• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Self-evident intelligence revisions thread

Does speaking fluently four languages (English, Japanese, Thai and Cantonese) and some of other two (Russian and French) qualify you for Gifted intelligence, at least in regards to that area?

For my version of Ikaruga, in Kagura X Kagura, how would her intelligence be ranked based on this blurb?

Ikaruga practices and trains in the arts of Hououzan-ryuu, some of these arts include Koudou, Chadou, Kadou, Choukin, Kenjutsu, Battojutsu, Naginata-jutsu, Kyuujutsu, Ninjutsu, Nenjutsu, Bujutsu, Shodou, Honou no Kokyuujutsu, Muay Thai, Hakkyuken, Taekwondou, and Boujutsu, with three of them involving herbology and medicine studies. Hououzan-ryuu also focuses on teaching students a collective of different topics such as calculus, anatomy, physics, chemistry, language, and history. As representative, she is considered the top of her class, She was already studying college level textbooks by the time she turned 18, she can recite the entire Lotus Sutra in Nihonese, Hobbouwa, Futsuuwa, Cantonese, Thai, Khmer, and several Sanskrit dialects, she is able to detect even the smalled amount of poisons by smelling/wafting them. She was able to complete a test that covered the topics of Latin, Physics, Calculus, Korean, Cantonese, Ninpu, Kenjutsu, Anatomy, Nen usage, and Medicine in under 6 hours. Is a master conjurer, had achieved the rank of jounin at 12, once served under the government Black Ops at 14 and was recognized for her skills of espionage, sabotage, and assassination, at 15 she won the national championships for Shougi and Shanchi/Xiangqi, and was a semi-finalist for the Gungi national championship. Several other shinobi and Nen users such as Kiriya, Hanzo, Sayuri, Chifusa, Rin, Haruka, Kazuhiko, Chahan, and Kite have acknowledged her as a true prodigy of the Hououzan clan with her mind as her most deadly asset.

Last edited:
Seems "At least Genius" to me, that is a nearly superhuman variety and amount of achievements

Seems "At least Genius" to me, that is a nearly superhuman variety and amount of achievements
What about for this alone?

practices and trains in the arts of Hououzan-ryuu, some of these arts include Koudou, Chadou, Kadou, Choukin, Kenjutsu, Battojutsu, Naginata-jutsu, Kyuujutsu, Ninjutsu, Bujutsu, Shodou, Honou no Kokyuujutsu, Muay Thai, Hakkyuken, Taekwondou, and Boujutsu, with three of them involving herbology and medicine studies. Hououzan-ryuu also focuses on teaching students a collective of different topics such as calculus, anatomy, medicine, physics, chemistry, language, and history.

We tend to rate that as just a plain Genius. It goes a bit above demonstrated real world human maximums.

I think being a world-class expert in so many different fields at a young age is definitely superhuman, so At least Genius fits IMO.

@Armorchompy what would you say the bare minimum of intelligence is needed to train and practice Hououzan-ryu

For a refresher:
practices and trains in the arts of Hououzan-ryuu, some of these arts include Koudou, Chadou, Kadou, Choukin, Kenjutsu, Battojutsu, Naginata-jutsu, Kyuujutsu, Ninjutsu, Bujutsu, Shodou, Honou no Kokyuujutsu, Muay Thai, Hakkyuken, Taekwondou, and Boujutsu, with three of them involving herbology and medicine studies. Hououzan-ryuu also focuses on teaching students a collective of different topics such as calculus, anatomy, medicine, physics, chemistry, language, and history.

Hagane, you need to add all of the above-listed academic accomplishments as Genius justifications in the relevant character's profile page, not just their martial arts skills.

You did see my reply right? I just don't wish to spread misinformation. I changed her to gifted, but will mention about being the top of the class and possibly knowing several language

We cannot use any guesswork, only what we know for a fact, and being a class representative is not enough for a certain Gifted rating.

We cannot use any guesswork, only what we know for a fact
history is fact, the Universe of Senran Kagura exists in the real world, meaning that events that happens here happen in there too. For example, the first game's opening mentions the Sengoku period and the Meiji restoration, you can't argue with that

I meant that you cannot use speculation regarding what this character has done and is intellectually capable of.

Well, all that stuff about the martial arts that Ikaruga would know is not speculation, it's the truth! Ikaruga is part of a samurai clan, there's too much evidence to support it, and player with enough prior knowledge would be able to make the connection, although if you can manage to disprove me I'll eat my hat

The point is that this is not how our standards work. You need to know what she has been established to have accomplished within the canon of the series itself. Period.

I would like to put three profiles under review here Monica Pinkston, SCP-3396, and Olympia.
All three are supergeniuses but I am don't think their feats warrant it. I am not listing the feats here the because when I did the comment was twice as large and they are on the linked pages.
Let's start with Monica: I don't if we consider the all of the internet's information to be equal to supergenius if so it's fine if not what she learned after Ascension is left rather vague depending on how close she is it might be fine but It might only warrant a possibly rating.

SCP-3396 is next: I don't think it can scale above Monica in intelligence as it didn't give her the knowledge of everything on the internet, it gave knowledge of the cosmos but what it gave is left vague and same with the other feats listed.

Lastly Olympia:
Most high level scp researchers we have on our site are genius intelligence. The computer thing is probably extraordinary genius her learning speed is impressive but I don't know if that is enough for supergenius and the rest is combat skill.

You mean show evidence that she is part of a samurai clan?
No, I mean that she has to explicitly display feats on a level with a real world genius or gifted person in order to qualify for either of those ratings.

I would like to put three profiles under review here Monica Pinkston, SCP-3396, and Olympia.
All three are supergeniuses but I am don't think their feats warrant it. I am not listing the feats here the because when I did the comment was twice as large and they are on the linked pages.
Let's start with Monica: I don't if we consider the all of the internet's information to be equal to supergenius if so it's fine if not what she learned after Ascension is left rather vague depending on how close she is it might be fine but It might only warrant a possibly rating.

SCP-3396 is next: I don't think it can scale above Monica in intelligence as it didn't give her the knowledge of everything on the internet, it gave knowledge of the cosmos but what it gave is left vague and same with the other feats listed.

Lastly Olympia:
Most high level scp researchers we have on our site are genius intelligence. The computer thing is probably extraordinary genius her learning speed is impressive but I don't know if that is enough for supergenius and the rest is combat skill.
Agreed. I think that you can downgrade all of them to Extraordinary Genius level.

Thank you for helping out with making this wiki more reliable.

No, we are not going to do that. Our current standards are sufficiently good already. My apologies.

No, we are not going to do that. Our current standards are sufficiently good already. My apologies.
Still it's a very interesting read to get into, Frames of Mind goes into detail about how there are different types of intelligence, even saying that intelligence can't be measure with IQ, and there is no shame in adding more to the page, the types of intelligence it lists fyi are:
  • Linguistic Intelligence
  • Musical Intelligence
  • Logical-Mathematical Intelligence
  • Spatial Intelligence
  • Bodily-Kinesthetic Intelligence
  • Personal Intelligences
  • Naturalist Intelligence
  • Existential Intelligence

We already mandate that extremely uneven intelligence depending on the area should be specified.

Anyway, we are derailing. I would appreciate if you stop posting here. Thank you.

Agreed. I think that you can downgrade all of them to Extraordinary Genius level.

Thank you for helping out with making this wiki more reliable.
I don't trust myself to do so I don't have a computer and I am not confident enough to use a phone to do so.

Okay. I will handle it then. I am tired though.

Last edited:
My version of Ging Freecss:

Ging is a polymath with extensive knowledge in various fields of academic studies. He is a Double-Star Hunter who is qualified for a Triple-Star ranking, which is only reserved for people who have made significant breakthroughs or revolutionized certain fields of study. He has foreseen most of Asuka's choices and actions since leaving home, including his participation in the Hunter Exam, his journey to Greed Island and his meeting with Kite. Able to learn multiple nen abilities and jutsu rather quickly by just seeing or experiencing them. It can be affirmed that Ging's preeminent mental skills are his deductive intelligence, quickness of mind and versatility. His intelligence is recognized throughout the shinobi world, and has been trusted to hold Hanzō's Super Secret Yin Scroll along with having read and experimented with it himself. The Hōōzan clan hates him for, in their opinion, bastardizing their Honō no Kokyuujutsu into other Nen techniques other Nen users could use. Created Greed Island Battle Royal with his knowledge on shinobi barriers.

My version of Ging Freecss:
I think that the current version seems fine to keep:

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience
No problem.

@Antvasima I meant for this profile:

This is the VS Battles section of our forum. You need to go to our FC/OC content revision forum to ask about this.

Back