• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sayaka Miki vs Yujiro Hanma

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't responding to that nor did I say he could counter it. Although if it travels at the speed of sound wouldn't it be irrelevant in a fight where both people are at least massively hypersonic?

tbf percieving stuff at MHS speeds means it'll take a few minutes in your time for sound to get to you

I'm fairly sure Sayaka's attack is MHS though

It's only a couple hundred meters that when considering their speed can be crossed in a second or two.

Most importantly iirc Sayaka has never started with long range attacks ever in the series.

Because that is her only long ranged attack

Yujiro doesn't resist, so her trying it out is highly likely

Also what was his AP again?

The point is that it won't be her first move. Your argument is she'll use it before he beats her, however it's likely to be the last thing she does especially when at close range where she ALWAYS uses her swords.

"At close range"

Issue is, she isn't letting a massive brute that is Yujiro close to her, even if she does, she gets into CQC, gets wrecked, but then uses it because she has no other chance otherwise

Why not? She literally bum rushes massive witches all the time and other magical girls. She isn't the smartest either. Her primary strategy is to go smash things first.

Besides to her Yujiro is only a human being which would be no where near the danger of a witch.

You can't expect her to anticipate anything from him just as he cannot expect anything from her (until she does magic which will definitely make him question life lol).

Schnee One wrote Besides, most people in verse resist sleep no?

Wotches disguise themselves as people all the time, plus she's in a fight anyway.

I can, anyone who's like 10 years old can look at someone and think "Oh my she's strong"

I can concede that she doesn't lead with it, but I don't see why she doesn't use it after getting dominated in CQC

Actually no, scratch the fact they resist it, Sayaka was straight up insane during most of her fights as well.

Which means that's her in character way of fighting at this point. The majority of her character is like that as such that's what we go with

Not really

We assume both characters at their peak, not "character A is suffering from several mental drama"

If a character is bloodlusted during one instance, we don't assume they are like that in a standard fight

You don't see me saying "lol Lightning storm" in every Cole fight because he was bloodlusted in one instance

She always knows when she's seen a witch when fighting one so that doesn't change anything.

Using yourself is a terrible example. She is a magical girl and her standards of what makes someone powerful are not their looks, especially men. Her seeing a big bulky man without sensing any magic from him will her think he is a regular human being. She will NOT think he is a witch as he would not show any signs of being one.

About the sleep manipulation.....if most people in the verse resist sleep manipulation then there is zero reason why should would use it then.

<She knows a witch when she sees one and he doesn't look like a witch

<But every witch resists sleep so she won't use it against what isn't a witch

Pick one, that's not my entire argument either, it it was my only argument you would have a point.

"<But every witch resists sleep so she won't use it against what isn't a witch"

I never said that. I what I'm saying is that since the verse is full of those that resist sleep manipulation that it is VERY OOC for her to go for that. She's never done it in the show and is only an ability that exists not something she's actively used other than as an in game attack (now that I think about it on what did she even use it against?).

Nico-v11 said:
About the sleep manipulation.....if most people in the verse resist sleep manipulation then there is zero reason why should would use it then.
You literally just stated the exact same thing but worded it differently.

Other magical girls she used it against.

Schnee One said:
We assume both characters at their peak, not "character A is suffering from several mental drama"
Coinciently I'm going to add Homura Revenge info to Sayaka's base key, so her peak is gonna be a bit higher.

I just wanna say the OP post made me think of Kars vs Monika again, a big muscled guy that probably sweats and produces hormones at the speed of sound vs a schoolgirl who unlike Monika isn't legal makes me even more worried. >_>

Well from what I remember:

Regenerated from being shot in the head in like 2 seconds.

Got mentored by Kyubey and Kyoko for about a week.

She learned Scorpion Spear (I guess Scoprion Sword for her) which is Summoning and Size Manipulation.

In her final fight against Homura, her regen got so fast that she wasn't even being affected from the hits.

You literally just stated the exact same thing but worded it differently.

Other magical girls she used it against.

But now you're contradicting what you said about most in the verse resisting sleep manipulation. If she used it against other magical girls then they shouldn't resist it.

Regardless of all that it's still not her first move nor anywhere near it.

Schnee One said:
No, witches resist it, magical girls don't.
Which means that she doesn't use it in character. She hasn't done so against any magical girls in the series.

@Jimboydejuan12

Vote counted.

She fought exactly one magical girl in the entire series

At the beginning

When she didn't even have it

Her from the beginning and when she dies isn't even a long time. If her sleep manipulation works on magical girls but not on witches and she's only ever fought one magical girl before then when hell would she have ever used sleep manipulation??

That just means she hasn't used it period. I don't know how we can count her using it against Yujiro when she hasn't done so previously.

1) People in PMMM don't resist sleep manip (Well, some do, but it's not a general resistance)

2) I genuinely have no clue why you guys are arguing whether or not it's in character or not to use sleep manipulation when we only see it in the game, and in the anime she didn't use it simply because the fact that Sayaka had said power was established years later.

It's just an ability she has and we don't know whether or not she uses it.

Then she likely won't use it then. If we don't know whether she will or won't then we cannot just simply assume she'll do it.

Again if it was established that she had it years later from a secondary canon source then that's more reason to say it would be OOC for her to use.

The votes for her winning are reliant on sleep manipulation something that we don't even know if she uses....how is that even valid?

The same can be said for Yujiro using vacuum palm.

He's never used it at any point in the series, and the only reason we give it to him is because we know he most likely knows it via copying martial arts he's already seen and having learned just about every marital art and secret technique in the series. A lot of people are saying that it gives him a wincon, which doesn't make sense to me sense we've literally never seen him use it, even against people who pose a threat to him (Baki, Kaku, Musashi).

Even him using benda is questionable, since, as Baki notes "it's a technique meant for women and children." Yujiro used it on Baki in SoO, but that was him showing that he wasn't taking Baki seriously and was just trying to humiliate him. Baki even uses it on his dad because he feels like that fight was "brought down to the level of children". Hell, pretty sure Yujrio even said that he doesn't really use it cause "men don't slap" (thought it might've been Baki that said that).

Point is, saying that Yujiro is gonna automatically go for incap via vacuum palm or benda is kinda ignoring Yujiro's in character move set.

Switching to Miki for the aforementioned reasons. @PTSOXMONKEY99 Also pretty sure we already established that vacuum palm wouldn't work because of Miki lacking the need for respiration, and benda is cancelled out by pain nullification. And the reasons those were arguments were brought up in the first place was because Yujiro has never had to fight someone stronger than him, so he would use whatever he had in his arsenal to win. But it doesn't matter because they wouldn't work anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back