• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't actually get half of these you should probably explain
Basically the Asgore and Asriel ones must be attacking the physical body otherwise you're saying that they're pulling out the heart to specifically attack it for example.
Asgore: Idk what your point is there Frisk dodged shit i guess
See above.
Tsunderplane: You can literally see in the fight that your soul is the thing getting closer to the planes
The whole point is Frisk going to pat her wings. A heart can't do that.
Undyne: The soul isn’t in Hawaii when it’s not in a fight it makes sense that it resides in your body and is pulled out when engaging in a fight
Or maybe it's just a way to make Frisk dodge the thing when they don't completely avoid it.
Flowey: Again dodging stuff i still dont see your point
Dude. You're telling me Frisk was just at distance when literally before the fight there was their sprite instead of the SOUL?
Mettaton: Idk what your point is but if your trying to imply what i think you are that would again make things very messy. Because we know the body and the soul are seperate things so if your saying that this is proof that the soul is a representation of frisk's physical body then thats wrong
Tell me how it's wrong. Because it's not the Soul that's shooting, it's the phone.
Frisk doesn’t even have flight but now that I’m thinking about it, they definitely should
Yeah, no. They explicitly need the jetpack for that.

Basically the Asgore and Asriel ones must be attacking the physical body otherwise you're saying that they're pulling out the heart to specifically attack it for example.
But they are tho thats what were saying. Youre soul leaves your body in a fight
The whole point is Frisk going to pat her wings. A heart can't do that.
No frisk didn’t pat their wings they got super close if they did touch their wings frisk would’ve been damaged
Tell me how it's wrong. Because it's not the Soul that's shooting, it's the phone.
Then it manipulated the soul. Souls turn a different colour all the time due to magic why wouldn’t it work here?
Yeah, no. They explicitly need the jetpack for that.
Limited flight or levitation then

Voting neutral for now.
I always thought the soul in battle was a representtion of Frisk themselves(both body and soul) so every attack that hit the body effected the soul.

But I can see sans having all his soul hax dura neg and law maipulation it might be a possibility.

Inverted Fate does follow the current way we treat it with the SOUL never leaving the body, but I think the other interpretation is also pretty valid

Soul leaving frisks body before a fight

Unless you want to say that frisk ran over there for absolutely no reason
... it's just displaying the entrance in the battle mode, how the hell is the game's graphic supposed to showcase that?

Don't you dare use the greater dog because it's a whole different case.
Dawg nothing here is inconsistent its very clear that frisk soul leaves their body in a fight.
Just saying "it's like this because I say so" is not a refute.

Plus 1:13, it's clear as hell that the SOUL is in the body.

A little?

Hmm. Not sure on that one chief. Gerson literally says he cannot be defeated because you cannot FIGHT him
Thanks, i am aware of that. please refer to Undyne freely chucking spears at you outside of a FIGHT for evidence that that's not a particularly consistent thing

"And then, during Asriel's fight, the flavor text "Can't move your body" is in-between two attacks that you move the soul to dodge"

You also have yet refute this statement and dont say "It's an inconsistency" Because thats a bad arguement considering the amount of evidence that supports it

please refer to Undyne freely chucking spears at you outside of a FIGHT for evidence that that's not a particularly consistent thing
Lets not ignore that the second we are hit by a spear instead of being damaged we go inside to a FIGHT.

Thanks, i am aware of that. please refer to Undyne freely chucking spears at you outside of a FIGHT for evidence that that's not a particularly consistent thing
To be fair I think it's a thing that's available only in shops, as not even Burgerpants was afraid.

However Mettaton was about to use fire stuff against Frisk had it not for Alphys, and that was outside a FIGHT.

But besides, yeah, UT being centered over metafiction doesn't mean that every game mechanic is canon, that's absurd.

There's also flavortext from Greater Dog that says you are being held down yet you move the soul.

It's as crystal clear as can be, there is no counter argument here besides semantics

"And then, during Asriel's fight, the flavor text "Can't move your body" is in-between two attacks that you move the soul to dodge"

"There's also flavortext from Greater Dog that says you are being held down yet you move the soul."

"Papyrus mentions you touching his bicep with a "floating heart" during his date"

Flowey literally says HE CAN SEE YOUR SOUL (This right here should be the end of the discussion since its an outright statement that he can see your soul)

It literally cannot get more clear than this

Dawg either read any comment on this thread or leave. At this point it seems like youre just ignoring all evidence
You've literally "countered" all of my stuff with "it's clearly the soul" when it just can't be the case.

The phone thing being the primary thing, Tsunderplane that needs to be physically approached and patted to be spared, etc.

You've literally "countered" all of my stuff with "it's clearly the soul" when it just can't be the case.

The phone thing being the primary thing, Tsunderplane that needs to be physically approached and patted to be spared, etc.
Ight bruh imma lay it all out for ya here.

Didn't touch the plane girl as ive already said although apparently you ignored that.

The phone could just as easily been magic. Similar to how undynes green mode or papyrus and sans' blue mode. Again as ive said before

"You've literally "countered" all of my stuff with "it's clearly the soul" when it just can't be the case."

For the love of god youre doing exactly what you accused me of doing earlier. You have literally every piece of evidence against the claim that frisks body and soul are acting as one. this statement alone disproves that: "And then, during Asriel's fight, the flavor text "Can't move your body" is in-between two attacks that you move the soul to dodge"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back