• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Self-evident intelligence revisions thread

Yeah ofc, I do not see in the capacity to affirm if my evaluation is correct without first seeing Ant's evaluation.

It seems like Extraordinary Genius to me.

Voldemort (Harry Potter)

Considered the most gifted Student to ever attend Hogwarts, revolutionised dark magic and has several instances of performing feats and inventing abilities that were initially though to break the very laws of magic, including flight and other abilities never done before such as Necromancy, having 7 horcruxes etc.

He essentially completely changed an entire civilisation’s understanding of a magic system they had been using all their lives for countless generations in numerous different fields equivalent to different sciences, how is he not an extraordinary genius.

Not enough for Extraordinary Genius IMO. As the profile says, Genius seems fine.

Not enough for Extraordinary Genius IMO. As the profile says, Genius seems fine.
He pretty much has numerous equivalents to Einstein’s theory of relativity in different fields of magic/science except if humanity had been working under the understanding that the theory of relativity could in no way be accurate for centuries

Reading again the wall of text on his profile don't seems like an Extraordinary Genius. Genius seems fine, tho idk if Ant's has a different POV.

Gifted (Is far above regular undead in intelligence, Has lived countless lifetimes, even if most of that was spent asleep beneath the Desert Temple. Has knowledge about the prophecy that crowned Archie as the Arch-Illager.)
This is not Gifted at all. Above Average seems more appropriate here.

High (Akali is a highly proficient assassin, having been trained to kill since the moment she was able to walk. Having been personally trained to use shurikens by [[Kennen]], personally trained in the ninja arts, stealth, and subterfuge by Shen, as well as developing her own fighting style of emphasizing speed and agility over strength and becoming a master of the kama and kunai. Her skill is so great that she succeeded her mother as the Fist of Shadow when she was only a teenager, and despite not possessing any innate supernatural abilities like Shen and Kennen she was considered just as deadly as them.)
Gifted.

Gifted (Experienced police officer and martial artist)
Average or Above Average at best.

Last edited:
Gifted (Is far above regular undead in intelligence, Has lived countless lifetimes, even if most of that was spent asleep beneath the Desert Temple. Has knowledge about the prophecy that crowned Archie as the Arch-Illager.)
This is not Gifted at all. Above Average seems more appropriate here.
Agreed.
High (Akali is a highly proficient assassin, having been trained to kill since the moment she was able to walk. Having been personally trained to use shurikens by [[Kennen]], personally trained in the ninja arts, stealth, and subterfuge by Shen, as well as developing her own fighting style of emphasizing speed and agility over strength and becoming a master of the kama and kunai. Her skill is so great that she succeeded her mother as the Fist of Shadow when she was only a teenager, and despite not possessing any innate supernatural abilities like Shen and Kennen she was considered just as deadly as them.)
Gifted.
"Unknown. Gifted in combat." perhaps?
Gifted (Experienced police officer and martial artist)
Average or Above Average at best.
"At least Average." is probably fine.

"Unknown. Gifted in combat." perhaps?
Yes, I was thinking about it since there was no clear intelligence feat, but more of a combat feat. Well, I will apply the changes according to what was previously said.

Okay. Thank you for helping out.

Also, I think it's best that you rest, seeing what happened earlier in the staff thread. Your hard work is appreciated but it is not advisable to overextend yourself even more. Ty.

I unfortunately still haven't finished my workload for today. Maybe in 2 hours or so if I hurry up.

I see, maybe I can understand you a little bit since I have had massive university workloads that even for almost 2 days I couldn't sleep (More than once.) and felt like I wanted to die (Literally), but I understand, I won't continue with the topic.

Genius, he is an extremely cunning leader and manipulator
Self-Explanatory, not genius at all. At least Average seems more appropiate.

Immense, he is one of the most intelligent people, if not the most intelligent, of the Noblesse verse. Over 820 years prior to the start of the story (Story begins in the year 2011) he had already developed extremely advanced modification technology, and his research is the source of all the inventions by the Union, an organization that specializes in modification and technology and advanced weaponry. In addition to his incredible academic prowess, Frankenstein is also a brilliant tactician and a highly skilled combatant who has had centuries of combat experience against a variety of foes; he has defeated many enemies that outclassed him in terms of raw power for this reason.
Genius should work or if you think a flat Genius is not enough, then At least Gifted, likely Genius may work too. He has many more intelligence feats in the manhwa but they don't seem to be integrated into the profile yet.

Last edited:
I wanted to take a closer look at Homer Simpson's intelligence here. Right here's a list of things pertaining to his intellect I found on his page from the Simpsons wiki:

• Homer may just be a normal man, but he has had many great achievements and experiences in his life. He has won a Grammy, an Academy Award, a Pulitzer Prize, been to space and saved Springfield many times.
  • He built a jungle gym, a costume of Florida for Lisa, a birdhouse and spice rack for Marge (however, these are shabby at best and two of them actually fell apart). He also remodeled his kitchen when Marge felt insecure about hers after meeting the neighbor's deluxe one, however, this was more because he felt emasculated when Marge tried to phone a contractor.
  • Homer has a vacuous mind, but he is still able to retain a great amount of knowledge about very specific subjects. He often shows short bursts of astonishing insight, memory, creativity, and fluency with many languages! Homer is also extremely confident; no matter how little skill or knowledge he has about anything he tries to do, he has no doubt that he will be successful. However, his brief periods of intelligence are overshadowed by much longer and more consistent periods of ignorance, forgetfulness, and stupidity. Homer has a low IQ due to many factors. Some of which include: his alcohol problem, exposure to radioactive waste, repetitive cranial trauma, and the crayon lodged in the frontal lobe of his brain. He also implied that he would have been at least a bit smarter and more athletic, if not by a substantial amount, if his father had tried to give him encouragement rather than beat him down. Another large factor of Homer's unintelligent is his inheritance of the "Simpson Gene" which causes all male members of the Simpson family to become more and more unintelligent as they grow older. It is also implied Homer repeated second grade, most probably due to the Simpson Gene kicking in.
  • But what is probably the biggest cause of his simple-mindedness was an incident that happened when he was six years old and goofing around by shoving a 16 pack of crayons up his nose. When he had shoved all of them up his nasal passage he sneezed the crayons out. Not all of them, however. Unbeknownst to him, one of the crayons got lodged in the right lobe of his brain. Homer would not learn this fact until adulthood when he was forced to take a job as a human guinea pig to support his family where the crayon was found in a 3D x-ray of his brain (shortly after Dr. Hibbertadmits that every time he ever viewed an x-ray of his brain he would always unknowingly block the crayon with his thumb which is why it was never found before). The doctors tell Homer that they could possibly try to remove the crayon via surgery and it would either greatly increase his intelligence or kill him. After a slight consideration, Homer chooses to take the risk. The operation ended up being a great success and with the increased blood flow in his brain, Homer's intelligence skyrocketed.
  • His intelligence was said to jump up fifty points when he had the crayon removed, bringing him to an IQ of 105, slightly above that of an average person (though he showed far above average intelligence), but he went back to his old self when he had it reinserted, presumably lowering his IQ back down to its original 55. This IQ score is, however, likely a joke or oversight on the producers' part, as someone with an IQ of 55 would be unable to look after themselves and would be classified as severely mentally handicapped. Also from the level of intelligence, he showed it's much more likely that his IQ was boosted to 135-155. Despite his handicap, Homer does have a degree of long-term, calculated planning of what might happen, such as when, shortly before taking his "forget-me-shot" from Moe Szyslak, requested for their anniversary party to have a Moon Jump, due to realizing exactly what will happen afterwards.
  • Additionally, in his youth, Homer was once a very talented gymnast, even catching high school Marge's eye with his ability. Unfortunately, his father's lack of faith in him caused him to blunder in front of the entire school, which promptly led to the end of his career.
  • Homer also is a proficient bowler. He once bowled a perfect game, leading to short-term fame for him.
  • One skill that remains somewhat constant throughout the series is his musical talent. Homer can play the guitar amazingly well, play the piano like a natural, and became an accomplished singer and songwriter. He has been part of several bands which were all extremely popular. He won a Grammy for barbershop, numerous golden records for his grunge band, which is a music style he also invented, and was able to help Lisa win a music contest using songs he wrote for her. While laying on his back, Homer possesses a powerful operatic voice that while at hospital stops crying babies and even revives a flat-lined patient, leading him to become a wildly popular opera star. He is a great conductor being able to lead the untrained kids of Springfield Elementary into playing a flawless rendition of Stars and Stripes Forever He also been shown to play the bass.
  • Like Bart, Homer is a polyglot, someone with the ability to pick up languages fairly quickly, perhaps even a hyper polyglot (a polyglot fluent in more than six languages). He has been shown to speak Spanish, Chinese, Penguin and Drunk and when he and Bart were imprisoned in Japan for a seemingly short amount of time due to unknowingly assaulting Emperor Akihito, he was able to speak the language fluently by the time he left. He was also able to pick up a few Indian words by watching Apu and Manjula argue. He was also shown to mimic people's voices especially well. This was evidenced in a flashback in Grampa vs. Sexual Inadequacy, where Homer, after watching a televised speech made by then-President John F. Kennedy, proceeded to flawlessly mimic Kennedy's speech pattern and mannerisms.
  • In addition to being able to accomplish what no man of his health and standing could, Homer has been able to accomplish things that defy all logic and reason whatsoever, such as causing cornflakes and milk to burst into flames and cause a nuclear meltdown in a testing van, despite no fissionable materials being present in it at the time.
  • Even though Homer is consistently depicted as being unpopular his entire life, he has been able to incite a mob on multiple occasions. He has incredible sway over crowds and is able to motivate people for just causes, such as shutting down the nuclear plant, and also to calm down an angry mob- something very difficult to do- such as when he prevented the destruction of Springfield's burlesque house. Like Bart, he is almost always made leader in whatever bizarre situation he comes across, although, unlike Bart, that leadership isn't always appreciated, such as when Homer becomes the leader of the Stonecutters, which shortly afterwards causes all of the members to quit.
Anyone know where this would put his intelligence at?

Let's see, the profile indicates Homer's intelligence at "Below average" and sometimes "Above average likely Gifted". After reading all that text, practically the rating of the profile is correct, I would have removed the "likely Gifted", but I think it can be kept because of this feat.
Like Bart, Homer is a polyglot, someone with the ability to pick up languages fairly quickly, perhaps even a hyper polyglot (a polyglot fluent in more than six languages). He has been shown to speak Spanish, Chinese, Penguin and Drunk and when he and Bart were imprisoned in Japan for a seemingly short amount of time due to unknowingly assaulting Emperor Akihito, he was able to speak the language fluently by the time he left. He was also able to pick up a few Indian words by watching Apu and Manjula argue. He was also shown to mimic people's voices especially well. This was evidenced in a flashback in Grampa vs. Sexual Inadequacy, where Homer, after watching a televised speech made by then-President John F. Kennedy, proceeded to flawlessly mimic Kennedy's speech pattern and mannerisms.
Apart from that the profile rating is accurate and does not need to be changed.

Let's see, first of all, solving a rubix's cube is not a feat of intelligence as such, since it is not necessary to be so smart, it is more the practice behind it (How long has he been practicing, things like that), I can't give a clear feat to that without knowing a context, but I could assume that he is gifted (Because he had not even looked at the cube and it practically took him 2 moves to solve it) and it would practically not change his current rating.

Let's see, first of all, solving a rubix's cube is not a feat of intelligence as such, since it is not necessary to be so smart, it is more the practice behind it (How long has he been practicing, things like that), I can't give a clear feat to that without knowing a context, but I could assume that he is gifted (Because he had not even looked at the cube and it practically took him 2 moves to solve it) and it would practically not change his current rating.
So, everything would just give him a stronger Gifted rating?

So, everything would just give him a stronger Gifted rating?
There is no such thing as a stronger "Gifted" rating, his rating itself will not change, the only thing is that now there are 2 more feats that could be said to equate him "sometimes" to a "Gifted", but his rating remains the same. but I would reword it to something like:

Usually "Below Average", rarely "Above Average, likely Gifted".

Genius, he is an extremely cunning leader and manipulator
Self-Explanatory, not genius at all. At least Average seems more appropiate.
"At least Above Average, likely Gifted." seems more warranted based on the above description.
Immense, he is one of the most intelligent people, if not the most intelligent, of the Noblesse verse. Over 820 years prior to the start of the story (Story begins in the year 2011) he had already developed extremely advanced modification technology, and his research is the source of all the inventions by the Union, an organization that specializes in modification and technology and advanced weaponry. In addition to his incredible academic prowess, Frankenstein is also a brilliant tactician and a highly skilled combatant who has had centuries of combat experience against a variety of foes; he has defeated many enemies that outclassed him in terms of raw power for this reason.
Genius should work or if you think a flat Genius is not enough, then At least Gifted, likely Genius may work too. He has many more intelligence feats in the manhwa but they don't seem to be integrated into the profile yet.
It seems more like "Extraordinary Genius" or "At least Genius, likely Extraordinary Genius" level, but it depends on how advanced the technology he developed over 800 years ago was.

"At least Above Average, likely Gifted." seems more warranted based on the above description.
Right, I don't know why I suggested Average since Above average is more accurate. I don't agree with likely Gifted but it doesn't matter.
It seems more like "Extraordinary Genius" or "At least Genius, likely Extraordinary Genius" level, but it depends on how advanced the technology he developed over 800 years ago was.
I only watched the anime when it was released a few years ago, the technological advancement was certainly noticeable, but nothing so extremely extraodinary, but yes, I'll be fine with "At least Genius, likely Extraordinary Genius". That said. I'll apply the changes

There is no such thing as a stronger "Gifted" rating, his rating itself will not change, the only thing is that now there are 2 more feats that could be said to equate him "sometimes" to a "Gifted", but his rating remains the same. but I would reword it to something like:

Usually "Below Average", rarely "Above Average, likely Gifted".
"Usually Below Average. Sometimes Above Average to Gifted in specific areas.", with the most important examples listed in conjunction, seems fine to me.

Right, I don't know why I suggested Average since Above average is more accurate. I don't agree with likely Gifted but it doesn't matter.
Well, we can use "At least Above Average, possibly Gifted" if you consider it uncertain.
I only watched the anime when it was released a few years ago, the technological advancement was certainly noticeable, but nothing so extremely extraodinary, but yes, I'll be fine with "At least Genius, likely Extraordinary Genius". That said. I'll apply the changes
Okay. Thank you for helping out.

Might be a good idea to look at the intelligence feats of the versions of Shirou:

While academically average, Shirou is skilled in combat, and is trained in combat by Saber in all three routes, mostly defensively, as attempting to teach him to fight on even grounds with a Servant is a lost cause. He has an undeveloped Eye of the Mind. He can calmly analyze any situation, no matter how dire, considering multiple options and making intelligent decisions. He is incredibly stubborn, putting his all into everything he faces. In Unlimited Blade Works, his exposure to Archer causes his combat skills to develop much faster, and in Heaven's Feel, he can call on Archer's knowledge directly. However, Shirou's self-destructive thought processes tend to hold him back and put him in dangerous situations.

This version of Shirou is much more knowledgeable in the use of magecraft than what his mainstream counterpart was able to learn due to his father putting in more effort to teach him all that he knows, showing his effectiveness in it as he can instantly reinforce mundane objects like a ruler or umbrella for offensive and defensive uses at a much faster rate. However, this efficiency increases even more after Installing Archer's Class Card, essentially inheriting his future self's knowledge and allowing him to project numerous Noble Phantasms and other weapons in his hand instantly along with gaining the latter's dual-wielding style that enables him to fight and keep up with more stronger and faster foes.

Archer can develop complicated plans and switch between them on the fly. Able to quickly determine the opponent’s strengths and weaknesses to shift his tactics accordingly. Technically, suppose there’s even a 1% chance of victory. In that case, he can still win due to his Eye of the Mind (True) skill, allowing him to defend himself in his second encounter with Lancer despite the latter's blatantly superior stats due to having fought him before and by deliberately leaving gaps in his attacks. Hence, he knew where Lancer would attack and react accordingly during the Unlimited Blade Works route. He is even skilled enough to take six of Berserker's lives off before dying despite having a broken arm and without ever using Unlimited Blade Works due to being deprived of sufficient mana to use it in the Fate route. Archer is proficient in both melee and ranged combat due to his unique fighting style, being praised by Berserker for his swordsmanship and sniping other Servants from several kilometers away without issue. Also, he orchestrated the events of the Unlimited Blade Works route, successfully breaking his contract with Rin, eliminating Caster, and nearly killing Shirou, only failing due to Saber's intervention after the latter made a contract with Rin.

While a different entity compared to EMIYA, No Name is nonetheless extremely capable in combat. He is capable of battling the likes of Gawain, one of the greatest Knights of the Round Table who was the equal of Lancelot, Cú Chulainn, a great hero of Ireland who slew five thousand soldiers every day, and Li Shuwen, a legendary martial artist who could outmaneuver and outskill Beowulf. Additionally, through the use of his Eye of the Mind (False) skill, he is capable of effectively analyzing any battle and act accordingly to survive and win the fight and can track his targets from four kilometers away with the use of his Clairvoyance.

EMIYA Alter is a cold-hearted machine who thinks only of preserving the Human Order. Because of this, he pragmatically kills his foes through any means necessary, most frequently by putting a bullet between their eyes rather than facing his foes in honorable combat. His methods allowed him to outmatch the likes of Jeanne Alter. He frequently taunts his opponents in battle to agitate them and create openings and has no qualms with retreating from a poor situation. He'll also work with his enemies if it will help him achieve his ends, but will betray them just as quickly.

While academically average, Shirou is skilled in combat, and is trained in combat by Saber in all three routes, mostly defensively, as attempting to teach him to fight on even grounds with a Servant is a lost cause. He has an undeveloped Eye of the Mind. He can calmly analyze any situation, no matter how dire, considering multiple options and making intelligent decisions. He is incredibly stubborn, putting his all into everything he faces. In Unlimited Blade Works, his exposure to Archer causes his combat skills to develop much faster, and in Heaven's Feel, he can call on Archer's knowledge directly. However, Shirou's self-destructive thought processes tend to hold him back and put him in dangerous situations.
Average in general. Gifted in combat.
This version of Shirou is much more knowledgeable in the use of magecraft than what his mainstream counterpart was able to learn due to his father putting in more effort to teach him all that he knows, showing his effectiveness in it as he can instantly reinforce mundane objects like a ruler or umbrella for offensive and defensive uses at a much faster rate. However, this efficiency increases even more after Installing Archer's Class Card, essentially inheriting his future self's knowledge and allowing him to project numerous Noble Phantasms and other weapons in his hand instantly along with gaining the latter's dual-wielding style that enables him to fight and keep up with more stronger and faster foes.
This version is practically the same as the previous one but more knowledgeable about magic in general, I would certainly give it the same rating as the one above, but I don't know if an "Average in general. Possibly Genius in combat". would be fine? Tho i'm not sure
Archer can develop complicated plans and switch between them on the fly. Able to quickly determine the opponent’s strengths and weaknesses to shift his tactics accordingly. Technically, suppose there’s even a 1% chance of victory. In that case, he can still win due to his Eye of the Mind (True) skill, allowing him to defend himself in his second encounter with Lancer despite the latter's blatantly superior stats due to having fought him before and by deliberately leaving gaps in his attacks. Hence, he knew where Lancer would attack and react accordingly during the Unlimited Blade Works route. He is even skilled enough to take six of Berserker's lives off before dying despite having a broken arm and without ever using Unlimited Blade Works due to being deprived of sufficient mana to use it in the Fate route. Archer is proficient in both melee and ranged combat due to his unique fighting style, being praised by Berserker for his swordsmanship and sniping other Servants from several kilometers away without issue. Also, he orchestrated the events of the Unlimited Blade Works route, successfully breaking his contract with Rin, eliminating Caster, and nearly killing Shirou, only failing due to Saber's intervention after the latter made a contract with Rin.
"Unknown in general. Genius in combat" seems fine.
While a different entity compared to EMIYA, No Name is nonetheless extremely capable in combat. He is capable of battling the likes of Gawain, one of the greatest Knights of the Round Table who was the equal of Lancelot, Cú Chulainn, a great hero of Ireland who slew five thousand soldiers every day, and Li Shuwen, a legendary martial artist who could outmaneuver and outskill Beowulf. Additionally, through the use of his Eye of the Mind (False) skill, he is capable of effectively analyzing any battle and act accordingly to survive and win the fight and can track his targets from four kilometers away with the use of his Clairvoyance.
It is practically unchanged from the one above. Practically the same rating.
EMIYA Alter is a cold-hearted machine who thinks only of preserving the Human Order. Because of this, he pragmatically kills his foes through any means necessary, most frequently by putting a bullet between their eyes rather than facing his foes in honorable combat. His methods allowed him to outmatch the likes of Jeanne Alter. He frequently taunts his opponents in battle to agitate them and create openings and has no qualms with retreating from a poor situation. He'll also work with his enemies if it will help him achieve his ends, but will betray them just as quickly.
"Unknown in general. Likely Gifted in combat" Clearly inferior in combat skills to the 2 above.

I found a good one
Practically the explanation of the feat is not according to what the scan says. It is never said in the scan that he "Near-effortlessly mastered countless fields of scientific study" only that "His preferred fields of research were diverse" and there are at most 10 scientific fields and not countless as the wording of the scan says. Besides, what the scan itself states does not even meet the minimum requirements of Supergenius. I would clearly give him a feat of Genius. IMO the only thing that could qualify him as Extraordinary Genius would be that he is knowledgeable in many fields of science apart from that, he does not meet the requirements for Extraordinary Genius. And I believe that a Genius could achieve that.

Average in general. Gifted in combat.
That seems fine to me.
This version is practically the same as the previous one but more knowledgeable about magic in general, I would certainly give it the same rating as the one above, but I don't know if an "Average in general. Possibly Genius in combat". would be fine? Tho i'm not sure
Maybe "At least Above Average in general. At least Gifted, possibly Genius in combat."?
"Unknown in general. Genius in combat" seems fine.
Maybe "Gifted in general. Genius in combat."?
It is practically unchanged from the one above. Practically the same rating.
"Unknown in general. Genius in combat." seems fine here, yes.
"Unknown in general. Likely Gifted in combat" Clearly inferior in combat skills to the 2 above.
That seems like an appropriate rating to me as well, yes.

I found a good one
Practically the explanation of the feat is not according to what the scan says. It is never said in the scan that he "Near-effortlessly mastered countless fields of scientific study" only that "His preferred fields of research were diverse" and there are at most 10 scientific fields and not countless as the wording of the scan says. Besides, what the scan itself states does not even meet the minimum requirements of Supergenius. I would clearly give him a feat of Genius. IMO the only thing that could qualify him as Extraordinary Genius would be that he is knowledgeable in many fields of science apart from that, he does not meet the requirements for Extraordinary Genius. And I believe that a Genius could achieve that.
If you update his intelligence justifications to turn much more accurate, and give him an "At least Genius" rating in conjunction, that is probably fine.

Back