• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP Discussion Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id just like to point out that the allusing to infinite relities stacked on top of each other is the exact depiction of Icthis' map, the guy who explicitly travels between higher and lower dimensions for fun and research

Yeah, except they are called worlds, are likened to universes, have living beings...they are universes.

Kepekley23 said:
Yeah, except they are called worlds, are likened to universes, have living beings...they are universes.
I'm just going to repost my earlier response to that. I seriously think we should disregard mentions of narratives within djkaktus II and just wait for feats/scaling.

Kepekley23 said:
It's stated numerous times by 001 that's he going to destroy all realities and then leave only one (the Foundation's) intact.
Therefore, when he says he is going to remove all narratives but "this one", then proceeds to describe the state of the universe he'd leave behind, it's clear that he is saying the narratives are the same as the universes
Correlation does not mean causation. In other places and tales he uses the phrase differently (Such as telling 085 "this narrative has ended"), and a contradictory author statement just makes it even more shaky. He's removing narratives and leaving a single universe, that doesn't mean narratives are universes or vice versa. There's parallel structure "This One. One Universe", but that isn't directly saying the Universe is a narrative.

That said, the argument that supports him being on 3812's level is invalid for the same reasons. I'm arguing we should ignore the statement and the author post in general because of how shaky it is, and how differently it's being interpreted, and wait until more feats and statements come.

Plus, infinite realities stacked atop one another doesn't mean High 1-B unless each layer sees the previous one as spatially flat or, better yet, fiction.

Something that is not the case, as stated by the O-5.

Kepekley23 said:
Plus, infinite realities stacked atop one another doesn't mean High 1-B unless each layer sees the previous one as spatially flat or, better yet, fiction.
Something that is not the case, as stated by the O-5.
This I agree with.

I don't think we should liken them to universes as an anti-feat, but there isn't nearly enough evidence for even Tier 1 at all.

I mean, the purpose of the wiki, contrary to the title, is to catalog the power of fictional characters. The battles are more of something fun on the side.

Dargoo Faust said:
I mean, the purpose of the wiki, contrary to the title, is to catalog the power of fictional characters. The battles are more of something fun on the side.
By that how strong do you think the foundation is compable to other orgniztion in other fiction verses

Cain Fastus said:
Dargoo Faust said:
By that how strong do you think the foundation is compable to other orgniztion in other fiction verses
Goes up to 1-B, possibly higher as it stands. I belive there is some discussion from Azzy and Weekly in regards to upgrades and explanations in regards to scaling, so hopefully we'll be more clear on that in the future.

We're not hitting High 1-B or 1-A for a while, or at least until we get something that completely and utterly trancends the narrative structure we currently use for it.

Yeah, speaking of that, why wouldn't Swann be High 1-B if it views SCP-3812 as fiction?

Because seeing something that is large number-dimensional as fiction doesn't put you at infinite dimensions. It puts you at large number plus one.

3812 is "finite but way above 6-digits and always increasing dimensional" while Swann is just "3812's dimensions plus one". Seeing something as fiction only puts you one dimension above. If it put you infinitely many dimensions above, 3812 would by High 1-B by seeing the reality it inhabited a couple of minutes ago as fiction.

@Cain Fastus We're not listing all 001 proposals for the same reason we don't list every single SCP, no-one's bothered and no-one cared about the others enough to make profiles for them.

@Phoenix821 Yes, Mary does transcend the narratives, and swann transcends Mary.

According to Kaktus' second proposal there are infinite narratives, but that potentially uses a different definition, putting that at High 2-A.

According to 3812, it's constantly ascending through narratives. So it's currently only above a finite number of narratives, and it's unknown whether given enough time it will reach the top or just ascend forever.

Possibly.

Currently it's only ascended above a finite number of narratives, and it's unknown whether it will eventually reach the top or keep ascending forever.

Even if the number of narratives is infinite, 3812 will always only be above a finite number of them.

if there were infinite narratives and both Mary and Swan transcends them would that make them High 1-B theoretically?

Given Mary's statement of being superior to "Everything and everything below everything and everything above everything", I'd think they would be.

@Cain Fastus It'd be inconclusive. 3004 can do literally nothing to 682, but 682 lacks the AP/hax to knock 3004 out. Maybe 682 could adapt something to win but I don't think it's shown adapting enough reality warping to take down an incorporeal low 2-C.

Agnaa said:
Given Mary's statement of being superior to "Everything and everything below everything and everything above everything", I'd think they would be.
@Cain Fastus It'd be inconclusive. 3004 can do literally nothing to 682, but 682 lacks the AP/hax to knock 3004 out. Maybe 682 could adapt something to win but I don't think it's shown adapting enough reality warping to take down an incorporeal low 2-C.
By semi restricted scp 682 i meant the he will hsve no immortalty nor would he allwed to adapt on a level higher than scp 3004

Still, the immortality's not what keeps 682 in the game, it's the resistances and mid-godly regen. So probably still inconclusive.

On an unrelated note why scp 3000 is considerd thaumiel? Also if you told to read the aricle the I should tell that Im a lazy person do just tell why it is considerd thaumiel and not a giant keter eel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back