be good including these things in the blog, overtime, since it will be evaluated by staff members, it needs to be as clear as possible.
Then, if they have more questions it can be fixed at the time, but those are the things that came on my mind on the fly.

Armor, could you calc this, whenever you have time?
I don't want to take advantage of you, so take all the time you need.

Nah dw mate, I'm super happy to help, feel free to always ask me for calcs if you need 'em, if I don't feel like it at that point or can't do them I'll just say it lol

That said, I'm not quite sure how I'd go about this one. It's being knocked off its hinges, right? I could probably calc the ke of it flying away, but that'd be quite a bit of assumptions. I'll think it over a bit and tell you if I can think of anything.

Ok, street tier is also consisteng with him fighting off massive wolves, punching Groucho so hard he passes out for several hours and his father/previous incarnation bisecting monsters with one sword stroke

It might end up in the lower part of Wall level, depending on which end is accepted. Which I'd say is still consistent.

Nah dw mate, I'm super happy to help, feel free to always ask me for calcs if you need 'em, if I don't feel like it at that point or can't do them I'll just say it lol

That said, I'm not quite sure how I'd go about this one. It's being knocked off its hinges, right? I could probably calc the ke of it flying away, but that'd be quite a bit of assumptions. I'll think it over a bit and tell you if I can think of anything.
Thank you, I always feel guilty when asking stuff to others.

For the calc, I can ask some calc member to give you suggestions.

I will put it in the calc evaluation thread, My yellow tag will drag more attention to it.
What level of priority does it have?

I will put it in the calc evaluation thread, My yellow tag will drag more attention to it.
What level of priority does it have?
I'd say 1, I mean DD is the main protag and I feel most characters without better feats would scale to it. Go 1-2 to be safe

btw, do any of you have an idea of the joules yield for the Bodeo? I'd guess 9-C, but I want to be sure. Also, disecting someone with a single sword stroke is also Street Level, right?

I've always wondered how decapitation and other cold weapon feats translate in terms of physical strength.
The blade does most of the work, but you still need a certain level of physical strength to use it.

Cutting something's always easier than destroying it with blunt force, but cutting a head off in one strike is probably not THAT impressive, it used to be a method of execution, though with axes or specifically designed heavy swords.

Ah, right. Can you tell it's been a while. Well, it is still a revolver, though it was used in WW1 before the Beretta was a thing. I found this. Bullet weight is at most 11.6 grams and muzzle speed is 250 m/s. Its KE would be 362.5 Joules, barely Street level... kind of pathetic, but that's about right for an old pistol with small bullets. It'd also give him Subsonic+ attack speed.

Back