• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Among Us Upgrades and Downgrades

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Okay, so here's the deal. I think I've gathered a decent amount of info for Among Us on both sides of the coin. First, let's get to the upgrades.

Impostor Upgrades

The Impostor has gotten himself a nice set of AP upgrades. Here's what I can gather.

Right Hand Man Impostor: As the Right Hand Man, the Impostor can char/vaporize an Among Us guy.: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Flashlight237/Among_Us:_The_Right_Hand_Man

This would give the Right Hand Man Impostor 9-A at a range from 0.05624109103 to 0.05871339775 tons of TNT (the accepted end) with his eye laser thing. The range of the kill is still pretty limited depending on game settings.

Meltdown Sabotages: Critical sabotages take 60 seconds to perform, but once time's up, the Impostor earned himself a victory. While suffocation really means nothing in the Vs debating environment, causing nuclear reactors to explode does: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Flashlight237/Among_Us:_The_Reactor_Meltdowns

I didn't do Mira HQ because the map was pretty small and didn't necessitate a calc to me, but for the Skeld and Polus, I calced the following values.:

Skeld: 14.40069292 tons of TNT
Polus: 5.440746653 tons of TNT

This should give the meltdowns High 8-C to 8-B, or Large Building level to City Block level.

I personally think the most likely answer to the Impostor's survival is he managed to escape before the meltdowns took their toll on the crewmates. I say that because nobody in the game could take a single hit apparently. These guys consistently die from terminal velocity falls, drowning in lava, and being thrown out into space. Of course this is pure speculation since all that shows up is the victory screen.

They do get an ability expanded on, however.

Shapeshifting: As a Shapeshifter, the Impostor can shapeshift in-game. While lore already had the Impostor as a shapeshifting parasite, the Shapeshifter role shows how the Impostor does it. The cocoon itself is a little hard to identify. It looks like a bubble, but at the same time, there's a plantlike base. Splash art shows the Shapeshifter looking like a skinwalker, however.

Crewmate Upgrades

Okay, allow me to put this is terms you guys would understand: New roles exist. New roles good. New roles go in profile.

Come on, I can't believe I have to use a CRT to point out the very obvious. It should be common sense to just add the blindingly-obvious in without seeking approval from anyone.

Engineer: These guys can vent just like impostors albeit with limitations that are probably character-based. Engineers can't vent while comms are sabotaged, and they have sanitation issues. These guys should scale to Impostors in travel speed.
Scientist: These guys have a device that allows them to monitor the vitals of everyone within a certain range (about 68 meters based on The Skeld, likely higher if the Airship can be measured for length). This should give them minor Information Analysis since all it really does is show who's alive and who's dead (or "ded") and their heart rates. They can be D/C'd if (A) the trackers get destroyed (ejection in Polus) or (B) they go out of range (ejection everywhere else).
Guardian Angel: These guys serve to protect Crewmates from Impostors, doing so with a force field. This force field nullifies any attack from both both normal and Right Hand Man impostors, but in exchange the force field shatters upon impact. This force field wouldn't have a durability rating and would instead be a form of Damage Reduction (specifically Damage Minimalization) since even though it can take the more powerful attacks from a Right Hand Man impostor, it shatters even from a normal attack from a regular impostor.

Downgrades

So, this calc?: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...come_to_the_Airship#Crewmates_lift_trash_bags

Even though the lifting strength portion stayed, the AP portion was retroactively rejected. Another attempt to get an AP rating was done, but that was pocket-veto'd due to the feat being a representation of the trash bag being pulled out regardless of how fast the feat was done.

Because of this, it's best to downgrade Crewmates and regular Impostors. Crewmates would be back down to 713.6 joules while regular Impostors would be back down to 3-3.9 kilojoules. Unlike most downgrade threads where the OP would be hellbent on downgrading a verse or character, I feel this downgrade can be adverted through the following ways.:

1. The linked trash bag calc gets re-evaluated.
2. The calc for the standard "Impostor explodes the head" deal everyone who isn't the victim sees is done.
3. Calcs for other kills done to a Right Hand Man crewmate are done. The old corpse visual (best found in color articles like this one: https://among-us.fandom.com/wiki/Red ) would be the best image to use to measure the thickness of the skin due to its more frontal appearance. This should allow people to get the lateral area of the metallic "skin" of a Right Hand Man crewmate.

Things That Don't Go Either Way

Intelligence-wise... Here's official evidence of how stupid Crewmates can be at times:

That's more of a footnote than anything that would affect anyone's intelligence ratings, however.

But yeah, there's that.

Amogus
template-when-the-imposter-is-sus-sus-jerma-1568-0c6db91aec9c.png

Right Hand Man thing should be fine as an accepted calculation.

I don't think anyone should remotely scale to the reactor meltdown. As you yourself point out, they die to far less and we don't even know if they can survive that- just that their goal (killing the crew) is achieved and they win as a result.

Shapeshifting is fine.

Okay, allow me to put this is terms you guys would understand: New roles exist. New roles good. New roles go in profile.

Come on, I can't believe I have to use a CRT to point out the very obvious. It should be common sense to just add the blindingly-obvious in without seeking approval from anyone.

I don't know why you're trying to condescend with the introduction of roles but like... it is our standard to add things via a CRT, homedog. Even if it is obvious. Chill out. It isn't as though you're working on the most enlightened verse anyways.

Regardless: Info Analysis for the Scientist is fine, via equipment, as is the forcefield thing.

Since you seem to be trying to get a way to not-downgrade the verse, I'll wait until these things are actually done to comment on them.

A joke Twitter gif is not representative of actual lore.

It could. Be marked as possible in their intelligence.
Hard disagree. We have taken Twitter statements from serious speaking creators in the past. The Among Us Twitter, however, is not that.

Right Hand Man thing should be fine as an accepted calculation.

👍

I don't think anyone should remotely scale to the reactor meltdown. As you yourself point out, they die to far less and we don't even know if they can survive that- just that their goal (killing the crew) is achieved and they win as a result.

I wasn't going for having that as a durability feat, just an AP feat for one of the things an Impostor could do. I'd be as rock-stupid as Konosuba's Aqua if I went for durability deal when all the anti-feats make you question whether durability even exists for these guys.

Shapeshifting is fine.

👍

I don't know why you're trying to condescend with the introduction of roles but like... it is our standard to add things via a CRT, homedog. Even if it is obvious. Chill out. It isn't as though you're working on the most enlightened verse anyways.

Bro, Among Us was basically the biggest game in 2020 next to Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Good luck not coming across anything related to it. Also, as the perfect analogy for this scenario, this is what this "do a CRT for the obvious" is like.:

Businesses, Legal Entities, and Most Vs-Debating Entitites: Okay, this guy stole something right in front of us. Let's catch him!
VBW: We just saw this guy steal something right in front of us, so you better give us a 1000-word essay on why we should catch him or else you're getting reprimanded for vigilantism!

Or in a Vs Debating environment, that's like rejecting a scan because "needs CRT" when everyone else would look at the same scan and say, "okay, this guy proved his point, X wins!" Literally the reason why I've been condescending towards people here for the past year is I'm convinced people here are actively trying to defend mistakes that are too hard to ignore, and it's only worsened because of the whole R>F debacle. I'm sorry, I just can't with this site sometimes..!

Regardless: Info Analysis for the Scientist is fine, via equipment, as is the forcefield thing.

👍

Since you seem to be trying to get a way to not-downgrade the verse, I'll wait until these things are actually done to comment on them.

👍 If I can be so bold, I even considered doing the neck-snapping the "Right Hand Man" one myself.

A joke Twitter gif is not representative of actual lore.

Try telling that to all the people in the Friday Night Funkin' CRT who are convinced that a blue-haired plush doll is 7 feet tall and his girlfriend weighs as much as a forklift.

I wasn't going for having that as a durability feat, just an AP feat for one of the things an Impostor could do. I'd be as rock-stupid as Konosuba's Aqua if I went for durability deal when all the anti-feats make you question whether durability even exists for these guys.
...even more against it, then. Sabotaging a reactor is not equatable to AP.

Bro, Among Us was basically the biggest game in 2020 next to Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Good luck not coming across anything related to it. Also, as the perfect analogy for this scenario, this is what this "do a CRT for the obvious" is like.:

Businesses, Legal Entities, and Most Vs-Debating Entitites: Okay, this guy stole something right in front of us. Let's catch him!
VBW: We just saw this guy steal something right in front of us, so you better give us a 1000-word essay on why we should catch him or else you're getting reprimanded for vigilantism!

Or in a Vs Debating environment, that's like rejecting a scan because "needs CRT" when everyone else would look at the same scan and say, "okay, this guy proved his point, X wins!" Literally the reason why I've been condescending towards people here for the past year is I'm convinced people here are actively trying to defend mistakes that are too hard to ignore, and it's only worsened because of the whole R>F debacle. I'm sorry, I just can't with this site sometimes..!
It doesn't matter how popular it is. We have our standards, surely you have been here long enough to understand them? ****'s sake guy, it's not a big deal lmao. If you want to add something to a profile, make a CRT, get it added. It is such a minor issue to be this steaming mad over.

Try telling that to all the people in the Friday Night Funkin' CRT who are convinced that a blue-haired plush doll is 7 feet tall and his girlfriend weighs as much as a forklift.
...no?

also, like... Animal Crossing? That was your first thought for the next biggest? Among Us was hyped up, sure, but Animal Crossing?

Final Fantasy VII did 3.5 million in three days, Cyberpunk had eight million before it even released, so on and so forth

this is an unrelated tangent of course but Animal Crossing being the biggest game released in 2020 is a weird call

It doesn't matter how popular it is. We have our standards, surely you have been here long enough to understand them? ****'s sake guy, it's not a big deal lmao. If you want to add something to a profile, make a CRT, get it added. It is such a minor issue to be this steaming mad over.
You say that as if it were ever that simple. Mate, you have any idea how many of these things go dead in the water because regular members basically have zero weight on them no matter how many of them agree or disagree with them? Doesn't that alone show you how unreliable CRTs are? I've been here for five years and the only thing I understood about your standards is how unreliable they can be half the time. I can understand the need of a peer review, and heck, I think citations becoming necessary might be the best step forward for this wiki... But at the same time, I've had beef with Calc Group members just because I used and cited university sources even though university sources normally blow .com sites like this one out of the water in terms of reliability. It's such an issue that I was even considering a CRT designed to educate people about the reliability of .edu, .gov, and .org sites just because I genuinely want this wiki to understand how important it is to be reliable (no, I don't consider accuracy to be the same thing as reliability in this case). I ain't steaming mad over any of this. I'm really not; I even consider calcs and coming up with the essay needed for threads like this a personal brain exercise. I'm just astounded at how backwards things are half the time, all in a thread about jellybeans killing jellybeans.

You say that as if it were ever that simple. Mate, you have any idea how many of these things go dead in the water because regular members basically have zero weight on them no matter how many of them agree or disagree with them? Doesn't that alone show you how unreliable CRTs are? I've been here for five years and the only thing I understood about your standards is how unreliable they can be half the time. I can understand the need of a peer review, and heck, I think citations becoming necessary might be the best step forward for this wiki... But at the same time, I've had beef with Calc Group members just because I used and cited university sources even though university sources normally blow .com sites like this one out of the water in terms of reliability. It's such an issue that I was even considering a CRT designed to educate people about the reliability of .edu, .gov, and .org sites just because I genuinely want this wiki to understand how important it is to be reliable (no, I don't consider accuracy to be the same thing as reliability in this case). I ain't steaming mad over any of this. I'm really not; I even consider calcs and coming up with the essay needed for threads like this a personal brain exercise. I'm just astounded at how backwards things are half the time, all in a thread about jellybeans killing jellybeans.
Mate, I am a staff member. It isn't going dead. To put it bluntly, quit your bitching. Beef with people with the patience to beef, I am trying to evaluate your bloody CRT. This thread is doing fine, I just really hate the snotty attitude when I've done nothing but help.

Things That Don't Go Either Way

Intelligence-wise... Here's official evidence of how stupid Crewmates can be at times:

That's more of a footnote than anything that would affect anyone's intelligence ratings, however.

Then they dont eat anything?

Self-Sustance to AmungUs

Mate, I am a staff member. It isn't going dead. To put it bluntly, quit your bitching. Beef with people with the patience to beef, I am trying to evaluate your bloody CRT. This thread is doing fine, I just really hate the snotty attitude when I've done nothing but help.
Right. Sorry if I caused you any more trouble than I'm worth. It's just... -sigh- Hard for me to keep a steady head here when I've been feeling like I've been shoved around this past month. I need a break.

Right. Sorry if I caused you any more trouble than I'm worth. It's just... -sigh- Hard for me to keep a steady head here when I've been feeling like I've been shoved around this past month. I need a break.
Breaks are good if the wiki is wearing on your mind, and everyone on here is generally fairly understanding of the need for them.

I encourage you to consider that most of the staff just want to help (not me, I want to sleep) and are trying their best. I'm sorry you've had negative experiences with the bureaucracy of this place, it's sort of the trade off for the improvements we've made, unfortunately.

Regardless. @Crabwhale @Tllmbrg @Qawsedf234 This is a petty ass ping, but would one of you mind taking a gander at this short thread? If you have no problems besides those I've taken issue with, two staff member approvals are sufficient to pass this through, methinks.

Regardless. @Crabwhale @Tllmbrg @Qawsedf234 This is a petty ass ping, but would one of you mind taking a gander at this short thread? If you have no problems besides those I've taken issue with, two staff member approvals are sufficient to pass this through, methinks.
More or less I'm with everything you said. The reactor core explosion can also have issues since the Imposter can be far enough away to just non-fatal levels of damage.

Doesn't that alone show you how unreliable CRTs are?
While I sympathize with you, CRTs are ultimately fudemental. If they weren't required we'd have a dozen Tier 0 Saitama edits per day. Even if they feel redundant they are needed. It also helps with tracking purposes and getting a understanding of why certain things were accepted.

2. The calc for the standard "Impostor explodes the head" deal everyone who isn't the victim sees is done.
If I remember correctly, on that Twitter account you're using as an argument, it was said that crewmates eat by osmosis, and that they only have a bone instead of a skeleton (it was said/implied repeatedly). I think that imposters blowing up a crew member's skull with a pistol couldn't be 3 - 3.9 kJ if they only have a bone and not a skull as such. Unless you mean something else.

-pings me for an Amogus thread
-while he knows my internet is down
I will unscrew your foramen magnum from your atlas and shit down your oesophagus.

-pings me for an Amogus thread
-while he knows my internet is down
I will unscrew your foramen magnum from your atlas and shit down your oesophagus.
why the hell would I know your internet was down

why do you insist on serving up the most cretinous threats every time

there is beauty in simplicity, Crab

Back