• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Self-Sustenance type 1 and a "possibly higher" rating for the impostor?

You like Among Us and are saying the Crewmates don't wear spacesuits? Say these gameplay events contradicting the idea then

You really need to get your eyes checked man, you keep missing large parts of my posts. But just for you, I'll quote it again. Be sure to read it fully this time.
I wear glasses and have multiple computer screens

You seem to have missed my large text
Two words: Fashion Sense
Have you ever heard of a Holiday named Halloween?

the medbay scan reading the crewmates color can be explained with the fact it can also scan their ID and could be displaying what color was assigned to the crewmate

Or does it simply scan the crewmate's biometrics and match that up to an ID it has stored? That seems more likely to me given the animation and general idea of a medbay scan. Do we even see the ID number listed on it in any other minigame where we actually see the crewmate's IDs?

To be fair i wouldn't walk around a alien planet with several tasks without a spacesuit

It's not like it was uninhabited before, so it seems a little weird to keep it on. And that part was written as a response to Ican't saying "Obviously they're wearing spacesuits, look at where they are!"

The scan could just be good tech

I still don't see the reason for "spacesuit colour" to be something that comes up in a medbay scan of all places.

You seem to have missed my large text

Funny that you think I missed it despite me quoting and responding to it.

Do you guys have like, literally anything from the game's description or from the developers actually saying that they're wearing spacesuits? Because if so I'd be fine to drop it.

As some more asides, the sprite for the dead bodies does not at all look like normal humans wearing spacesuits. Their insides are the same colour as their outsides. And it still seems very ******* weird for both crewmates and imposters to die almost immediately after being airlock'd out if they're actually wearing a spacesuit.

Last edited:
Responding to Agnaa's response to my response and others

I was doing what you did with this
Responding to Agnaa's newest post

The Impostors show up alive

Extreme Temperatures: Are we jokes to you

That's what I did
and more, I would put more but I don't feel like putting too much evidence unless you ask for it

Akidwholiketopowerscale shall help with that

Never once in this thread did we claim The Crewmates are humans. Time skips exist in games.

Never once in this thread did we claim The Crewmates are humans. Time skips exist in games.

Even if they're not humans, it seems like their outside-look is less of a fashion choice on a spacesuit, and more of a biological reality. Given how the insides of their bodies are the same colour as their outsides, and how the medbay scan identifies their colour.

And if we're willing to say that they're aliens... Why not aliens that happen to look sorta like jelly bean spacesuits?

there might be no insides in the bodies and the suits may just be empty
and we also think that they are in spacesuits because they are literally in space

there might be no insides in the bodies and the suits may just be empty

This is impossible by the game's visuals.

and we also think that they are in spacesuits because they are literally in space

In one/two maps. One map they're in space, one map they're in a facility sitting in a planet's atmosphere, one they're on the ground of a planet.

"Impostors have self-sustenance type 1 because they survive when winning by oxygen. Them dying to the airlock isn't an anti-feat because there's other things that can kill you in space."

"There are other things that can kill you in space, but only oxygen loss could kill you that quickly."

"They wouldn't die quickly from oxygen because they're wearing spacesuits."

"But they're not wearing spacesuits."

That's how this chain of discussion started.

we already went over the self-sustanance in another discussion thread
they shouldn't have self-sustanance
i believe they are wearing suits but i am unsure if they are spacesuits since they clearly don't help them breathe in space

There is a theory that The Crewmates are really wearing hazmat suits but it's too head canon to be used

> This is impossible by the game's visuals.

Again the crewmates may not be humans

> In one/two maps. One map they're in space, one map they're in a facility sitting in a planet's atmosphere, one they're on the ground of a planet.

You just said a reason why they would be wearing spacesuits.

well we agreed that the impostors aren't actually wearing suits and are just mimicing them with shapeshifting
and since we agreed on that the crewmates wearing spacesuits doesn't matter since they have nothing to do with this discussion and we can stop talking about this

i mean stop talking about if the crewmates are wearing suits or not because that doesn't matter
all that matters is the impostor's aren't wearing suits

Not taking sides, just‘d like to point out that ‘Personally, I had the impression the Impostors don’t care what happens to them’ is complete headcanon, while what is being said here is being stated from in-game showings that actually have a basis (aka we see them being alive). Head canon of a characters intentions and/or actions is no basis to say ‘No, they don’t survive the reactor’ Or other sabotage screens where we see them alive as well.
This headcanon is also contradicted by the gameplay. Why would they actively try to blend in with the crew and sneak around, if they don’t care what happens to them in the first place? They certainly have both the tools and methods to kill everyone else, so The head canon doesn’t make sense.

> This is impossible by the game's visuals.

Again the crewmates may not be humans

I was responding to someone suggesting that the crewmates are just the suits with nothing inside. This is impossible because we see ******* bones inside the suits. Know what you're responding to.

You just said a reason why they would be wearing spacesuits.

Wow, on few maps they sorta have a reason for wearing spacesuits, but that's contradicted by the actual gameplay and visuals. I wonder which should take priority?

Not taking sides, just‘d like to point out that ‘Personally, I had the impression the Impostors don’t care what happens to them’ is complete headcanon, while what is being said here is being stated from in-game showings that actually have a basis (aka we see them being alive). Head canon of a characters intentions and/or actions is no basis to say ‘No, they don’t survive the reactor’ Or other sabotage screens where we see them alive as well.

If that was my entire argument then I'd agree that it isn't enough.

This headcanon is also contradicted by the gameplay. Why would they actively try to blend in with the crew and sneak around, if they don’t care what happens to them in the first place? They certainly have both the tools and methods to kill everyone else, so The head canon doesn’t make sense.

Because if they get found out immediately then they'll die without killing the crewmates/stopping them from repairing the facility. I'm saying that their goal is to kill them (or maybe stopping them from repairing the facility), even if they can't keep living afterwards, like if they're stranded in space with a completely non-functional spaceship. While this headcanon is obviously not enough on its own, it is consistent with the gameplay.

I was responding to someone suggesting that the crewmates are just the suits with nothing inside. This is impossible because we see ******* bones inside the suits. Know what you're responding to.
I was giving a reminder that we don't know the species of the crewmates.
Wow, on few maps they sorta have a reason for wearing spacesuits, but that's contradicted by the actual gameplay and visuals. I wonder which should take priority?
POLUS is a hot planet, in Mira HQ there is clouds in the sky (that could be poisonous), The Skeld is in space. I just explained to you what you are agreeing with, those things help prove they are wearing Spacesuits. There are only three maps in Among Us and what I'm saying is consistent with the gameplay and visuals.

I was giving a reminder that we don't know the species of the crewmates.

Oh so you were just saying something irrelevant to the conversation that I knew already. Neat.

POLUS is a hot planet

As we can tell from the temperature sensors that is extremely misleading. The lava pool is hot, as it would be on any other planet, but the outside seems to be a roughly normal level of coldness. Comparable to a very chilly place on Earth, but nowhere near as cold as the vacuum of space.

And again, even if some contextual stuff shows spacesuits not being out of place, there's still actual gameplay stuff that contradicts it.

ah you misunderstood me i ment that when the impostor kills the crewmates they eat everything except the bone and that's why we see the bottom of the suit

As we can tell from the temperature sensors that is extremely misleading. The lava pool is hot, as it would be on any other planet, but the outside seems to be a roughly normal level of coldness. Comparable to a very chilly place on Earth, but nowhere near as cold as the vacuum of space.
Another reason to be wearing suits then
And again, even if some contextual stuff shows spacesuits not being out of place, there's still actual gameplay stuff that contradicts it.
Lore>Gameplay

there is very little lore but yeah the gameplay doesn't really contradict a lot
the crewmates wearing clothes over their suits is simply just customization

Again, if there's any lore actually saying that they're wearing spacesuits I'd drop this point. But it seems like there isn't, and I'd take the actual gameplay things that contradict it over vague implications.

So these people wear spacesuits in 10 colours, which they wear clothes over the top of, which they leave on people that they shoot out of the airlock, which they leave on even when walking around on a planet, and which can somehow be detected by a medbay scan?
As some more asides, the sprite for the dead bodies does not at all look like normal humans wearing spacesuits. Their insides are the same colour as their outsides. And it still seems very ******* weird for both crewmates and imposters to die almost immediately after being airlock'd out if they're actually wearing a spacesuit.

The different colors are because it's important to differenciate which player is which with a glance, otherwise the game would be much harder, the clothes thing is just further customization (Clothes don't even have a functional propouse), then the fact they never take the spacesuits off is for something I like to call the "Cubone Complex".

You know how in the Gen. I games there is one Cubone whose mother has killed by Team Rocket and now he wears her skull, but then every Cubone you find also wears a skull without any explanation? Well, same thing here. They wear spacesuits because they are astronauts, but there's no explanation to why they never take them off.

About the interior of a Crewmate having the same colour as the exterior...

Buddy, it's not a PG 13 game, you won't see any realistic insides.

Sure, differentiation and customization. I don't expect losing those points to be enough to overturn my argument.

Not necessarily realistic insides but at least a consistent internal colour instead of the same colour as their exterior. You can have cartoony consistent stuff, you're creating a false dichotomy between realistic insides and everyone being the same colour as their "spacesuits".

Also you didn't respond to any of my stuff about the airlocks and medbay scans...

well the screen could simply be showing that the impostor was alive till the end of the game
i honestly thing self sustenence should be rated as a posible ability since there is too much speculation going on

However, crewmates might be aliens after all. The reasoning is that after death, their ghosts are also wearing spacesuits. Pretty weird for souls after death, isn't it?

Back