• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean sans likely yanks the soul right out of the body and the body just follows the souls movement theres not much the person can do to fend off a soul attack like that
If he yanks the soul out of the body then he doesn't move the body and also soul rips. If the soul remains in the body and he moves it and then the body follows then as long as the person isn't idiotic he is going to move in the opposite direction. And you have nothing to prove Sans will ignore the resistance.

If he yanks the soul out of the body then he doesn't move the body and also soul rips. If the soul remains in the body and he moves it and then the body follows then as long as the person isn't idiotic he is going to move in the opposite direction. And you have nothing to prove Sans will ignore the resistance.
im pretty sure in most fiction the soul is inside the body, this isnt an antifeat, if the soul is getting affected at all it is still soul manipulation

im pretty sure in most fiction the soul is inside the body, this isnt an antifeat, if the soul is getting affected at all it is still soul manipulation
Never mentioned that it isn't and that Sans can move it. The problem is with proving or assuming that moves the body irrelevant of ls. I disagree with that.

Never mentioned that it isn't and that Sans can move it. The problem is with proving or assuming that moves the body irrelevant of ls. I disagree with that.
could just be a unqie mechanic of how souls work in undertale.
latest

SOUL TK wouldn't really need to overpower the body's LS, since the body itself would automatically have to move to where the SOUL is being moved, or ya know
No SOUL in body = ded

souls are described as the culmination of one's being, so it definitely would.
It's literally referring to leveling up as Flowey pretty straightforwardly says right after because it allows you to grow stronger in the Undertale universe. In other fictions where it doesn't play as much role it's literally there if it exists at all.

You are trying to stretch the quote to mean I can control everything about someone when this hasn't been shown. As long as Sans moves the soul and the body moves then the body can move and move the soul.

I'm a bit confused by what the OP is proposing? They want to give Sans' Class 10 LS via Telekensis because he can lift the soul?

I'm a bit confused by what the OP is proposing? They want to give Sans' Class 10 LS via Telekensis because he can lift the soul?
No they want to say that because Sans can move the soul around and thus move the body that this negates the physical strenght of they body so that he can move everyone no matter their power. This however hasn't been shown and is a pretty big conjacture to make instead of just going with the fact that he can move beings scaling to his Tk.

tha
No they want to say that because Sans can move the soul around and thus move the body that this negates the physical strenght of they body so that he can move everyone no matter their power. This however hasn't been shown and is a pretty big conjacture to make instead of just going with the fact that he can move beings scaling to his Tk.
thats literally how soul manipulation works, incredulity isnt a good argument

It's literally referring to leveling up as Flowey pretty straightforwardly says right after because it allows you to grow stronger in the Undertale universe. In other fictions where it doesn't play as much role it's literally there if it exists at all.
that literally supports my argument. improving the soul = improving everything else.

That's how it works in Undertale. We don't care about what they do there only what applies to a battle. And Sans has shown nothing to support what you claim.
he moves a heart like object, called the (SOUL). that sounds like soul manipulation to be.
Exactly, thats how it works in undertale, meaning sans would just have run of the mill soul manip outside his verse.

he moves a heart like object, called the (SOUL). that sounds like soul manipulation to be.
Exactly, thats how it works in undertale, meaning sans would just have run of the mill soul manip outside his verse.
I never claimed he doesn't have that. I never claimed he can't move the soul of someone in whatever way he wants. I'm just saying that even if he does the moment the body moves the other person can also just play tag in the opposite direction and then it's a matter of who is stronger whether it is Sans moving the soul or the person moving his body.

Let me toss my 2 cents on the discussion, Sans' soul toss does not ignore lifting strength. Rather, the person being tossed has no actual way to act against the force applied onto their soul without a way to move their souls. But, if the character being tossed is too heavy, as in exceeds sans regular lifting strength. Then it should not have an effect.

Let me toss my 2 cents on the discussion, Sans' soul toss does not ignore lifting strength. Rather, the person being tossed has no actual way to act against the force applied onto their soul without a way to move their souls. But, if the character being tossed is too heavy, as in exceeds sans regular lifting strength. Then it should not have an effect.
Basically my point, is NLF that Sans can now lift Godzilla similar big asf enemies just because "lol soul".

Basically my point, is NLF that Sans can now lift Godzilla similar big asf enemies just because "lol soul".
I dont think they are really arguing "Sans can lift anyone" I think the Op is arguing "Enemy cannot use their LS to stop Sans TK since it targets the soul"

"Being heavy would work but being strong wouldnt" is what I understand

"Being heavy would work but being strong wouldnt" is what I understand
Applying LS is actually exerting said weight actually, given that if you're opposing a force of n-kg, then you'll need a force of n-kg yourself to counter is. It's basic physics.

So if a character with Glass G LS will try to oppose the TK, it'd be like the TK lifting a thing that is that much heavy.

Applying LS is actually exerting said weight actually, given that if you're opposing a force of n-kg, then you'll need a force of n-kg yourself to counter is. It's basic physics.

So if a character with Glass G LS will try to oppose the TK, it'd be like the TK lifting a thing that is that much heavy.
Class G wouldnt exist in the Soul Ig

Idk I am neutral to it either way

Class G wouldnt exist in the Soul Ig
Nah nah, it would given that UT works as in the body is linked to the SOUL and viceversa.

If you apply strength to a surface, said surface will either make an equivalent force to oppose it, or breaks because of overload.

The TK is basically on a similar logic here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back