• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Self-Sustenance type 1 and a "possibly higher" rating for the impostor?

Rodri_"Dante"

Hablo español.
Joke Battles
Administrator
So when the impostor sabotages the reactor and nobody manages to fix it on time, the victory/defeat screen shows that the impostor is alive (They would be a ghost otherwise), which would imply that they survive the reactor meltdown. Same happens with the oxygen, and I believe any "instant win" sabotage from the other maps (I would have to check).

The main contradiction would be that the impostor dies if they are ejected into space, but it's not like the lack of oxygen is the only thing that could kill someone there.

Also: "Can cause technological crises such as depleting the oxygen, reactor meltdowns, and turning off the lights at a far distance, albeit through unknown means"

baveniT.png

Yes, that's I'm getting at.

The page implies that the hacking is done trough unknown methods.

what can happen when a reactor meltdowns, does it always explode? (Talking about reactors in general, not just the game)

Power plants don't normally explode in the traditional sense, more like they just melt.

AP: Street level, possibly higher (Should be comparable to their durability)

Dura: Street level, possibly higher (Implied to survive the reactor meltdowns, though the details are unclear)

Then what does "survive a reactor meltdown" warrant? Heat resistance, radiation resistance? What is the danger you suffer from it?

That why it's a "possibly" and not "likely".

Then again, I'm not in charge of the wording.

So the impostor can also survive the sabotage of the Seismic Stabilizers, but I doubt that counts for anything.

I guess that means surviving the bases falling apart via earthquakes, but that can be escaped by fleeing and is impossible to qualify

Anyway, this seems pretty unanimous, should the changes be applied?

I'm not a huge fan of this. I personally had the impression that the Impostors just wanted to kill the Crewmates and were fine with dying themselves.

If you think about it in the long term, how are they supposed to survive a reactor meltdown? They're in a ship, they can't do the tasks, the ship's incapable of flying.

I'm not sure about taking that winning screen as good evidence either. We can see from the gameplay that Imposters turn into ghosts near-instantly after being sent out of the airlock. OP did mention that lack of oxygen isn't the only thing that can kill you in space, but it is the only thing that could kill you that quickly. Freezing and radiation would both take quite a bit longer.

And if y'all're willing to dismiss that small timeframe as game mechanics... Why not dismiss the victory screen that's meant to show how many imposters were alive at the end of the game as canonical and not at all game mechanics?

I wrote four paragraphs, you wrote three sentences. With how extremely vague your responses are I have no clue what you're responding to.

Only Mortivza seemed to believe that.

I have no clue how this is relevant? I give you my opinion and you say someone else also held that opinion?????

We don't know if The Imposter are dead in that screen.

So you agree with me? Because the OP literally starts off by saying that they survived.

Because it's consistent.

So you disagree with me? Consistent with what?

> I have no clue how this is relevant? I give you my opinion and you say someone else also held that opinion?????

I was trying say that not to many people agree with you

> So you agree with me? Because the OP literally starts off by saying that they survived.

No, to quote the OP "but it's not like the lack of oxygen is the only thing that could kill someone there."

> So you disagree with me? Consistent with what?

Bingo I disagree with you, in the Crewmate win screen it shows all of the crewmates that are alive and that's the same thing with The Impostors

> If you think about it in the long term, how are they supposed to survive a reactor meltdown? They're in a ship, they can't do the tasks, the ship's incapable of flying.

The Impostors are supposed to be intelligent canonically so they would have likely thought of a survival method

No, to quote the OP "but it's not like the lack of oxygen is the only thing that could kill someone there."

Did you miss the part in my original message where I explicitly responded to this?

Bingo I disagree with you, in the Crewmate win screen it shows all of the crewmates that are alive and that's the same thing with The Impostors

Did you miss the rest of my post where I argued against using these win screens?

The Impostors are supposed to be intelligent canonically so they would have likely thought of a survival method

They're canonically smart, therefore they can survive on a ship with a melted-down reactor in the middle of space with all of the ship's technology broken (and unable to be re-powered, with the whole melted down reactor issue), despite being incapable of completing any tasks!

Talk about a reach.

If you think about it in the long term, how are they supposed to survive a reactor meltdown? They're in a ship, they can't do the tasks, the ship's incapable of flying.
We never see the meltdown or what effect it ends up having on the ship, that's why is a "possibly".
We can see from the gameplay that Imposters turn into ghosts near-instantly after being sent out of the airlock. OP did mention that lack of oxygen isn't the only thing that can kill you in space, but it is the only thing that could kill you that quickly. Freezing and radiation would both take quite a bit longer.
Lack of oxygen also wouldn't kill them that fast because they are wearing space suits. Like, how fast can you run out of oxygen while wearing one?

We never see the meltdown or what effect it ends up having on the ship, that's why is a "possibly".

Even if the meltdown causes no damage, at the absolute minimum, it would make the reactor inoperable. Even if it doesn't explode and destroy everything, the ship will not be able to fly any more, the imposters will either die or float in space forever.

Lack of oxygen also wouldn't kill them that fast because they are wearing space suits. Like, how fast can you run out of oxygen while wearing one?

How do we know that they're wearing space suits?

Even if the meltdown causes no damage, at the absolute minimum, it would make the reactor inoperable. Even if it doesn't explode and destroy everything, the ship will not be able to fly any more, the imposters will either die or float in space forever.
Yes, at an unknown point in time after they win, not immediately.
How do we know that they're wearing space suits?
The Crewmates do, and they also die instantly. Clearly oxygen isn't the problem.

Look at them and where they are at

So these people wear spacesuits in 10 colours, which they wear clothes over the top of, which they leave on people that they shoot out of the airlock, which they leave on even when walking around on a planet, and which can somehow be detected by a medbay scan?

Yes, at an unknown point in time after they win, not immediately.

Why would they need to survive to win? Why is it better for them to survive for a few weeks after they kill all the crewmates before inevitably dying, than it is for them to die at the same time as the crewmates because they can't survive without oxygen either?

The Crewmates do, and they also die instantly. Clearly oxygen isn't the problem.

I asked how you know something, and your response is just "They do." C'mon man...

> So these people wear spacesuits in 10 colours, which they wear clothes over the top of, which they leave on people that they shoot out of the airlock, and which they leave on even when walking around on a planet?

Two words: Fashion Sense

> Why would they need to survive to win? Why is it better for them to survive for a few weeks after they kill all the crewmates before inevitably dying, than it is for them to die at the same time as the crewmates because they can't survive without oxygen either?

We all die at some point and weaker people sometimes die quicker

I included a ton of shit that referred to actual gameplay events contradicting the idea that they're wearing space suits, and your response is just "fashion sense", lmfao.

I do not understand the mental gymnastics you're going through here to try and simultaneously justify "They live while they win" and "Winning condemns them to death".

Everything is the same function. Nothing is changed except the color.

So? We don't even know their ages, nor what they look like behind the suit canonically, because it is player dependent. You saying they die faster because they are weak is jackshit compared to the times they were thrown out of Mira HQ to fall to their death or sink into the lava at the same speed and time, in Polus.

Ok, let's start from the beginning:

The victory screen implies they survive the reactor meltdown (And oxygen depletion). What happens after that is irrelevant.

We know that what the crewmates wear are spacesuits because that's what the creators intended, to show that they are astronauts by making them wear spacesuit. Why they never take them off is a different topic.

If what happens after that is irrelevant, then we wouldn't even expect crewmates to show as dead on the results screen, I wouldn't think that most people would die the second that a huge ship's oxygen machine stops working. And even if they do, wouldn't that, theoretically, imposters might just be able to survive a few seconds or minutes longer than normal humans without oxygen? Self-sustenance can only be granted if the character can indefinitely survive without that resource.

How do you know that's what the creators intended? And do those things actually outweigh the gameplay counter-evidence I showed? It's not just that they never take them off, it's that they wear them in completely useless situations, and somehow the medbay scanners are able to detect the colour of their spacesuits.

(Also if you really wanna start from the beginning you could respond to my initial post)

Last edited:
i'm pretty sure the impostors just shapeshifted to mimic spacesuits
and the crewmates are wearing real suits

> I included a ton of shit that referred to actual gameplay events contradicting the idea that they're wearing space suits, and your response is just "fashion sense", lmfao.

You like Among Us and are saying the Crewmates don't wear spacesuits? Say these gameplay events contradicting the idea then

> So? We don't even know their ages, nor what they look like behind the suit canonically, because it is player dependent. You saying they die faster because they are weak is jackshit compared to the times they were thrown out of Mira HQ to fall to their death or sink into the lava at the same speed and time, in Polus.

I was saying that The Imposter are stronger than The Crewmates but they will still die at some point. Depending on the player's choices The Impostor can die after all of The Crewmates

You like Among Us and are saying the Crewmates don't wear spacesuits? Say these gameplay events contradicting the idea then

You really need to get your eyes checked man, you keep missing large parts of my posts. But just for you, I'll quote it again. Be sure to read it fully this time.

So these people wear spacesuits in 10 colours, which they wear clothes over the top of, which they leave on people that they shoot out of the airlock, which they leave on even when walking around on a planet, and which can somehow be detected by a medbay scan?

Back