• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Self-evident intelligence revisions thread

I would suggest only bringing characters that you are related to or that have a specific rating but their description does not match that rating, I don't think Ant has time to evaluate any random character that does not have a certain intelligence unless it is necessary.

Anyway. Basing in the description of Jackie Chan profile seems to be a Gifted. But I suggest waiting for Ant's evaluation anyway as my evaluation may not be accurate as his evaluation.

I would suggest only bringing characters that you are related to or that have a specific rating but their description does not match that rating
Would you mean then characters whose intelligence feats don't match their rating or just have 'High'/'Extremely High' for an intelligence rating?

I've added the intelligence ratings to the respectives HxH profiles btw.
What about the other HxH profile pages? Are their intelligence ratings consistent with the ones that we changed?

What about the other HxH profile pages? Are their intelligence ratings consistent with the ones that we changed?
I don't know, I've only applied the changes corresponding to the 4 profiles that were brought to this thread, if you think it is necessary to review the intelligence ratings of the other HxH profiles then I can do it without problems.

Well, I found this here for Jackie Chan:

"Jackie is a professional archaeologist, with a vast knowledge of ancient cultures, mythology, and artifacts. He is also a very skilled combatant, often utilizing the surrounding environment to develop unconventional but effective battle-maneuvers, as well as being versed in multiple martial art styles. Jackie also has experience fighting "Shadowkhan", which were shadow entities that acted as master-ninja, along with fellow martial arts combatants and even otherworldly and demonic entities (such as Shendu and his siblings)."
That sounds like Gifted intelligence.

Intelligence: Gifted or Genius (Kuro is the wisest member of the Ancient Six, which includes the Red Queen[68], a Dragon that lived more than 100,000 years[69])

I published this some months ago, but now that i think about it, i dont think that it should be gifted or genius, maybe above average? I'm really not sure
I don't think I can get a concrete intelligence feat because there are no clear intelligence feats in the scans shown for both the Red Queen and the Dragon for comparison. If I had to give a rating it would be an assumption based on the Dragon's 100,000 years of experience that it might be At least "Gifted, possibly Genius." or else rate it as "Unknown"

I don't think I can get a concrete intelligence feat because there are no clear intelligence feats in the scans shown for both the Red Queen and the Dragon for comparison. If I had to give a rating it would be an assumption based on the Dragon's 100,000 years of experience that it might be At least "Gifted, possibly Genius." or else rate it as "Unknown"
Unknown is fine if there are no concrete feats to base the rating(s) on, yes.

Thank you. Do other profile pages in the verse have similar intelligence rating problems?

Yes, looking at the character's intelligence description you provide I think it is fine to rate him as Extraordinary Genius. But you should add that description to his profile, because the current profile description seems only to indicate that he is a genius...

Btw Ant, I was looking at the Extraordinary Genius examples on the intelligence page and they all have a flat rating, but Anos has even more feats than some of them and apparently more significant but with "At least" rating, so I think Anos' rating should be changed from "At least Extraordinary Genius, likely Supergenius" to a flat "Extraordinary Genius, likely Supergenius".

Not sure if this is the correct place for this, but i created this thread to justify increasing Seto Kaiba's intelligence rating to Extraordinary Genius

He invented hologram projection in his universe, made it portable, and also invented dimensional travel in his universe, I think all of that is far beyond real-life geniuses, so pretty easily Extraordinary Genius level.
Yes, that is fine.

Btw Ant, I was looking at the Extraordinary Genius examples on the intelligence page and they all have a flat rating, but Anos has even more feats than some of them and apparently more significant but with "At least" rating, so I think Anos' rating should be changed from "At least Extraordinary Genius, likely Supergenius" to a flat "Extraordinary Genius, likely Supergenius".
An "at least" better signifies that he is likely beyond Extraordinary Genius though.

So what about the other HxH profile pages? Do they need to have their intelligence sections updated to fit with our recent changes for that verse?

So what about the other HxH profile pages? Do they need to have their intelligence sections updated to fit with our recent changes for that verse?
if you think it is necessary to review the intelligence ratings of the other HxH profiles then I can do it without problems.
I was waiting for your answer... I'll go check the profiles then

Thank you for helping out. It is appreciated.

Just a small note... It will take me a while to get them here because I see some ratings that IMO do not match the description.

Aight...
Genius (Kurapika is one of the most brilliant characters in the series. Because of this, he was appointed the leader of Neon's bodyguards after the demise of Dalzollene. He outsmarted Chrollo with carefully planned strategies, and his predictions have rarely turned out to be wrong. He also has immense knowledge about many topics, ranging from psychology to other cultures, from history to forensic. This quality surprised even adults when he was only a child. Due to his longing for new notions, he is a fast learner with a remarkable memory. Kurapika's analytical skills are so outstanding that they have led to the rumor that he can read minds. When searching for Halkenburg on the Kakin bodyguard registration, he used the vaguest of clues to choose whom he felt to be Halkenburg, something praised by Oito. Kurapika can formulate flawless plans even in combat to exploit his opponent's weaknesses to the fullest. His logical thinking and meticulous preparations match his intuition. Although he can retain his calm in desperate situations, he can barely stick to his plan when it concerns the Phantom Troupe, to the extent he might even snap and endanger not only himself but his friends as well. On the Black Whale, he exhibited better composure than before and has performed his greatest strategic feat yet, becoming the lynchpin of a stalemate, or at least an impediment, of the succession contest with an endless series of ad hoc tactics, mixing truth and lies, secrets and deliberately disclosed information. His disclosure of the existence of Nen on the very first day of voyage constituted the biggest game-changer of the succession contest, ruining the plans of several camps, delaying murders, and increasing the chances of the lower-ranked princes to reach an impasse)
IMO it is not a flat genius feat, I think it should be changed to "Gifted, likely Genius".

Extraordinary Genius. Meruem was able to speak before even being born. Meruem possesses immense memory and analytical skills, being able to learn and master nearly anything he comes across in a short period. He defeated world champions at various games just after reading a rule book and playing a few matches. He is capable of examining multiple scenarios in a matter of seconds. He excels at identifying his opponent's "rhythm," the unconscious bias that guides their choices, and at disrupting it or turning it against them, not only gaining insight into their thought process but also managing to exploit it for his benefit. Playing Gungi with Komugi elevated his pattern-recognition skills to an ability similar to precognition. Thanks to this faculty, he was able to penetrate Netero's otherwise impregnable defense, even predicting what body parts he would be able to cut off in advance.
I suggest it be changed to "At least Genius, likely Extraordinary Genius".

At least Gifted, possibly Genius (Neferpitou is very good at analysing people and reading their feelings, and can understand the power of the humans they kill in order to select the ones to resurrect as puppets. Neferpitou has highly developed instincts, which often lead them to make the correct choice. Pitou is a quick learner, as Pitou mastered Nen in an unprecedentedly short time. Additionally, Pitou learned how the human brain worked and guessed how to manipulate it after reading just one anatomy book. Pitou learned how to lobotomise people just a short time after birth and apparently created a chemical lab)
Remove "possibly" and add "likely".

At least Gifted, possibly Genius (Pouf claims himself to be the most intelligent of the Royal Guard. He is capable of coming up with and estimating the likelihood of a large number of possible scenarios, is highly skilled at character judgment and manipulation, being able to manipulate not only Gon and Morel, but also Pitou and Meruem himself. He is capable of determining a person's likely course of action with the help of Spiritual Message, giving Neferpitou the impression he could read their mind. Outsmarted Morel, a highly intelligent Nen user himself, forcing him into a tactical dilemma, deduced the source of Morel's power, and quickly formulated a series of plans on the fly to prevent an amnesiac Meruem from remembering Komugi)
Just "Genius"

Genius. Chrollo is extremely intelligent, resourceful, and charismatic. He is a natural-born leader, as most Troupe members are incredibly loyal to him and follow his orders without question. His plans usually go smoothly, and he has shown to be both knowledgeable and intuitive. He was able to trick the whole Yorknew City's mafia into thinking that he had died along with his comrades. He managed to predict part of the "Chain user's" strategy of vengeance, though Kurapika and Hisoka outsmarted him. He has complete dominion over his emotions, as demonstrated when captured by Kurapika, with Melody claiming that Chrollo had no fear of his demise and that he lived alongside death every day. In the fight against the Zoldycks, he focused on stealing Zeno's ability amid combat and leaving no openings to Silva to exploit, proving himself to be an efficient multitasker, which has brought the praise of both Silva and Zeno.
According to the description "Gifted in general. Genius in combat." seems more accurate.

Above Average, possibly higher. Machi figured out the strategy that Hisoka used to defeat Kastro, proving herself to be quite observant. She is also capable of keeping her cool at most times, a feat that stems from her naturally cold attitude as much as from her determination. Both Chrollo and Nobunaga acknowledge her intellect and state that her hunches are rarely incorrect. She correctly deduced that Uvogin was already dead and that Gon and Killua were connected to Kurapika. The anime heavily implies that Machi possesses an eidetic memory, as she "captured" Hisoka's arm wounds like a camera with her eye.
"Gifted" seems more accurate.

Genius. Shalnark is among the smartest members of the Troupe, as well as seemingly the most knowledgeable. He can calculate accurate odds in the midst of a fight and in mere seconds and his predictions are usually exact. He is adept at finding an enemy's weak spots and exploit them. From a handful of clues, he was able to deduce that Greed Island exists in the real world, as well as to pinpoint its location by analyzing its minerals and cross-referencing the data with nautical and geographical archives. Shalnark also appears to be the most tech-savvy of the Troupe. With his informatic skills, he is one of the Phantom troupe's information gatherers, and they often rely on his advice and research. His eclectic know-how, which ranges from how to get rid of spotted leeches to piloting a hot-air balloon, makes him a valuable asset to the group.
According to the description "Gifted in general. Genius in combat." seems more accurate.

Above Average. Despite her forgetfulness, Shizuku is a highly skilled Nen user and fighter. She has proven herself highly analytical and strategic in her fight with Pike, being able to find an enemy's weak spots in a fight, learning the pattern of their movements before they attack and formulating plans accordingly. Furthermore, she is a quick thinker, as demonstrated when escaping Pike's web. In her battle against him she was able to figure out the speed and range of his web, even noticing Pike's weakness of his anus twitching twice, therefore telegraphing his next move. She is very versatile with her vacuum ability, even using it to exsanguinate her opponents. Her intellectual side is not lacking either, as she was able to correctly decipher the month's allegory in Chrollo's fortune.
"Gifted" seems more accurate.

Average (Uvogin is an immensely skilled fighter and Nen user. He has shown exceptional mastery over his Nen, being able to defeat four other highly skilled Nen users while paralyzed from the neck down. As he was part of the Troupe the moment it was founded, he has years of combat experience, evident with his ability to analyze his opponent's moves and also has a great deal of knowledge on how Nen works. He was able to surprise Kurapika with his strategy utilizing In and put up a good fight despite being outmatched. Outside of combat, however, his intelligence is nothing special. If anything, he's portrayed as one of the least intelligent Troupe members, usually taking a 'punch first ask questions later' stance, being unable to track the Nostrade family even with a computer by himself, with him needing Shalnark's help and immediately assuming that one of the Troupe members was a traitor the moment he saw an empty safe without stopping to think about how illogical it was)
"Average in general. Gifted in combat"

Genius (Cheadle is one of the most intelligent characters shown in the series. She is calm, practical, and highly knowledgeable, and is the current Chairman of the Hunter's Association after Netero's death and Pariston's resignation. According to Pariston, Cheadle possesses the best leadership skills in the entire association. As a Triple-Star Hunter, she must have made revolutionary breakthroughs and/or made historic discoveries of utmost importance, and she is one of the few to hold the prestigious Triple-Star rank. Cheadle is also a highly skilled law scholar and doctor, and is highly knowledgeable about jurisprudence and medicine as well. Her intellect is not quite at Ging or Pariston's level but she is still a master at calculating her opponent's future moves and the trend of the election making her a proficient tactician)
She doesn't seem to be a complete genius, "Gifted, possibly Genius." seems more accurate.

Gifted. As a Double-Star Hunter and as a member of the Zodiacs, Mizaistom is one of the greatest Hunters in the world. His intelligence is held in high regard among the Hunter's Association, as he was assigned to the Intelligence Team. As a Crime Hunter, he is presumably an expert detective with keen analytical skills, and is also a skilled lawyer and highly knowledgeable in jurisprudence. Mizaistom is a smart Hunter, with information gathering and deduction as his primary skills. He has given proof of his intelligence several times during the election of the Hunter Association's Chairman, making accurate predictions of the results of a certain course of action and preparing countermeasures against Pariston's interventions. He is one of the three people, the others being Cheadle and Kurapika, to understand there must be a mole among the Zodiacs.
"Gifted, possibly Genius." seems more accurate.

Edit. Both this character (Mizaistom) and the one above (Cheadle) are on par with the first character mentioned at the beginning of this post (Kurapika), but analyzing the description and amount of feats Kurapika is clearly superior to them but without reaching a flat "Genius", so I suggested "Gifted, likely Genius", but these 2 are clearly inferior given the descriptions, but in my opinion still deserve the genius rating, so I suggested "Gifted, possibly Genius".

Gifted. Biscuit is highly intelligent, analytic and knowledgeable, especially regarding Nen. As a Double-Star Hunter, Biscuit must have made significant breakthroughs in her field of study, and in the Hunter's Association, is held in high esteem. A consummate liar, she has developed the ability to tell when someone is hiding something, even if that person is Hisoka, and she uses her youthful appearances to trick her opponents into underestimating her. She has an unwavering strength of mind and confidence, which allows her to never hesitate during a fight. She was capable of easily deducing the weaknesses of the beasts of Greed Island. Thanks also to her experience, she is a praiseworthy tactician, her predictions often proving accurate. Biscuit is also an excellent teacher, as Gon and Killua grew in strength and Nen abilities tremendously and in a short time thanks to her training. She can devise tailored training methods depending on the receiver, the environment and the resources at hand. Hisoka acknowledged her abilities in this field. According to herself, Biscuit can double or triple the physical strength of a talented beginner within one month.
"Genius" seems more accurate here IMO.

Gifted. Despite being reckless and quick to fly into a rage, Knuckle has good analytical skills, which he showed when he easily figured out the mechanics and weaknesses of Menthuthuyoupi's explosion ability and Gon's Jajanken. Knuckle is an extremely talented Nen user and is highly experience, having fought in over 5,000 battles. Due to his years of experience, Knuckle is talented at strategy, and took charge during the strategic sessions before the palace raid alongside Killua. Knuckle is also an arithmetical genius, being able to execute complex calculations on the spot and without error. Knuckle is an experienced and perceptive fighter to where he can predict his opponent’s move by reading the flow of their aura, although he is rather reckless.
"Gifted in general. Genius in combat".

Of all the HxH characters, these are the ones whose ratings do not seem to me to be accurate with what is described in their respective profiles.

Last edited:
Thank you for helping out. Meruem is an Extraordinary Genius and Neferpitou likely a Genius, but except for that your assessments seem correct.

Yes, that seems fine. Thank you for the help.

From what I saw, those who master Nen in battle I gave them a Gifted rating in combat, it all depends on the rest of their intelligence description if it goes up or down.

Might be a good idea to look at Rachel Alucard:

Observed and understood thousands of years worth of timeloops, being able to remember ever second she has observed, and generally knows more than the other characters about the inner workings of the game's plot. Broke a lock designed by Kokonoe that is bound by a code randomly changing 500 lines of itself every few seconds.
IMO i think At least Extraordinary Genius seems fine. Or if you want to play it safe, then At least Genius, likely Extraordinary Genius.

Back