• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sealing Away Naruto's 5-B in a Chibaku Tensei

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the context is going over Naruto and Sasuke’s techniques… not everything is said in a vague all encompassing vacuum 🗿 much of life and fiction relies on context

Because the context is going over Naruto and Sasuke’s techniques… not everything is said in a vague all encompassing vacuum 🗿 much of life and fiction relies on context
I don’t see any context indicating so. The translation I saw says that it both has the best offense and is the strongest ninjutsu. Neither of the statements seem to limit the range just to Narutos and Sasukes current arsenal.

And it does make sense. A small portion of Narutos chakra after he pulled out 8/9 kurama tails and fought Toneri were enough to destroy earth with the light of justice so Naruto and Sasuke combining their strongest abilities being far stronger makes more than enough sense.

Actually there is quite a lot to it even using SPCT. Yeah SPCT, ETSO, and LoJ all 3 scale above the physicals of the characters, but the susanoo and kurama avatar scale even higher.
Pain ~< 6t Naruto < 7t Naruto < CT
But
Sasuke < skeletal susanoo < armored susanoo < full half body susanoo < full susano < perfect susanoo < perfect susanoo amped with chidori < Majestic Attire.
So Naruto and Sasuke should scale to the 5-B calcs at least as adults with their avatars (or maybe 50% of them since they both make up half of MA).

I haven't fully read the CRT yet but the reasoning for the removal only really has an issue with their physicals scaling to it.

I don't see enough support for Naruto and Sasuke scaling to either the ETSO or the Light of Justice.

Also regarding the LoJ stuff, there is ample evidence of chakra amps not being evenly linear if linear at all so it’s not so simple as “Toneri drained most of his Kurama chakra therefore Kurama scales”

Light of justice is outright made up of sub 1/9 of BSM Narutos chakra so it's definitely not an ace technique and characters should definitely scale to it. Especially with 6 paths sm.

Plus this statement of their attacks being the strongest ninjutsu.
The translation I saw says that it both has the best offense and is the strongest ninjutsu. Neither of the statements seem to limit the range just to Narutos and Sasukes current arsenal.
So there some evidence to suggest so.

Looking at the issues the CRT gave.

• CT scales above physicals? Susanoo/KA scale faaar higher above physicals than CT
  • SPCT is 100x above anything else? Now you have ETSO and LoJ that both also scale to the same tier
The CRT only really denies it scaling to physicals, but Naruto and Sasuke here would scale to it through AP/dura increasing techniques

Basically using the MA and LoJ statements retains the 5B ratings while fixing the issues with the current 5B reasoning

There isn’t an issue with the MA reasoning. Chakra isn’t always linear, hence why Toneri absorbing chakra out of Naruto to the point where Naruto drops out of BSM doesn’t make like “1/9 of his power” or whatever arbitrary number you stated relevant.

There isn’t an issue with the MA reasoning.
Sure so Boruto era Naruto and Sasuke should be 5-B with Susanoo/KA (half of the Hagoromo or Kaguya calc, whichever is higher).

Chakra isn’t always linear, hence why Toneri absorbing chakra out of Naruto to the point where Naruto drops out of BSM doesn’t make like “1/9 of his power” or whatever arbitrary number you stated relevant.
Going by the accepted blog on chakra mechanisms it should scale.
I don't know where the 1/9th of his chakra figure is coming from.
Toneri absorbed enough kyubi chakra to where Naruto dropped out of kcm2 and sage mode.
Naruto left out 8 tails worth of kurama chakra out to fight the Hamura statue so he would only have 1/9 left in his body. Not only did Naruto use up some of it (since they were fighting) but Toneri didn't absorb enough to kill Naruto. So he would absorb sub 1/9 of kurama chakra + some minor amount of senjutsu.

I'm not saying Naruto should scale to 9x the LoJ value, I'm simply pointing out how the amount of chakra Toneri absorbed was pretty miniscule compared to Narutos full power.

Naruto left out 8 tails worth of kurama chakra out to fight the Hamura statue so he would only have 1/9 left in his body.
What makes you say that was 8/9th of his Kurama chakra? I don't recall any statement for that.

We've seen Naruto make multiple clones of his full Biju mode before.

Going by the accepted blog on chakra mechanisms it should scale.
@UchihaSlayer96 hes citing your text get him. But in all seriousness not only does the chakra blog not inherently allow it, recently KT passed a thread about chakra being an NPES.

Sure so Boruto era Naruto and Sasuke should be 5-B with Susanoo/KA (half of the Hagoromo or Kaguya calc, whichever is higher).
No

Also regarding the LoJ stuff, there is ample evidence of chakra amps not being evenly linear if linear at all so it’s not so simple as “Toneri drained most of his Kurama chakra therefore Kurama scales”
The problem is .
1. It's not most of kcm he drained. What he drained is like 1 tail worth of chakra
2. Yes chakra amps are not linear but what other chakra did toneri absorb apart from kurama

3. If I remember correctly in the novel after toneri destroys the earth I could have sworn he said him and hinato and the Palace would be completely fine as the tenseigan would keep them safe while he recreated the earth

What makes you say that was 8/9th of his Kurama chakra? I don't recall any statement for that.

It wasn't a clone . They showed Kurama after he left the mode. Kurama was not drawn as his normal glowing self but as the way he is when he is separated from naruto and he had 8 tails showing.

A clone would not have 8 tails. I think they were clearly indicating that naruto had only 1 tails of chakra with him.

Also considering kurama avatar is a significant amp and naruto had access to it since it was just a kurama clone he sent out. Wouldn't it make sense for him to like, use it to fight toneri himself?

Also toneri said he was going to recreate the world after destroying the earth? If he meant to shatter the earth completely how the hell would he re create it and shouldn't that be in his tenseigan justification?

Yes and by doing that he first transforms into his bijuu mode and then uses the shadow clone justu to make clones. He didn't first enter bijuu mode but straight up separates kurama from the start. Nor did he use the shadow clone hand signs but simply shouted Kurama. In the entire series I don't think naruto has done the shadow clone justu even once without hand signs. Heck even in boruto where sasuke spams chidori without hand signs they still show naruto use it. So to claim it was a shadow clone I don't get why.

And we visibly see a shot of kurama and he is shown with 8 tails. If it was a clone it would be full 9 tails. So that's where we got the deduction that one tails worth of chakra was used for nsruto bsm

I'm pretty sure that Kurama having 8 tails thing is just an animation error.
Animation error for a full panel . How do you even make that error? Also in the fight against the golem pause the video and count the tails. It is still 8 like all the times they showed kurama it was 8
That is some hell of an animation error.

Besides when kurama was falling with the golem to the hole in the moon that naruto chakra made prior naruto was shouting and visibly worried. Definitely won't be worried about a clone.

“Bro he’s at 1 tail of chakra” is not only pulled out of nowhere but chakra absorption amps aren’t linear so it doesn’t matter

“Bro he’s at 1 tail of chakra” is not only pulled out of nowhere but chakra absorption amps aren’t linear so it doesn’t matter
The anime pretty clearly showed this to use by repeatedly showing kurama with 8 tails. This would signify 1 tail worth of chakra is in naruto.

Let's go ahead and say number of tails and chakra isn't linear it still shows that the larger portion of kurama and naruto chakra was fighting the golem and was not in naruto at the moment. So a small portion of naruto chakra still powered the golem.

And yes chakra absorption amps are not linear but this is quite different. The reason the amps are not linear in the first place is because absorption amp is your chakra together with which ever you absorbed . For example 100 shinobi chakra being enough to blow up the moon. They can't scale individually because when chakra comes together it always forms something entirely different than when they were scattered and separated.

The orb is quite different. The orb on it's own doesn't contain any power. It's job is simply absorb chakra and whatever it absorbs is what is in the orb. So no new chakra is formed but just naruto chakra. I think it would be pretty weird for a small portion of naruto chakra alone to be ale to destroy the earth yet full powered naruto won't scale to it ?

I go over it in the OP
Yes you say there's no supportive calcs (there are here, there's 3 of them) and that it's an ace technique that shouldn't scale to physicals (CT > 6t >~ Pain) but we're not scaling them to physicals but rather the avatars.
So I'm not seeing literally any reasons as to why they shouldn't scale.

It's not that we need reasons for them not to scale; we need reasons for them to scale in the first place.
But we do have them?
Sasuke first speculated, and then confirmed it when they appeared which is in the manga and anime. And, as someone irrelevantly brought up Storm 4, they outright state that he's stronger than Kaguya, the whole 'You don't look as strong as Kaguya' thing was very blatantly a taunt.
There's also shit like Momoshiki saying stuff like 'saves me the trouble of having to punish her myself' even after knowing the amount of Chakra that the Earth (which would mean Kaguya) possessed.

But we do have them?
Sasuke first speculated, and then confirmed it when they appeared which is in the manga and anime. And, as someone irrelevantly brought up Storm 4, they outright state that he's stronger than Kaguya, the whole 'You don't look as strong as Kaguya' thing was very blatantly a taunt.
There's also shit like Momoshiki saying stuff like 'saves me the trouble of having to punish her myself' even after knowing the amount of Chakra that the Earth (which would mean Kaguya) possessed.
I wasn't talking about Momoshiki or Kinshiki?

But we do have them?
Damage is speaking about them scaling to the techniques that others are proposing. He said nothing regarding Momo/Kaguya scaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back