• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Self-evident intelligence revisions thread

Commander Keen (Character)
Supergenius. Keen has an IQ of 314, and, with his extreme intelligence, he has created a variety of complex inventions out of household items, such as a spaceship capable of interstellar travel, a portable computer, and an energy-based weapon.
Despite having 314 IQ, his feats do not demonstrate such intelligence capacity, at most it is a feat of Extraordinary Genius. Heck, even Bulma feats outclassed him and she have Extraordinary Genius rating.

Mortimer McMire
Supergenius. McMire has an intellect of 315, a single point higher than Keen's own. With his extreme intelligence, he can achieve many deadly ends, such as taking control of the Vorticon and Shikadi races and crowning himself as their "Grand Intellect". His complex schemes allow him to constantly stay one step ahead of his archnemesis, through faking his death with an android dummy and feigning an interest in only the destruction of Earth or the galaxy, while he works towards his true goal of destroying the entire universe.
This one even has almost no intelligence feats despite having 315 IQ, so I don't know what I should do with him, input would be appreciated.
Well, if no feat/statements are presented for X character, then you can only put them Above Average as while not having something tangible done, they still have a high IQ... maybe Gifted but challenging if they don't show anything that they know well.

If McMire can create such technology or something similar as Keen then he could simply scale from the other person. If not, then it will be my first point made above. Could be like Above Average (reason), likely higher/Gifted (as he could create complex schemes, etc).

Commander Keen (Character)
Supergenius. Keen has an IQ of 314, and, with his extreme intelligence, he has created a variety of complex inventions out of household items, such as a spaceship capable of interstellar travel, a portable computer, and an energy-based weapon.
Despite having 314 IQ, his feats do not demonstrate such intelligence capacity, at most it is a feat of Extraordinary Genius. Heck, even Bulma feats outclassed him and she have Extraordinary Genius rating.

Mortimer McMire
Supergenius. McMire has an intellect of 315, a single point higher than Keen's own. With his extreme intelligence, he can achieve many deadly ends, such as taking control of the Vorticon and Shikadi races and crowning himself as their "Grand Intellect". His complex schemes allow him to constantly stay one step ahead of his archnemesis, through faking his death with an android dummy and feigning an interest in only the destruction of Earth or the galaxy, while he works towards his true goal of destroying the entire universe.
This one even has almost no intelligence feats despite having 315 IQ, so I don't know what I should do with him, input would be appreciated.
Low level Extraordinary Genius is definitely enough given the feat involved, yes.

Thank you for helping out.

Usually either Above Average or Gifted, but we preferably need a bit further information than that, as it depends on the difficulty of the specific school curriculum in question.

Well, maybe "At least Above Average" intelligence would work based on the above examples?

Well, I designed most of our intelligence page structure, but okay then.

It can probably be applied then. Thank you for helping out.

Well, maybe "At least Gifted in combat" would be appropriate? I do not think that general intelligence can be properly gauged from the above examples.

Hi

So, i really believe Jesse Pinkman intelligence need to be Gifted, the feats listed on the profile already say most of the arguments, but i wanna also remember that:
  • He manage to become from a complete underdog on the meth market to a 96% pure cooker in less than a year chronologically
  • By the end of the show he is comparable in most fields, although ultimately inferior, to Walter White, who is listed as genius
Most people tend to inferiorize his intelligence due to some scenes like that during early season or the fact that he is manipulated multiple times. But the first only accentuates the fact that he is a fast leaner, and the second comes from a bigger innocence/naivety compared to the rest of the cast rather than just being stupid

Well, maybe he could get something similar to the following intelligence rating?

"Gifted in terms of learning. Average in terms of common sense."

Some things I found about homo erectus:

Okay, so what intelligence rating do you suggest for that profile page then?

Not sure, I thought you'd be able to read the articles and be the judge, although don't we have pages of characters who have developed faster than normal toddlers?

I do not have the time to read those articles. My apologies.

The first article does not say anything interesting about the subject. The second one is a lot of text that does not interest me so I just skimmed it and read the summary but the only thing it says is that some had a larger brain volume but nothing interesting is specified. The behavior remains the same only with racial differences between different types.

TL; DR. Nothing interesting or anything that needed to be asked in this intelligence thread.

Okay. Thank you for helping out. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Probably "At least Above Average". He didn't say anything particularly complicated there.

At least Above Average, Possibly gifted could make sense as he had to explain to the scientists how it works or something which they even have been working on for awhile it seems

but don’t fully understand the context tho

I suppose that seems fine.

It seems fine, but deep understanding should probably be replaced by "some understanding".

What can be gleamed from these pages for Tetsuo?

Context here, this is more cosmic awareness-esc than actual intelligence. After an “awakening” in the previous volume he transcends his former self and discovers the way the cosmology works. That’s why he’s “schooling” the scientists here, he understands how the universe works in his own cosmology better than they do. Though I agree he should be of higher intelligence as he is clearly more knowledgeable on certain aspects of physics then before.

So what intelligence tier would be appropriate for him at this point then? Above Average or Gifted?

Back