• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can go over this all forever but no, absolutely not. If the two are tethered to one another that means they both exert force onto the other when they move. The body has "NPI" relating to its own soul if you want to look at it that way. There's absolutely no reason to think that one is superior to the other and just waving around the word "hax" like it's some catch-all term that means the portrayal has to follow your perception of things isn't going to change that.
You would need to revise the wiki standard on hax to disagree with me on this point.

Soul Manipulation hax against the soul would move the soul. And moving the soul would move the body. The hax has no need to go through physical strength because it's purely in-physical in nature and by definition, ignoring physical statistics.

There's no superiority or anything, it's simply a different way of affecting the same components since they are inherently linked together.

You would need to revise the wiki standard on hax to disagree with me on this point.
Literally nowhere is anything even close to this listed on any page on the entire website.
Soul Manipulation hax against the soul would move the soul. And moving the soul would move the body. The hax has no need to go through physical strength because it's purely in-physical in nature and by definition, ignoring physical statistics.
It goes both ways. If the non-physical movement of the soul has a physical effect on the body, then the physical effect of any movement has a non-physical effect on the soul's movement. Which counters the non-physical TK of the soul.
There's no superiority or anything, it's simply a different way of affecting the same components since they are inherently linked together.
You are necessarily claiming that there needs to be a superiority though. If they're on the same level, then there is no reason to assume one overrides the other just because they act in different ways.
Papyrus' Blue Mode has about same affect against the Peak Human Frisk and the Class 10 Undyne, so I dunno about this
Scans?

You are claiming that there needs to be a superiority though. If they're on the same level, then there is no reason to assume one overturns the other just because they act in different ways.
Yeah that's my point. So affecting the soul could counter an infinite force being applied.

Also could you tag people? Get more opinions on here?

Last edited:
Literally nowhere is anything even close to this listed on any page on the entire website.
First sentence of Hax page says what I'm trying to convey to you.

It goes both ways. If the non-physical movement of the soul has a physical effect on the body, then the physical effect of any movement has a non-physical effect on the soul's movement.
I am agreeing with you. But moving the soul would just make the body move alongside it. You can think of it as the body blindly following where the soul goes.

Your argument is exactly the same as arguing that physical durability would prevent me from destroying your soul via hax. Only, this is for lifting strength.

You are claiming that there needs to be a superiority though. If they're on the same level, then there is no reason to assume one overturns the other just because they act in different ways.
What superiority are you talking about?

Soul manipulation doesn't have any physical characteristics it's just manipulating souls.

If I manipulate your soul, and your soul is tied to your body, then I am manipulating your body without even needing to interact with it. Simple as that.

Your argument is exactly the same as arguing that physical durability would prevent me from destroying your soul via hax. Only, this is for lifting strength.
It's absolutely not the same. If the soul can move the body then the body can move the soul. To say any act of moving the soul would move the body without it being able to counter it with an equal or greater force would mean a superiority of the soul.
Soul manipulation doesn't have any physical characteristics it's just manipulating souls.
But it absolutely does in this case. You are moving something. You are applying something to make it move. Let alone now that the body also moves which directly means you are applying a force.
If I manipulate your soul, and your soul is tied to your body, then I am manipulating your body without even needing to interact with it. Simple as that.
Yeah you are not interacting with the body. You are still moving it which would mean the body would be able to move against it.

No it literally isn't, in UT there is an explicit two-way bond between body movement and soul movement. There is no such thing for durability, as far as I'm aware, and if there is then that should be treated the way I'm arguing too.

Bump. This thread is kinda important for battles regarding Sans so a result would be good. Like the current Malenia vs Sans one.

Bump. As I mentioned this thread decides what happens when Sans faces flying opponents so it's important to clarify it for vs battles involving him. At the moment the only staff who has voted disagrees with this.

Bump. As I mentioned this thread decides what happens when Sans faces flying opponents so it's important to clarify it for vs battles involving him. At the moment the only staff who has voted disagrees with this.
I thought the staff were the ones with administrator tags?

I thought the staff were the ones with administrator tags?
The staffs with votes pertaining to crts are thread moderators, administrators, super administrators and bureocrats. So this thread needs at least one more disagreement or 2 agreements. The optimal conclusion would be with 3 votes though.

Well Strym and Armor don't agree with this and there is a very obvious reason. Yes Sans is using soul manipulation that much is apparent. The problem is he is also moving the body and that can resist. If he was only affecting the soul like crushing it or ripping it out there wouldn't be an issue.

It is sorta interesting how generally the soul and body can be moved separately even if the body is paralyzed, But sans apparently moves both the body and the soul via his tk and frisk can’t move their body separately

Eh point here is about Sans since that's the one that caused the problems. Anything arising from the others can be tackled in another crt. But this one needs to end.

cmon-do-something-original-cmon.gif

Well apparently two people disagree one of them being a staff so there is apparently a good reason.
we treat all other soul manipulation attacks as ignoring physical stats. why is this case any different ( unless if you're trying to contest sans having soul manip, thats another case entirely)

we treat all other soul manipulation attacks as ignoring physical stats. why is this case any different ( unless if you're trying to contest sans having soul manip, thats another case entirely)
Because it moves the body. So it quite literally affects it. So the body can also push. Like there isn't an issue with moving the soul or gaining a resistance to it due to stats. The problem is moving the body which doesn't follow automatically.

Because it moves the body. So it quite literally affects it. So the body can also push. Like there isn't an issue with moving the soul or gaining a resistance to it due to stats. The problem is moving the body which doesn't follow automatically.
if anything thats just soul + physical damage, doesnt deny one or the other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back