• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Self-evident intelligence revisions thread

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

This is a thread for quickly adjusting Intelligence ratings that very clearly do not match the feats that are described in relevant character profile pages.

More complicated cases should preferably be discussed in separate content revision forum threads instead.

I will start with the following two characters:

I really love the Phineas and Ferb franchise, so this is regrettable to me, but I love accuracy and reliability even more, so it has to be done.

Basically, unlike Doctor Doofenshmirtz, who is legitimately a Supergenius idiot savant without common sense, they just do not have feats of such an advanced scale. Their main claims to fame are likely the unproven statement that they are even more intelligent than Doofenshmirtz (however, again, his intelligence is extremely uneven), and that they created a possibly Nigh-Omniscient supercomputer.

As such, I think that "At least Extraordinary Genius" seems more warranted for them.

Last edited:
Knowing (most of) the show, I agree that their inventions don't breach into Supergenius technological prowess, as long as I recall, and the possibly-omniscient computer isn't enough to grant them that rating exactly because it is a possibility (and even then, creating a computer that maybe even improves itself on its own doesn't mean you're as intelligent as it, see real life computers created by normal to genius people)

Y'know, I previously had the idea of adding synonyms to the current levels of intelligence we have on this wiki. Here's just a little incomplete blog of what I had in mind.

At least EG's fine
Thank you. I will apply the suggested revision then.
Y'know, I previously had the idea of adding synonyms to the current levels of intelligence we have on this wiki. Here's just a little incomplete blog of what I had in mind.
Okay. That is not what this thread is for though, and we already have an ongoing staff thread for somewhat revising our Intelligence page.

Last edited:
A somewhat more uncertain case is the High Evolutionary. He is kind of like a less extreme case of Moon Girl before there was a Moon Girl, in that his intellectual superiority to everybody else on the Marvel Earth, and a mind on par with certain cosmic entities, was a repeated informed ability, rather than one remotely backed by actual feats of this massive and versatile a scale.

He can accelerate or reverse evolution as he wishes on a planetary scale and steal the powers of the Silver Surfer, yes, but Reed, Doom, and Thanos are still far above him in what they have done over the years.

Then again, the HE's biggest psychological problem is that he is emotionally unstable and gets very overwhelmed and turns psychotic if he thinks too big. The Maker managed to easily merge all of the Universes in the Marvel multiverse into a single unit by using the HE's equipment, so in theory the Evolutionary should probably be able to do the same thing.

@The_Impress @Qawsedf234 @Firestorm808 @Armorchompy @Confluctor @Eficiente

What do you think?

Last edited:
The Maker managed to easily merge all of the Universes in the Marvel multiverse into a single unit by using the HE's equipment, so in theory the Evolutionary should probably be able to do the same thing.
Did this happen because the HE's equipment was already there and the Maker used it, or did the latter build something new using the HE's technology?

I don't remember him building anything new at least, but somebody should probably recheck the end of Al Ewing's Ultimates storyline in order to make certain.

Even besides the merging part which to my knowledge is Supergenius, I think a "possibly Supergenius" part should work if the statements of superiority are consistent since his own feats are fairly impressive all things considered.

HE has every right to be at supergenius. He has many statements that puts him pretty close to the likes of Thanos and them lot. On top of that, he has actual feats on tier 2 and 1 scale. For tier 1, Maker used his technology, stuff he himself created. As for tier 2, he was able to absorb Galactus' powers and stuff.

Even besides the merging part which to my knowledge is Supergenius
It is clearly a Supergenius feat, yes, but he technically did not achieve it himself. That can be explained by that he thinks on a comparatively small scale for a being of his stature though.
I think a "possibly Supergenius" part should work if the statements of superiority are consistent since his own feats are fairly impressive all things considered.
I suppose that might work, yes. Let's wait and see what other members here think.
HE has every right to be at supergenius. He has many statements that puts him pretty close to the likes of Thanos and them lot. On top of that, he has actual feats on tier 2 and 1 scale. For tier 1, Maker used his technology, stuff he himself created. As for tier 2, he was able to absorb Galactus' powers and stuff.
I don't think that he ever absorbed Galactus' powers, but he did fight Galactus once without aid. He might temporarily have changed the evolutionary state of Galactus during the fight, but I am not certain.

Anyway, if he keeps his Supergenius rating, he needs better justifications for it in his profile page.

Then again, the HE's biggest psychological problem is that he is emltionally unstable and gets very overwhelmed and turns psychotic if he thinks too big. The Maker managed to easily merge all of the Universes in the Marvel multiverse into a single unit by using the HE's equipment, so in theory the Evolutionary should probably be able to do the same thing.

In theory, he should, but there can be the possibility of The Maker using part of his own equipment to achieve such a thing. It depends on what was stated and shown in the comic/s.

I went through the grammatically bad respect thread, and he seems fairly impressive, but most achieve seems to limit to planetary and stellar in scale.

For tier 1, Maker used his technology, stuff he himself created. As for tier 2, he was able to absorb Galactus' powers

I would rather not use power-scaling to despict a character's intelligence as the sole reason, because the character they scale to can also vastly varie in showings.

I do rather go for the actual feats.

don't think that he ever absorbed Galactus' powers, but he did fight Galactus once without aid
He did, he got his power and became an equal match for him. I can get the scans later.

would rather not use power-scaling to despict a character's intelligence as the sole reason, because the character they scale to can also vastly varie in showings.

I do rather go for the actual feats
Mate he is absorbing tier 2 power source with tech he made and made himself tier 2. What more do you need?

As for scaling, it's fitting.

He did, he got his power and became an equal match for him. I can get the scans later.
Okay. Please find the relevant scans then.

However, we would still need to place much better justifications for Supergenius in the HE's intelligence section, and probably explain that he thinks rather small-scale, considering his full abilities, in his weaknesses section.

A tier 2 power source that vastly varies in strength, from a character whose power fluctates a lot.
No that was a moderately fed Galactus

Okay. Please find the relevant scans then.

However, we would still need to place much better justifications for Supergenius in the HE's intelligence section, and probably explain that he thinks rather small-scale, considering his full abilities, in his weaknesses section.
Or you can just delete the file lol. It's one of the most barebone files for a character whose insane haxxed through tech

I would much prefer if we keep the profile page. It is a very notable, interesting, and distinctive character.

The quality is considerably better than most of our pages.

You can clean it up if you wish though.

I mean if he made the SG tech then he should be straight-up SG
Okay. That seems settled then.
Well, if that's that's wish, you can keep it around. Although I don't really want to revise it
Can you at least rework his Intelligence and Weaknesses sections please? I am currently very overworked and behind with my tasks, as I had to do some things IRL today.

Sorry, but that would mean I would still have to read over a hundred issues worth of stuff, which I don't have much time for with irl jobs and other big revisions I am working on.

I only want you to write down the HE's most impressive intelligence feats from memory at the moment, such as the fight with Galactus, the Evolutionary War, and his technology merging together the Marvel multiverse, along with noting down that he too easily gets emotionally overwhelmed by large scale events/thinks too small to be able to efficiently use his full capabilities.

Yes, that is just Extraordinary Genius, at best. Inventing one from scratch is a clear EG feat though.

I only want you to write down the HE's most impressive intelligence feats from memory at the moment, such as the fight with Galactus, the Evolutionary War, and his technology merging together the Marvel multiverse, along with noting down that he too easily gets emotionally overwhelmed by large scale events/thinks too small to be able to efficiently use his full capabilities.
@The_Impress

Would you be willing to handle it if Confluctor is unwilling to do so?

Well,I just want his justifications to match his intelligence tier. Currently he only seems like an Extraordinary Genius to our casual visitors.

What would creating a piece of technology as a teen that utilizes dark matter and space-time manipulation and can ostensibly solve the energy crisis be? It can also merge any two things into a singular being, even a balloon of a ghost will make the other thing become an intangible spirit by proxy of the concept of a ghost being one of the merging objects, and as a byproduct of it's merge ability it literally created a merge of two universes with it's own timelines separate from the main universe it existed within. Also creating a fully sentient A.I. that can receive messages from it's future self and send messages to it's past self.

Is this all just a really high EG? Or would it be able to qualify as Supergenius?

"At least Extraordinary Genius" seems fine at least. It appears uncertain if this character is versatile enough to qualify.

Back