• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP 001 SAS- tier upgrade

Hello, I have read threads regarding this but can't seem to understand as to why scp 001 SAS is listed as 1-B along with other god-tiers of SCP-verse. Shouldn't it be tier 0 because it is actually us. Yeah, unlike writer avatars like TOAA and the writer (from DC), we are SCP-001 SAS, not even our avatars.

So, how exactly are we below fictional characters like say, presence or other 1-A characters because last time I checked, presence can't kill me and since he is fictional, and I am real, I should be infinitely above him. So, shouldn't SAS technically be tier 0?

We've had a many threads revolving scp in the past. Just know this profile is under a crap ton of revisions and could probably end up at 2-A if things go how they were going last time I checked.

Also nothing you said makes you tier 0: TOAA and the Writer are tier zero for many different reasons (and TOAA is probably getting downgraded by the end of this year).

@EnnardTrap1987 Yeah, it actually doesn't make sense for us to be weaker than any fictional character. Also, the fact that there are many stacks of reality also makes this clear because we should theoritically the topmost stack of the reality, which SCP-3812 should never reach as all the stacks of reality are merely fictional and I don't believe that there are stacks of reality above the universe we live in.

@Keeweed

Well, how doesn't it make us tier-0? All the possible entities, powers, concepts, stacks of reality, etc no matter how vast are actually created by us and controlled by us. We can retcon the scarlet king into a child if we wanted to. If the entire scp-verse is destroyed, we will be unaffected by it and the biggest fact is all the levels of reality are fictional, not real but we are.

Also, how exactly is any tier 0 character going to kill me ? Like how, exactly do you think Kami Tenchi or Fetherine is going to defeat me or kill because last time I checked, anime characters don't jump out of the T.V to kill us or show their Godhood. So, all this sounds tier 0 to me.

Also, no matter what revisions the wiki mught go through, that will not change the fact that all of those characters are fictional and we're real and how exactly can a fictional character under any tiering system be beyond me.

Because Scp 001 isn't us, as in a real human being writing a fictional story. He is a fictional character that views other characters in his verse as fictional which is a gigantic difference. The requirements for tier 0 are hard to explain (or at least I wouldn't be able to quickly explain them), but I could get someone knowledgeable to explain them, because I at least know this isn't tier 0. This is reality-fiction interaction; which is meaningless on this site.

"He" is not a fictional character, there is no "he" here. The foundation looked into who is God and found that they are fictional and are written by us, the SCP writers. Read the article again, then you will understand.

I think you are reffering to Ben from 3812 as the SAS, he isn't SAS, he is just a normal God, nothing more. Ben can't possibly be SAS because on the SCP wikia, it is banned to mention a particular SCP 001 proposal as there is no fixed SCP-001. That is why the gate guardian entry was removed from scp-682's page.

this again

here read this and you'll understand why fiction v reality doesn't get treated that way here

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Reality_-_Fiction_Interaction

and as an example here superboy prime came to earth prime aka real world and could kill the writers is he 0? no for one simple reason he gets beat down by charaters far below that

or another example crimson king, he flat out killed the writer of his story dose that mean he is 0? no since he is still far below Gon

Last edited:
Yes they are a writer by the foundations standards, but the foundation is fictional. SCP 001 is real by their standards, but 001 is still a fictional character.

Also, the story expicitely mentions us, not as an author avatar or a fictional character but " a bunch of horror story writers". This was the intention of the author too, to signify that we ourself are SCP-001. So, the reality fiction interaction doesn't actually hold that well in this context.

Just because it hints at the writers of the site it doesn't mean that it's actually the writers of the site. Even if it did mean that, the writers would still be fictional, as you can't have real people be apart of a fictional story. The writer in DC is literally one of the real writers of DC comic; we still count him as fictional because fiction can't include real people by default because it's fiction.

Sir sun ma,

I have actually read that which is what I am stating. The problem is the intent of the actaul author was to potray us as the real-life authors not the "fictional" authors which you are mentioning or the the ones that were killed by deadpool in the non-canon comics.

Even SCPs that have experienced Metafiction didn't know about us for a reason as it is reffering to the actual horror writers which cannot be possible percieved by any fictinal entity.

@Keeweed

That's the thing, it also mentions that we are changing the SCP entries from outside and that we can't directly jump into the the SCP-verse just as is the case with normal writers and stories.

Tyranno223 said:
Didn't Weekly say he had an argument to keep SCP in 1B? Also what ever happened to the High 1B/1A debate.
I know he said that, but I've seen like 4 threads now where Weekly's verses have been downgraded despite him trying to debate it for months. I actually wish Scp got upgraded rather than downgraded, but considering how Matt once said it would only be upgraded in Weekly's dream and how Dargoo was pretty dead set on downgrading it; I'm pretty sure it's going to get downgraded.

Nekron2 said:
@Keeweed

That's the thing, it also mentions that we are changing the SCP entries from outside and that we can't directly jump into the the SCP-verse just as is the case with normal writers and stories.
"Thirdly, Author Avatars do not equate tier 0 boundlessness"

"Firstly, no matter what the author's intentions are, fiction and reality can never fully interact. The real world, and real people can be simulated within fiction, but they will still be fictional representations and characters. As such, no fictional character can be responsible for the creation of "The real world"."

Once again the reality-fiction interaction page exist for this very reason. Being the writer means literally nothing.

All the the SCP entries were created by the SAS and everything is fictional to them, meaning all the stacks of reality are fictional, SCP-3812, the ever transcending entity is fictional and all the other gods like the all-mighty are nothing but an entry/tale written by them, so, my original question was how exactly are these other SCPs in equal footing with SAS? He should by definition be infinity higher than them.

Even if he was infinitely higher than them that would just be high 1-B. And that's ignoring a few things that made him 1-B in the first place. It also ignores the downgrades that are going to make him either 2-A or high 2-A at best.

Well, my original intent was just that, either Upgrade SAS or downgrade the rest of the entitities because SAS is higher that them. So, listing him on equal footing with them makes no sense.

I am saying that since there are endless narratives, other SCPs should be infinitely below him so, technically, he should be high 1-B or the other SCPs should be at 1-C.

They are 1-B for reasons that don't revolve around scp 001. They wouldn't be downgraded to 1-C because they have 1-B feats of their own (well ignoring the recent downgrades anyways).

Keeweed said:
We've had a many threads revolving scp in the past. Just know this profile is under a crap ton of revisions and could probably end up at 2-A if things go how they were going last time I checked.
I believe you mean High 1-B. 2-A is unfounded given the new evidence

You guys know we have an SCP Discord where we discuss all the ratings right?

We are currently arguing if Swann should trancend all SCPs or just the "database". Like there's little evidence to support Swann being trancendant of all other SCPs besides the author avatar satement which means jack when you realize 3812 can continuously climb reality-fiction interactions.

Hell, 3812 could have gone above Swann and we wouldn't know because there's no information on Swann that would lead us to that conclusion or otherwise.

Long story short, SCP makes no sense when you try to piece the whole thing together. We've had extensive arguments on the Discord and have simply come to the conclusion that nothing works. The complete disconnect between canons and the fact that they're all possibly canon completely breaks the scaling system.

Well, by the logic of database, SAS is at the top level of the various levels of reality and since there are infinite levels, SCP-3812 should never possibly be able to reach SAS.

Also, it will really help if you could provide a link to the SCP discord.

Nekron2 said:
All the the SCP entries were created by the SAS and everything is fictional to them, meaning all the stacks of reality are fictional, SCP-3812, the ever transcending entity is fictional and all the other gods like the all-mighty are nothing but an entry/tale written by them, so, my original question was how exactly are these other SCPs in equal footing with SAS? He should by definition be infinity higher than them.
Citation needed for every SCP as an individual being having been created by SAS (especially since that would cause circular scaling to itself).

Well, by the logic of database, SAS is at the top level of the various levels of reality and since there are infinite levels, SCP-3812 should never possibly be able to reach SAS.

Citation needed for SAS being above all narratives. Also, citation needed for there being infinite narratives above the main narrative.

@Everyone Else As far as I can tell most god-tiers would be downgraded to 2-A, some to High 2-A, and a few (All-Mighty) might get Low 1-C. On top of this, some narrative SCPs (3812, 2747, Swann) would get High 1-B.

nah, i still belive the All Mighty should be low 1-B and the rest of god-tier should be High 1-C :p and the narrative entities should be High 1-B xD

Perhaps, the revisions aren't exactly fleshed out yet.

Sir Ovens said:
Long story short, SCP makes no sense when you try to piece the whole thing together. We've had extensive arguments on the Discord and have simply come to the conclusion that nothing works. The complete disconnect between canons and the fact that they're all possibly canon completely breaks the scaling system.
SCP makes perfect sense if you dont try to overthink it like you guys do

SCP makes perfect sense if you dont try to overthink it like you guys do

I agree with you here. Scaling and shit generally works fine, it's just if you try to treat each individual canon hub as separate for scaling purposes everything breaks, because they're not meant to be taken separately in the first place.

Agnaa said:
I agree with you here. Scaling and shit generally works fine, it's just if you try to treat each individual canon hub as separate for scaling purposes everything breaks, because they're not meant to be taken separately in the first place.
Yes, they are, that's why they're separate canons. They're separate stories and themes and canons that only share a base set of similarities but beyond that have no relation to one another outside of being on the same site.

We don't treat them as if they're separate, they ARE separate, and you have been trying to lump it all together for scaling purposes.

All of them seem to end up crossing over with one another eventually, hence why they cannot be taken separately.

Agnaa said:
All of them seem to end up crossing over with one another eventually, hence why they cannot be taken separately.
All of them have different settings and eventually contradict one another, hence why they cannot be taken together.

Holyhotsauce said:
All of them have different settings and contradict one another practically all the time, hence why they cannot be taken together.
There's canonically a multiverse, with certain different hubs taking place in different parts of the multiverse, resolving these contradictions and differing settings.

Also, not all of them have different settings, the vast majority can simply be taken together.

Agnaa said:
There's canonically a multiverse, with certain different hubs taking place in different parts of the multiverse, resolving these contradictions and differing settings.

Also, not all of them have different settings, the vast majority can simply be taken together.
There isn't 'canonically' anything, some hubs have a multiverse and some hubs do not. Even if they do have a multiverse, simply saying that they all exist in the same multiverse without that being stated in both canons is unviable.

Not all of them have different settings, but they all have unique versions of the setting they're in and simply taking them all together even if they're not stated to be connected is, again, unviable.

I don't even know if any of the problem hubs fail to mention a multiverse, which is what you'd need to demonstrate for the first point to hold.

I consider "unique versions of the setting they're in that are so unique they conflict" as "different settings".

And again, I'm taking them together because they cross over, showing that they're connected.

Some authors even directly say that their verse intertwines with other verses, like Acidverse and Verse of an Endless Song for example

Back