• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sayaka Miki vs Yujiro Hanma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weirdly enough there's no real reason as to why Sayaka needs to breathe, but she still needs too.

But if that's a thing, Yujiro sucks her breath gg

We don't know. It's just a skill she has, and it's hard to determine whether or not using it is in character since it wasn't a thing yet when the anime aired

Yeah it's pretty much what I said. We've never actually seen her use it on a anyone (unless there's a scene in the game where she does use it).

A playable attack however doesn't really count as an in character thing to do since that's just the player doing it.

Hmmm no, an attack in a game counts as "Might be used but we don't know exactly when".

Otherwise it's like saying that no one in FF VII would ever use spells in combat because who gets which spells is player choice.

So it's not something ooc, we just don't know when she'd use it

I think you got it backwards, Marvy is the person who inflicts statuses by punching

@Kal I mean sure I guess but if there's no instances of when it's used when we have a medium where the characters act on their own (unlike day Minecraft where it's all player based) I'd say that's OOC.

Anyway that's for another thread.

Cant watch the video rn but werent Homura, Mami, and Madoka unaffected in Patricia's barrier which is at a really high altitude?

Depends on how the altitude. They were probably not high enough to have those issues.

They call them corpses but their more vessels. They still blink, eat, use the restroom, or do any other number of bodily functions.

So yeah they need to breath.

Schnee hasn't fully confirmed. Schee had said "if that's a thing"

I'll retract if the confirmation is there regarding the whole breathing thing.

Looks at the video

That's just Sayaka breathing, that doesn't means she needs to breathe.

@Nico

I'm fairly sure that they were fighting above the clouds, which are 13 kilometers in altitude. You'll be hard pressed to try breathing up there.

Then why breathe at all? Why waste energy doing something unnecessary to oneself such as respirating if it isn't a necessity?

Magical girls can survived in the other space just fine. There is a scene in the final episode of the series when Homura was in other space.

About the breathing thing, Sayaka has been fighting for weeks without purifying her Soul Gem. She has been exhausted of Magic.

Anttron224 said:

Then why breathe at all? Why waste energy doing something unnecessary to oneself such as respirating if it isn't a necessity?
...cause if you've been a human for 14 years of your life you're pretty used to breathing like it's second nature.

Why would she get used to something if it's unnecessary? Why even bother doing it in the first place? Her page doesn't list Respiratory Self-Sustenance, so we can't assume she has it, especially when she's shown to be exhausted and heavily breathing.

You know that Sayaka wasn't born a magical girl right?

Also I'm fairly sure some form of Self-Sustenance was supposed to be added but never was cause CRTs are slow as hell (Madoka/Homura still have Mid-Godly for example)

Meep

Also, say if you just randomly got the ability to live while not breathing. I'm fairly sure you'll 100% still breathe out of sheer habit. Every character with self-sustenance type 1 doesn't just not breathe forever for example. I'm fairly sure Superman still breathes normally.

Alright fair enough.

Yujiro can still just use .5 seconds unconscious to attack her while she's reacting, paralyze her with pressure point strikes and use Mach Punch and other strong attacks with repeated attempts until he gets through her durability and regen and rips out her gem. He could then easily crush it or throw it far away depending on how he feels. Thus taking this match with mid-difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back