• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP: Secret Laboratory profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are profiles for characters from SCP: Secret Laboratory allowed? SCP in itself is kinda a funky thing with canon, but i feel SCP Secret Lab has it's reasons to be on this site:
  • The SCPs are far different from their actual counterpart. they have their own distinct feats and ratings from their canon versions
  • Said SCPs are not just copy pasted versions of their ogs, having their own custom abilities not seen with their original counterparts (939 is capable of becoming invisible, basically all of them having regeneration due to Hume shield, 049 causing cardiac arrest to kill someone instead of just shutting off all organs, 079 being capable of controlling the entire Site, and being capable of tanking a nuke, etc)
  • SCP Secret lab is one of the biggest SCP Games currently, (the only one being bigger than it being Fragmented minds) giving it quite the relevancy to the SCP Community
  • Having an SCP team profile would be kinda wicked, honestly-
they are non-canon versions of their wikidot versions, but i think despite that they have enough to get on the site.

aight so the vese peaks at City level with the nuclear warhead, and is solidly inside 9-B.
Yeah he's the only one who scales to City level, as he's the only person in game to survive the nuclear warhead
SCP-096, SCP-173, Micro (scales to 096 breaking down steel doors: At least 9-B)
SCP-939, SCP-049, SCP-106 (scales/downscales to grenade explosion; 9-B)
Facility Guard, MTF, Chaos Insurgency (scales to being top-of-the-line soldiers/being able to fight them; 9-C, 9-B with certain weaponry)
Scientists and D-Class (without armor/weapons) (Athletic Human)

Last edited:
wouldnt the humans scale to the 9-Bs since iirc they can harm them with weapons, and dont get oneshot by their own weapons, and can survive some scp attacks

wouldnt the humans scale to the 9-Bs since iirc they can harm them with weapons, and dont get oneshot by their own weapons, and can survive some scp attacks
i feel like 9-B would be for the micro and grenades and body armor when it came to humans

You can harm scps with their own weaponry, but you only really get effective results in larger groups and effectively use Chip damage to kill them unless using the micro.

Most of the time a human can survive hits from SCPs because they're wearing body armor, which obviously would be 9-B.

So humans would be 10-A or 9-C (10-A for scientists and D-Class, MTF, Guards, and Chaos Insurgency would be 9-C as they're described as top of the line soldiers) 9-C with weaponry, 9-B with grenades, various anomalous items, and the micro.

things like weaponry are 9-C just for being guns, and them alone can do basically meaningless damage to SCPs, but in large numbers can actually do something. (theoretically that can be '9-B in squads' but idk)

Yeah these profiles are fine for the wiki as long as they're separate from the main SCP verse page.

why 10-A for researchers and d-class, and can any unarmored human survive at least one attack from and of the 9-Bs

why 10-A for researchers and d-class
They're pretty pathetic compared to their other human classes, and aren't even trained soldiers unlike the rest of the classes. they're also 1-2 shot from MTF/Chaos.
and can any unarmored human survive at least one attack from and of the 9-Bs
Not by traditional means, no. Most of them one shot unarmored humans. the only exception being 939 who takes 3-4 hits to kill one. although that can be chalked up to game mechanics as in the trailer is able to one shot MTF

Last edited:
The verse actually might become 9-A eventually, due to the 3-X Particle Disruptor being able to vaporize humans. but unfortunately, the gun isn't in the game in a traditional sense, so it's not usable for feats right now.

This is in a very dicey position, isn't it? As far as I'm aware, it isn't sanctioned by the SCP wiki, but then again SCP wiki hardly protects its canon.

It feels wrong to have it on the site, I can say that, at least.

This is in a very dicey position, isn't it? As far as I'm aware, it isn't sanctioned by the SCP wiki, but then again SCP wiki hardly protects its canon.

It feels wrong to have it on the site, I can say that, at least.
I mean, what’s the difference between this and goku’s multiple pages for games he’s in? They seem to be different continuities for each.

I mean, what’s the difference between this and goku’s multiple pages for games he’s in? They seem to be different continuities for each.
That's... an extremely different case. Nobody's going around just making Dragon Ball games because they can, and then having their pages on here. The pages we have on here are officially made games by the original creators. Ultima's example of Cthulhu is closer to SCP's case but I don't feel it is spot on, either- I feel this is more in the vein of Jeff the Killer fangames than Cthulhu Mythos references, which we've had debates about in the past that tend to lean towards "if the original creator isn't involved, it can't be used".

I'm gonna copy and paste what I said on the SCP discussion thread.

Much like the Cthulhu Mythos, SCP is an IP that the public is able to use freely to create derivative works. As we've seen from Winnie the Pooh and its horror movie adaptation, such works take story elements directly from the source but change certain aspects of it to fit a new narrative.

With this in mind, SCP being a public creative fiction project, means it lends itself to being in the same camp as these public domain IPs. Which means works such as Containment Breach, Secret Laboratory, and Confidement, would be considered completely new IPs separate from the main source. As such you're free to make profiles for them on this wiki as long as they're treated as completely separate works that are in no way related to the main SCP verse page.

I'll also add to this and say that I'm pretty sure profiles for that one Slenderman movie would be allowed despite Slenderman being a public domain creepy pasta.

As has been said many times in the past, SCP is allowed on the site despite being public domain* due to a sense of control over the media that the site has. It is different than other sites in that a level of quality control is assured. If you'll recall, Ovens, this was one of the sole threads by which SCP hung to this wiki. By saying, more or less, "we can allow anything SCP related, because SCP is sort of public domain", you annihilate that presumption of quality control.

*: Creative Commons, technically, but you get the idea.

The core difference between, for example, Winnie the Pooh and SCP, is that SCP cannot be licensed. Winnie the Pooh is public domain, but the Blood and Honey movie is owned by someone, distributed by someone, as a product- once it is out, it is immutable. Someone creating, say, an animatic based on the movie with an alternate ending, cannot change the movie nor our ratings of it.

With SCP, this is slightly different. As said above, SCP is licensed under Creative Commons, and more or less functions under the rule of "You can make whatever you want with anything from SCP, but you must include your work under Creative Commons as well, thus allowing anybody else to make something off of your contribution".

So it isn't a comparable situation to the Cthulhu Mythos, where anybody could make something with Cthulhu, Azathoth, etc included- but there would not be an argument for them to be on the wiki from that fact alone.

So aye, I'm against expanding what SCP shit we can/cannot have on here, this seems like an incredible overstep that would be laughed offstage were it not presented by everyone's favorite tiershit verse.

The core difference between, for example, Winnie the Pooh and SCP, is that SCP cannot be licensed. Winnie the Pooh is public domain, but the Blood and Honey movie is owned by someone, distributed by someone, as a product- once it is out, it is immutable. Someone creating, say, an animatic based on the movie with an alternate ending, cannot change the movie nor our ratings of it.
Yeah but Secret Laboratory would work the same way...? Northwood Studios owns Secret Laboratory, and cant be changed by fans, because Northwood is the only ones developing the game.

Someone writing a complex rework of how SCP-096 works in Secret Lab wouldn't change how he functions in game. Nor would someone writing conceptual lore for the game affect the actual lore of Secret Lab.

My argument is against Ovens' general policy and how that argument would affect SCP as a whole. Handwaving any and all SCP content is, in fact, a dogass idea.

I agree that we shouldn't just allow all SCP content. But to a discernable limit, stuff should be allowed like any independent company or creator making a game or movie with SCP characters and/or concepts.

Think of it like Avengers game. Marvel owns the characters, but Square Enix owns the rights to make the game.

I agree that we shouldn't just allow all SCP content. But to a discernable limit, stuff should be allowed like any independent company or creator making a game or movie with SCP characters and/or concepts.

Think of it like Avengers game. Marvel owns the characters, but Square Enix owns the rights to make the game.
This is also not even remotely close to the SCP situation, how do you keep doing that

Square Enix has a license distributed by Marvel/Disney that allows them to make their game

SCP is a situation where literally anyone can make anything and have it included

two different situations

But the game isn't connected to the main canon, is what I'm getting at.

There is a discernable divide that we can clearly see and tell, wherein content like Secret Laboratory or Condfidement are standalone canons from the main wiki articles.

Right, the game isn't connected because it is a fan game, Ovens. We have an entire wiki for that very sort of thing.

As discussed with Zark and Ultima, SCP is licensed under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 copyright. This means that the SCP wiki itself owns the license for the SCP brand. However, should you wish to use any characters or concepts from the wiki, you have to attribute credit and also mark your work under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.

Essentially, any work not produced on the SCP wiki isn't owned by the SCP wiki entity, and wouldn't be legally canon to the SCP wiki. In this sense, as long as you perform the proper credits and license your work under CC-BY-SA 3.0, you have the license to make content under the SCP brand that isn't tied to the main wiki. Apropos, Secret Laboratory isn't fanfiction; it is a completely licensed product under the SCP brand.

Here is the page I ripped all of this from. Also for reference, in the description of Confinement, you can clearly see the license and credit attribution. This makes it a licensed work under the official SCP brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back