• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sayaka Miki vs Yujiro Hanma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but Baki was able to beat the technique because his speed was equal right? The same thing would happen here.

Though I guess you could make an argument that his speed was increasing as they fought, but that occured mostly near the end after the entire Yujiro traveling world chapter.

The life force would also be asborbed onto Sayaka, she would only become better as the fight goes on.

Baki was the one who used the technique, then Yujiro copied it and did it better.

All of the attack energy that she inflicts will also be redirected back at her will eventually destroy her gem

It seems like a war of attrition and I believe Yujiro's tenacity pushes it in his favor

That would imply Yujiro would attack the gem, but he has no reason to. Like I said, his info analysis will only tell him that its more durable, so if anything he would outright avoid it.

Yujiro's stamina is actually less than Sayaka's fyi, espically with life absorption involved.

He also has a massive intelligence advantage. I'm 100% sure that he could extrapolate that her power has a source and figure it out eventually. Especially considering he figured things out like how Jane in Vietnam was actually Diane Neil, a spy trying to assasinate Yujiro, based on just the fact that she knew there was a secret door in the military HQ and how comfortable she was opening it.

And what clues would give that away @Anttron?

@Iaptius I dunno, what's stopping Sayaka from just using sleep manip or just avoiding him with glyph creation espically with that range advantage? Not to mention, I still haven't actually gotten the scan of it working on someone with equal speed.

Also claiming he would outright avoid it is demonstably false considering he's the kind of guy who purposefully challenges himself and does relatively impossible feats just because he felt like it or to prove a point. In fact, atacking her more durable spot would be in-character.

If he wants to challenge himself, why would he start by using Xiao Lee, if he even starts with that now that I think about it.

They both have Extremely High stamina, which Yujiro gets a boost in because of Demon Back. She doesn't have the speed advantage

Yujiro isn't going to kill himself for a challenge. he does what he knows he should do. i.e. Crushing a rock, not letting himself get fully battered by someone stronger.

Ah...so that's how his ability works. My mistake for mistaking it with SEI.

With that said, I wonder what ability that power falls to? It sounds like he is just that fast to attack before his opponent can move. I'm not sure if that can be considered as ability at all.

@Data

Speed is equalised, that's what stops her. The entire point is that he completely bypasses reaction time to move on reflex. The only real way you could stop the technique is to just be flat out faster, or how your own reflex based moves

@Data Hints? The fact that she is doing magical attacks and moves and she has a foreign material attached to her nave that he's never seen before that his info analysis says is structurally more durable than the combatant herself

@Data He'll use xiao lee because Yujiro will do anything he needs to win, and once he realizes he's fighting a physically stronger opponent, which he's never delt with before, he'll have to use it

@Anttron to know that she's that much stronger than him via magic, he would have to experience her attacks first no? She would one shot if that's the case.

Sayaka's stamina is based on her abusing her regen/fighting for days without restoring her soul gem at all. I don't think Yujiro has stamina feats comparable to that without at least having some time between fights to recover.

More durable/foreign materials doesn't hint that its her soul, at all.

@Iaptus I don't see how speed equal negates the range advantage or her ability to end the battle quickly via sleep manip or life absorption.

The main thing is that she needs to think to use it. Just by how fast they are, at the very least he would cross the distance on instinct alone, and likely a hit or a dozen. Remember, anything that requires thought to activate he acts before on instinct

Given Sayaka's range he has to cross 100 meters before Sayaka even reacts, ignoring the fact that the technique probably isn't applicable for running (as far as I'm aware) and he hasn't been shown starting with said technique.

But the biggest problem is that you're assuming he would be able to cross said distance in 0.5 seconds from their perspectives. In real-time, he would easily but they're both MHS here. By the time he's on his second or third meter she should have at least done something.

Nico-v11 said:
Incapacitated in the sense that he can break her arms, legs, or put her in a lock to where she can't move. Stuff like that.

Besides Yujiro's stamina is stupidly high. His stamina is higher than those of people who can:

1. Walk from the coast of Florida to Japan in a single day

2. Swim underwater for 200 meters

3. Continue fighting after having their fingers broken, the inside of their mouths blown up, cheeks shot through, and taken lethal beatings.

4. Tank 1,000 tons of ammo from the U.S Army for days

Keep in mind Yujiro is >>>>>>> above all of this.
I posted these stamina feats earlier. About the pain resistance I was referring to the conversation that Kyubey and Madoka had discussing why he removed their souls into soul gems. One of the reasons is that now that can take more pain than regular people (pain specifically not just damage).

@Nico

1 is impressive, but with their speed that wouldn't require as much stamina as say, a normal human swimming there.

2 Cool but not sure how it compares

3 And Sayaka can fight after having her own heart cut out or have a tree branch impale her. Even a regular magical girl can keep on fighting after her heart's been torn to shreds or every last drop of blood is gone.

4 For a 7-C? That's impressive but not on this scale.

Kyubey doesn't state that actually. He talks about how the body can be repaired regardless of damage but never mentions pain.

@Anttron But it only has significance because its her soul is what I'm saying.

I'm saying that he wouldn't know it's her soul, just that it has some kind of inportance due to the circumstances surrounding it

Oh okay, but said importance wouldn't translate into him determining its her weakness, right?... Because none of those circumstances would make one think so without knowing its her soul.

Just saying that its something he would think about. He wouldn't fully understand as it's out of his experience, but he wouldn't be clueless either and might attempt attacking it to see what happens.

@SomebodyData

1. In a single day is very impressive regardless.

2. Holding your breath and maintaining it while performing aerobic exorcise for 200 meters is the impressiveness.

3. Ok

4. Definitely going to be chip damage and the fact that it was days as well (tank rounds likely included). Regardless it's a long time of just sitting there, you'd need high stamina for that alone.

Their stamina is in similar leagues so it won't be much of a factor. I mean one of them is going to beat the other before their stamina runs out.

1. With stamina, the shorter the timeframe becomes the less of a feat it is (As it becomes more of a speed feat). Though it is still impressive I'll give you that.

2. Like I said, not sure how it compares to all of these feats tho.

4. Bullets won't be able to do chip damage to him. Best case scenerio is that they're 8-A attacks and then you would have a point.

True, but it'll take a few hits for Sayaka to kill him. On the other hand Yujiro has to overwhelm her regen or take out the soul gem. He lacks the AP/AoE for the former and wouldn't be able to realize the latter (Not to mention the gem is even more durable than her own body's durability, he'll probably get a few hits in but stop when he sees its hardly effective and he has no reason to believe it'll change anything.)

Vote retracted. I still think the overwhelming skill gap pretty much leaves her incapable of landing any real hits.

I mean, the Stinger attacks and Typhoon make great suprise attacks. The Sleep Manip is just sound.

Then again, Yujiro isn't the type to dodge, is he?

Well he's a good judge of character seeing how he can identify so much from just seeing someone. I think that if he were to perceive any real threat from Sayaka then yeah he would.

Not to mention seeing someone perform magic would put anyone on guard lol.

Yeah after rereading the thread, Sayaka likely puts on sound and Yujiro falls asleep before he beats her regen and soul gem

Voting Sayaka

Wouldn't he beat her before she uses it since it's not an attack that she's used in the primary canon?

Umm

No?

Especially considering the massive distance he has to cross.

Besides, most people in verse resist sleep no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back