• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
So I've been working on a big ol' revision for Dylan Dog, reading... essentially all the comics for him that I could find which is a hell of a lot, given this comic's been running for almost four decades now. I've already read 216 issues (Which are all 94 pages each, or longer in case of special ones, so that was a hell of a lot of Dylan Dog), and I feel like this is enough to update the profile, doesn't mean I'm stopping but this is a shitload of additions and changes already, so I think making a thread is worthwhile here. New profile here.

Ability Changes​

So, first off, I'm moving the Twilight Zone stuff to its own key. As the profile explains better, TZ stuff gives Dylan Mid-Godly regeneration and renders him completely immortal. This... is obviously contradicted by a lot of stories, for example check out Albo Gigante 22 where Dylan is rendered comatose from a gunshot to the head (for several days, much longer than the regeneration time of the TZ people). So, you would expect this to just have been retconned away, right? Well, it's a bit difficult to say that because there's a few stories where Dylan still has these abilities (Keep in mind that he explicitly never knows he does), most notably Dylan Dog #77, where you see Dylan centuries in the future, when all the world has died, and he's still alive without any clue how- and the reveal at the end is indeed that he's immortal thanks to the TZ. So, I'm putting the abilities in a tabber of their own- see it as a "possibly" rating of sorts, just with the note that we don't know if this is the writers forgetting, a case of the series' negative continuity letting them pick and choose, or some unexplained in-verse mechanic (and this is without even getting into the possible meta-narrative explanations which would be very in-character for the series). Note 2 is modified as a result.
  • Ability Removals:
    • NPI: Death is capable of appearing to people when it wishes, and presumably make itself tangible as well (It's shown to interact with the physical world on occasions)
  • Ability Additions (Reasoning is in the sandbox, just listing them here for clarity):
    • Martial Arts, Acrobatics, Dream Manip/Telepathy, Genius Intelligence, Preparation, Supernatural Willpower, Photographic Memory, Healing, Dimensional Travel, Breaking the Fourth Wall and Causality Manipulation, Info Analysis, Pressure Points, Vehicular Mastery, a few resistances
    • Plot Manipulation - Dylan's (accepted) Probability manip is also just... textbook plothax.
I also added a lot of scans to pre-existing abilities and stats.

Statistics​

So, I think Dylan's stats are right as they are, I just don't think the current calculations are. The Mr. Dark feat might very well be aim-dodging, given that Dark is already ducking by the time we see Dylan fire (it happens in the same panel) - it could be a legit feat but there's similar ones that are more unquestionably "true" bullet dodges, and I'd favor those. As for the AP feat, the fight took place in a run-down factory or something and the floor visibly takes seconds to break, so I don't think Dylan is really 100% punching through the whole thing I think he's just helping it fall apart. Nevermind that wood this thin and wide would probably break a bit easier than our frag values would suggest.

AP will unfortunately be downgraded a bit as a result, I calculated a few backup feats but nothing is as high as the Mr. Dark calc:
A bit lower, but very consistent. As for speed, we actually get an upgrade, to the tippity-top of Supersonic (Same blog as above).

Also I put 22 scans of DD kicking down doors in his AP section because honestly it's just really funny to me that he does it so much. Don't ask me to make it shorter. I will not do it. In fact I will probably make it longer the second I find more. This is a threat.

Other Characters​

Most characters I want to finish reading up on, but I'm done with reading Killex' stuff, changes are detailed here alongside a picture that I think is better than the current one. TL;DR more feats especially from the Batman crossover, but also partial Telepathy removal because the feat is achieved more by Dylan than Killex himself. Oh yeah BTW there's a Batman crossover, here's his profile.

This looks all good, I'm fine with having a different tab for the Twilight Zone stuff because it's objectively quite a mess to fit in with the reast of the canon, although I guess it's gonna cause some confusion in potential VS matches (but then again, he's unlikely to ever get any match so, whatever)

Just waiting for the Groucho profile now.

Nice, Groucho profile gonna be when I finish up the series (or get sick of reading it) so like, in a while

The wiki site still works like shit on my phone, so I can't really see everything in full detail and I don't have the energy to go on my iPad right now.

But everything here should be good to go

bump i found a feat that makes DD's universe 2-A but i'll keep that for a future crt

I also found an actual explanation for the Twilight Zone stuff, there's just straight-up two Dylan Dogs running around, one normal and one in the TZ. This doesn't really affect how the stuff is split so again, I'll keep it for the next CRT.

This seems fine to me. I’m especially in favor of putting the TZ stuff in its own tab, given the OP’s explanation

Who tf is Dylan’s Dog 😭

In all seriousness, this looks fine to me. Good stuff

Back